|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Chiche?
(a) He is Maria Elena's husband.
(b) He is a shift supervisor.
(c) He is the General.
(d) He is Alicia's husband.
2. How many times around the table did the doctor prescribe?
3. What is the guards' euphemism for death and burial?
(a) "Eternal darkness."
(b) "Back to the beginning."
(c) "The end of the day."
(d) "See how the radishes grow."
4. What shoes does the protagonist wear during the beginning of her stay at the Little School?
(a) Mismatched house slippers, one with a plastic daisy.
(b) Swim fins.
(d) High heels that are too small.
5. After the entire night tied up, what is Benja finally allowed to do?
(a) Use the latrine.
(b) Drink some water.
(c) Lie down on a bunk bed.
(d) Go outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Little School, what are inmates required to wear at all times?
2. What does Alicia worry about when her communication method does not work?
3. In the Little School, who calls Alicia by her name?
4. Why is Benja thus nicknamed?
5. The day Alicia sleeps for eighteen hours, what trip does she miss?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alicia surprised when the military police come for her?
2. Why do Alicia and Vasca find the plastic daisy so ludicrous?
3. Why must Alicia stop trying telepathy?
4. When told to slap Hugo in the face, what does Alicia do instead?
5. After waking from a nap about her daughter, what does Alicia discover about herself?
6. Why is Graciela assigned to walk around the table?
7. How was Graciela and Raul's relationship before the Little School?
8. What is Alicia's main goal for attempting telepathy?
9. How does Graciela feel about her unborn child?
10. Later, what does Alicia learn about the usefulness of aliases?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)