|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Alicia forced to seek shelter once at Nestor and Mary's house?
(a) She got caught in an electrical storm.
(b) She was being watched by the government.
(c) She and her husband had a fight.
(d) Her uncle had been kidnapped.
2. What was the one thing Nestor and Mary could not convince Alica of?
(a) The existence of aliens.
(b) The existence of God.
(c) The success of Capitalism.
(d) The potential of Socialism.
3. What treat was Alicia promised for her birthday?
(a) A soda.
(b) A visit with her husband.
(c) A letter from her daughter.
(d) A cheeseburger.
4. What is the guards' excuse for giving the prisoners treats?
(a) They want them to confess so they give them treats as incentive.
(b) For holidays and birthdays.
(c) To celebrate the capture of new prisoners.
(d) They feel sorry for the malnourished prisoners.
5. Why is Benja thus nicknamed?
(a) It was is final alias.
(b) He is trying to keep the guards from calling him his true name.
(c) He detests his full name.
(d) He is the youngest of the group, like Benjamin in the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the unexpected advantage of Alicia's nose?
2. Why is Alicia surprised at Chiche's threat?
3. What racial association does Alicia have for her nose?
4. Who is Adrianita?
5. What event caused Alicia and her friends to change their aliases?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alicia counteract her unwanted nickname?
2. Why is Graciela assigned to walk around the table?
3. Why do Alicia and Vasca find the plastic daisy so ludicrous?
4. Why do the guards call Alicia "Death"?
5. Why have Alicia and her nose reconciled at the Little School?
6. What action does the coup spur young Alicia to take?
7. What thought causes Alicia to stop being amused at Patichoti's jokes?
8. How was Graciela and Raul's relationship before the Little School?
9. What is Alicia's main goal for attempting telepathy?
10. What kind of God does Alicia want to believe in?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)