|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Steinbeck and Ricketts encounter when they go for a walk in the dark?
(a) A little boy offering some pearls from the sea.
(b) A little cross with a candle lighting it.
(c) A local hospital that treats voyagers for free.
(d) A store that sells imported cigarettes.
2. Who is Tex?
(a) Ed Rickett's son.
(b) The leader of the four-string quartet hired for the expedition.
(c) The mechanic of the crew.
(d) John Steinbeck's son.
3. Why does the author rant about the outboard motor?
(a) Because its appearance is not attractive.
(b) Because it has brought them much hardship during the expedition.
(c) Because it has a foul odor.
(d) Because it is very noisy.
4. How many crew members are signed on for the expedition?
5. What is the concept explored by the author in the section that pertains to boats and men?
(a) How men become unreasonable when it comes to their boats.
(b) The way men choose their boats, their colors, and the length.
(c) The way men treat their boats like they treat their wives.
(d) The personification of a boat by a man and the identification of men with their boats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the duration covered by the story?
2. How are Tiny and Sparky presented?
3. What does the expedition party do after sorting the specimen they have collected?
4. Which piece of equipment receives positive feedback from the author?
5. What can be seen in Cabo San Lucas?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)