|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the shadow of life wear on her shoulders?
(a) A poncho of injustice.
(b) A dress of revolution.
(c) A cape of pain.
(d) A sheen of sweat.
2. Which guard allows the prisoners to talk?
3. When she saw the dog on the roof, what did Ruth do?
(a) She climbed the roof.
(b) She began to cry.
(c) She said "meow."
(d) She said "woof."
4. Whose face is Alicia desperately trying to recall?
(a) Miguel's face.
(b) Adrianita's face.
(c) Raul's face.
(d) Ruth's face.
5. Which guard allows them to talk quietly?
Short Answer Questions
1. One day upon catching sight of Maria Elena, what does Alicia create?
2. What beauty treatment is Alicia told to perform?
3. What does she dream of as it rains?
4. What does Alicia feel is the only reliable thing in their days at the Little School?
5. After the visitor leaves, where must the prisoners brush their teeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does she feel while being punished by Peine?
2. What happened to the son Graciela bore at the Little School?
3. What does the denim jacket mean to Alicia?
4. What was Alicia on the early bus to the suburbs?
5. What happened to Alicia the first time she called for a "Senor"?
6. How does she feel when she is able to wash her hands with the leak?
7. When a batch of new prisoners arrive, what is Alicia requested to do?
8. Why are Alicia and her husband placed side by side?
9. What does the name "Patichoti" mean?
10. Rosa has seen one of the guards' faces---what is he worried about?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)