|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were Maria Elena and Benja killed?
(a) They were starved.
(b) They contracted diseases.
(c) They were shot.
(d) They were not killed, they are still alive.
2. Where does the raindrop hit on her body?
(a) On her leg.
(b) On her hand.
(c) On her belly.
(d) On her forehead.
3. One day when she is not hungry, what does Alicia do instead with her bread?
(a) She throws it at the guards.
(b) She plays a game with Vasca.
(c) She rolls it into balls.
(d) She feeds some birds.
4. What does Chamame claim he allowed Graciela to do?
(a) Use the guards' restroom.
(b) Take a walk outside.
(c) Write a letter to her family.
(d) Take a shower.
5. After the visitor leaves, where must the prisoners brush their teeth?
(a) In the torture room.
(b) In their room.
(c) In the guards' bathroom.
(d) In the backyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hugo suffering from stomach cramps?
2. In what year was Alicia Partnoy born?
3. Which guard allows them to disregard Bruja's order?
4. What does one guard do when Alicia asks him for water?
5. Which of these guards was a shift supervisor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were high school students taken prisoner at the Little School?
2. What does the name "Patichoti" mean?
3. What was Alicia on the early bus to the suburbs?
4. How do the prisoners communicate with the bread?
5. What happened to Alicia the first time she called for a "Senor"?
6. How does the bread help to give the prisoners strength?
7. What happened to the son Graciela bore at the Little School?
8. After the military visitor comes, where do the prisoners have to brush their teeth?
9. While interrogating Alicia's husband, what do the guards think about the stream poem?
10. How can Alicia guess Vasca's mood each day?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)