|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After spraying and threatening the prisoners with a gun, what does Vaca give them?
(a) Shampoo and conditioner.
(b) Photos of their families.
(d) Toothbrushes and toothpaste.
2. When she saw the dog on the roof, what did Ruth do?
(a) She began to cry.
(b) She climbed the roof.
(c) She said "meow."
(d) She said "woof."
3. Which of these guards was a shift supervisor?
4. How were Maria Elena and Benja killed?
(a) They were shot.
(b) They contracted diseases.
(c) They were not killed, they are still alive.
(d) They were starved.
5. With what does Vaca, a fat guard, spray the prisoners?
(a) Cleaning fluid.
(b) Laundry detergent.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what were Braco and Benja injected before they were moved?
2. Where is Graciela giving birth?
3. Which guard allows them to talk quietly?
4. What does Rosa say when the guard asks if she will shoot him?
5. Where does the raindrop hit on her body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alicia make the bread balls?
2. Why was Alicia suspicious of a newspaper report that surfaced claiming two couples were killed in a confrontation with the military in their area?
3. While interrogating Alicia's husband, what do the guards think about the stream poem?
4. After the military visitor comes, where do the prisoners have to brush their teeth?
5. What happens to Alicia when the raindrop falls on her forehead?
6. Why is the guards' choice of Chinese water torture ridiculous?
7. What does water do for Alicia in Beauty Treatment?
8. What was Alicia on the early bus to the suburbs?
9. How does she feel while being punished by Peine?
10. Why were high school students taken prisoner at the Little School?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)