|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had Alicia missed at the Little School by several days?
(c) Nestor and Mary.
(d) Maria Elena.
2. Which prisoner thinks they are getting privileges as a tactic to break them into cooperation?
(a) Maria Elena.
3. About how many Argentines "disappeared" between 1976 and 1979?
(a) Almost 15,000.
(b) Over 50,000.
(c) Almost 30,000.
(d) Exactly 24,594.
4. What did Graciela and Raul want to do before they were captured?
(a) Leave for the USA.
(c) Start a business.
(d) Have another baby.
5. When she was captured, what did the guards do to Graciela?
(a) They used an electric prod on her abdomen.
(b) They shaved her head.
(c) They made her take prenatal vitamins.
(d) They did not let her use the restroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. After what extravagant dinner does Alicia get her communication idea?
2. Why does the guard turn on the radio?
3. In what year did Partnoy return to her homeland?
4. Why is the prisoner being assigned exercise around the table?
5. Where is Benja positioned in their bunk room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Alicia's name figure into her political work?
2. What is Alicia's main goal for attempting telepathy?
3. Why do the guards call Alicia "Death"?
4. Later, what does Alicia learn about the usefulness of aliases?
5. After waking from a nap about her daughter, what does Alicia discover about herself?
6. What action does the coup spur young Alicia to take?
7. Why do the guards begin granting the prisoners privileges?
8. How does Graciela feel about her unborn child?
9. What does Alicia do to try and comfort Benja?
10. Why is Graciela assigned to walk around the table?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)