|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the expedition party do after sorting the specimen they have collected?
(a) They sell the specimen to the locals in San Lucas.
(b) They pack all the specimen in ice bags and send it back to the US.
(c) They buy jewelry for their girlfriends and wives back at home.
(d) They go ashore and visit a local cantina in the town of San Lucas.
2. What does the expedition party observe about the town of San Lucas?
(a) That the town has several interesting landmarks.
(b) That the town drives on the left side of the road.
(c) That the town is very much alive and everyone is heading to the ocean.
(d) That the town has recently suffered a great flood and the town is in disrepair.
3. There is a struggle for scraps and morsels of food.Who are the participants in the struggle?
(a) Wild pigs, vultures and dogs.
(b) The local boys in the area.
(c) The Indians in the area.
(d) Tiny and Sparky.
4. What happens to the vessel during Tiny and Sparky's watch?
(a) The Western Flyer stays on course and speeds up, making better sailing time.
(b) The Western Flyer often goes off-course during their watch but they do not get into serious trouble anyway.
(c) The Western Flyer stops all of a sudden, and almost tilts down.
(d) The Western Flyer attracts a lot of fish. In the process, the expedition team do not get hungry while Tiny and Sparky are on watch.
5. Who is the most competent in commanding the wheel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be seen in Cabo San Lucas?
2. What limitation does the expedition party have that is particular to their voyage?
3. What is The Log from the Sea of Cortez?
4. What is interesting about the bonito and other fish that caught Steinbeck and Ricketts' attention?
5. What happens when Steinbeck and Ricketts photograph the bonito and other fish?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)