|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the prisoners have to do after they brush their teeth?
(a) They spit into a can.
(b) They receive dental appointments.
(c) They wash their faces in the guards' bathroom.
(d) They have to change beds.
2. As a child, what were the subjects of Alicia's poems?
(a) Plants and birds.
(b) Colors and numbers.
(c) Mountains and oceans.
(d) Buildings and trains.
3. How do Alicia and her husband communicate when he is brought to her room?
(a) They crack their knuckles.
(b) They use sign language.
(c) They speak in code.
(d) They click their tongues.
4. What poem does Alicia recite for Vasca?
(a) The poem about her daughter.
(b) The poem about the mountain.
(c) The poem about the guerrilla leader.
(d) The poem about the stream.
5. What does one guard do when Alicia asks him for water?
(a) He hits her with a rubber stick.
(b) He dumps water all over her bed.
(c) He takes her to the torture room.
(d) He puts a knife to her neck and forces her to kiss him.
6. Which guard's name means "duck"?
7. How old were Carlos and Hugo when they were arrested?
8. What did she do with the leaks from the roof?
(a) She used them for drinking water.
(b) She started a water game with the others.
(c) She used them to take a shower.
(d) She used them to wash her hands.
9. What does Chamame claim he allowed Graciela to do?
(a) Take a shower.
(b) Take a walk outside.
(c) Write a letter to her family.
(d) Use the guards' restroom.
10. One day when she is not hungry, what does Alicia do instead with her bread?
(a) She plays a game with Vasca.
(b) She rolls it into balls.
(c) She throws it at the guards.
(d) She feeds some birds.
11. Which guard's name means "old man"?
12. How long has it been since to two women have been able to talk?
(a) Five days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Six hours.
(d) Three hours.
13. Though Chiche went to the university, what has he become?
(a) A Communist.
(b) A Fascist.
(c) A politician.
(d) A garbage man.
14. How are the prisoners required to address the guards?
(a) As "ma'am."
(b) As "master."
(c) As "senor."
(d) As "soldier."
15. What does Alicia do when given extra bread and an apple?
(a) She keeps them under her pillow.
(b) She refuses the extra food.
(c) She gives them away.
(d) She eats them immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What experience does Zorzal have with delivering babies?
2. Before the rainstorm, how long had it been since she washed her hands?
3. With what were Braco and Benja injected before they were moved?
4. Why is this day different?
5. With whom is Maria Elena in love?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)