|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did she do with the leaks from the roof?
(a) She started a water game with the others.
(b) She used them for drinking water.
(c) She used them to take a shower.
(d) She used them to wash her hands.
2. When Alicia first came to the Little School, what did she do with her bread?
(a) She always hid it away.
(b) She always ate it all.
(c) She always gave it away.
(d) She always threw it at the guards.
3. Why is this day different?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) It is raining.
(c) It is cold.
(d) It is windy.
4. One day upon catching sight of Maria Elena, what does Alicia create?
(a) A blanket house.
(b) A paiting.
(c) A poem.
(d) A bread sculpture.
5. After the big rain, what animal did the guard bring into the prisoners' room?
(a) An iguana.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria Elena worry about her health?
2. What happened to Alicia while waiting her turn to brush her teeth?
3. While taking an early morning bus with Ruth, what announcement does Alicia hear on the radio?
4. How are the prisoners required to address the guards?
5. With what does Vaca, a fat guard, spray the prisoners?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alicia say is the only thing certain in their lives other than bread?
2. What does the name "Patichoti" mean?
3. What does water do for Alicia in Beauty Treatment?
4. What does the denim jacket mean to Alicia?
5. How do the prisoners communicate with the bread?
6. After the military visitor comes, where do the prisoners have to brush their teeth?
7. What does Death take from the old man because She has an overcrowded carriage?
8. What happens to Alicia when the raindrop falls on her forehead?
9. What character trait helps Alicia get through many of her trials at the Little School?
10. How does she feel when she is able to wash her hands with the leak?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)