|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the high school students taken to the Little School?
(a) They disobeyed their professor.
(b) They stole from a grocery store.
(c) They were out after curfew.
(d) They distributed pamphlets.
2. Which guard's name means "witch"?
3. For what are the prisoners constantly looking for in their beds?
(a) Bread crumbs.
(b) Bed bugs.
4. What happens to Alicia after she is caught talking?
(a) The guards allow her to take a shower.
(b) The guards chain her to the latrine.
(c) The guards take her outside in the rain.
(d) The guards try Chinese water torture on her.
5. Which guard allows the prisoners to talk?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alicia first came to the Little School, what did she do with her bread?
2. What does Alicia's husband answer when Chiche asks why they became subversives?
3. What does she suggest to Maria Elena to help her sleep?
4. Though Chiche went to the university, what has he become?
5. What does Rosa say when the guard asks if she will shoot him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What character trait helps Alicia get through many of her trials at the Little School?
2. How does the bread help to give the prisoners strength?
3. What was Alicia on the early bus to the suburbs?
4. When a batch of new prisoners arrive, what is Alicia requested to do?
5. What happened to Alicia the first time she called for a "Senor"?
6. How can Alicia guess Vasca's mood each day?
7. What does water do for Alicia in Beauty Treatment?
8. What does the name "Patichoti" mean?
9. How does she feel while being punished by Peine?
10. What happens to Alicia when the raindrop falls on her forehead?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)