|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical problem had Alicia's nose caused her in the past?
(a) Respiratory problems.
(c) Ill-fitting sunglasses.
(d) Disproportionate photographs.
2. What letters does Partnoy read on the house when she arrives at the Little School?
(a) P.P., Politica Peron.
(b) G.L., El Grupo Libres.
(c) A.A.A., Alianza Anticomunita Argentina.
(d) O.A., Organizacion Argentina.
3. Who is forced to walk around the table, again and again for days on end?
4. Why was Alicia forced to seek shelter once at Nestor and Mary's house?
(a) Her uncle had been kidnapped.
(b) She was being watched by the government.
(c) She and her husband had a fight.
(d) She got caught in an electrical storm.
5. As a night guard, what does Pato usually do?
(a) He waked them every hour.
(b) He drinks booze and falls asleep.
(c) He sneaks them water.
(d) He takes them extra times to the latrine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Graciela and Raul want to do before they were captured?
2. What kind of dress does Graciela wear?
3. Which prisoner thinks they are getting privileges as a tactic to break them into cooperation?
4. To whom is the book dedicated?
5. What was Partnoy's weight during her captivity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of God does Alicia want to believe in?
2. Later, what does Alicia learn about the usefulness of aliases?
3. Why is Alicia surprised when the military police come for her?
4. What thought causes Alicia to stop being amused at Patichoti's jokes?
5. What is a military coup?
6. Why have Alicia and her nose reconciled at the Little School?
7. Before the Little School, what problems did Alicia have with her nose?
8. Why isn't Alicia frightened when Chiche threatens to make soap out of her?
9. Why does Alicia realize the music from the radio is not being played for her birthday?
10. What action does the coup spur young Alicia to take?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)