|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Adrianita?
(a) Benja's girlfriend.
(b) Alicia's daughter.
(c) Hugo's wife.
(d) Graciela's daughter.
2. What worries Alicia the day after her experiment as she wakes up?
(a) She does not remember the color of her eyes.
(b) She cannot remember where she left Ruth for her nap.
(c) She does not remember the time of day.
(d) She cannot remember if she turn off the faucet in her home.
3. About how many Argentines "disappeared" between 1976 and 1979?
(a) Over 50,000.
(b) Almost 30,000.
(c) Almost 15,000.
(d) Exactly 24,594.
4. What is the unexpected advantage of Alicia's nose?
(a) It allows small windows through the blindfold where she can see.
(b) It has a keen sense of smell.
(c) It is extremely attractive and give the guards sympathy for her.
(d) It reminds her of her family, which gives her hope.
5. Where do the prisoners go to relieve themselves?
(a) The latrine.
(b) The guard's bathroom.
(c) The hallway bathroom.
(d) The bucket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What letters does Partnoy read on the house when she arrives at the Little School?
2. What physical problem had Alicia's nose caused her in the past?
3. Through the peep hole in her blindfold, what does she see Hugo wearing?
4. What organization involved the mothers of disappeared people?
5. Where is Benja positioned in their bunk room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the prisoners suffer from constipation?
2. What action does the coup spur young Alicia to take?
3. Who are Nestor and Mary?
4. What is a military coup?
5. When told to slap Hugo in the face, what does Alicia do instead?
6. Why is Graciela assigned to walk around the table?
7. Why do the guards call Alicia "Death"?
8. Why does Alicia challenge the guard to an arm-wrestling match?
9. What kind of God does Alicia want to believe in?
10. How was Graciela and Raul's relationship before the Little School?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)