|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since to two women have been able to talk?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) Six hours.
2. How many children did Maria and Nestor have?
3. What does she suggest to Maria Elena to help her sleep?
4. What sound does she perceive the drip cans to be making?
(c) They sound like a shower.
(d) They sound like a river.
5. What do the prisoners use when they "dry clean" their hands?
(a) They use the curtains.
(b) They use their own tears.
(c) They use their blankets.
(d) They use their own saliva.
Short Answer Questions
1. While taking an early morning bus with Ruth, what announcement does Alicia hear on the radio?
2. Where does the raindrop hit on her body?
3. With whom is Maria Elena in love?
4. Which guard allows them to disregard Bruja's order?
5. One day when she is not hungry, what does Alicia do instead with her bread?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does she feel when she is able to wash her hands with the leak?
2. What happened to Alicia the first time she called for a "Senor"?
3. Why is the guards' choice of Chinese water torture ridiculous?
4. What does Death take from the old man because She has an overcrowded carriage?
5. While interrogating Alicia's husband, what do the guards think about the stream poem?
6. What happened to the son Graciela bore at the Little School?
7. After the military visitor comes, where do the prisoners have to brush their teeth?
8. What are the two fierce shadows of Alicia's poem?
9. Why are Alicia and her husband placed side by side?
10. What does Alicia say is the only thing certain in their lives other than bread?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)