|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times around the table did the doctor prescribe?
2. How many times a day are the prisoners allowed to relieve themselves?
(b) Four or five.
(d) Two or three.
3. On what street do Alicia's parents live?
(a) Ecuador Street.
(b) Paraguay Street.
(c) Uruguay Street.
(d) Chile Street.
4. After the entire night tied up, what is Benja finally allowed to do?
(a) Lie down on a bunk bed.
(b) Use the latrine.
(c) Go outside.
(d) Drink some water.
5. What event caused Alicia and her friends to change their aliases?
(a) The president's death.
(b) Zulma's arrest.
(c) The independence day.
(d) Graciela's arrest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many operations had Alicia had on her nose?
2. When Abuelo catches Alicia talking, what does Chiche threaten to do?
3. Why is Alicia surprised at Chiche's threat?
4. How can Alicia touch Benja in his position?
5. To whom is the book dedicated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Graciela assigned to walk around the table?
2. Why do the prisoners suffer from constipation?
3. What is the "little train"?
4. What is Alicia's main goal for attempting telepathy?
5. Why do the guards call Alicia "Death"?
6. Why is Alicia surprised when the military police come for her?
7. What does it mean to be "disappeared"?
8. How did Alicia's name figure into her political work?
9. What thought causes Alicia to stop being amused at Patichoti's jokes?
10. How does Alicia counteract her unwanted nickname?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)