|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times a day are the prisoners allowed to relieve themselves?
(a) Four or five.
(b) Two or three.
2. What treat was Alicia promised for her birthday?
(a) A cheeseburger.
(b) A soda.
(c) A letter from her daughter.
(d) A visit with her husband.
3. What event caused Alicia and her friends to change their aliases?
(a) The president's death.
(b) Zulma's arrest.
(c) Graciela's arrest.
(d) The independence day.
4. What is the guards' excuse for giving the prisoners treats?
(a) They want them to confess so they give them treats as incentive.
(b) They feel sorry for the malnourished prisoners.
(c) To celebrate the capture of new prisoners.
(d) For holidays and birthdays.
5. What was Partnoy's weight during her captivity?
(a) 105 pounds.
(b) 95 pounds.
(c) 135 pounds.
(d) 75 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dress does Graciela wear?
2. Where is Benja positioned in their bunk room?
3. For what medicine must Alicia ask the doctor?
4. What worries Alicia the day after her experiment as she wakes up?
5. When Abuelo catches Alicia talking, what does Chiche threaten to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Graciela feel about her unborn child?
2. After waking from a nap about her daughter, what does Alicia discover about herself?
3. Why are Argentine youth suppressed after the military takes over rule of the country?
4. Who are Nestor and Mary?
5. Why does Alicia realize the music from the radio is not being played for her birthday?
6. How was Graciela and Raul's relationship before the Little School?
7. Why do the guards call Alicia "Death"?
8. What does Alicia do to try and comfort Benja?
9. Why must Alicia stop trying telepathy?
10. How does Alicia counteract her unwanted nickname?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)