|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day when she is not hungry, what does Alicia do instead with her bread?
(a) She plays a game with Vasca.
(b) She rolls it into balls.
(c) She throws it at the guards.
(d) She feeds some birds.
2. What does the name "Patichoti" mean?
(a) Bad leg.
(b) Sun god.
(c) Strong leader.
(d) Sad face.
3. For what are the prisoners constantly looking for in their beds?
(a) Bread crumbs.
(b) Bed bugs.
4. What does Alicia do when given extra bread and an apple?
(a) She refuses the extra food.
(b) She eats them immediately.
(c) She gives them away.
(d) She keeps them under her pillow.
5. What does Alicia think she looks like?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A model.
(c) A famous singer.
(d) A witch.
6. How many permanent shift supervisors were there at the Little School?
7. What happened to Alicia while waiting her turn to brush her teeth?
(a) She was told to shower.
(b) She was beaten.
(c) She fainted.
(d) She was tortured.
8. Before the rainstorm, how long had it been since she washed her hands?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 20 days.
9. What poem does Alicia recite for Vasca?
(a) The poem about the stream.
(b) The poem about the mountain.
(c) The poem about her daughter.
(d) The poem about the guerrilla leader.
10. With whom was Graciela arrested?
(a) Her daughter Adrianita.
(b) Her son Benja.
(c) Her husband Raul.
(d) Her friend Maria Elena.
11. Once when the guard does not answer her, what does Alicia do to give Pato some bread?
(a) She passes it from hand to hand.
(b) She throws it at him.
(c) She gets up herself and gives it to him.
(d) She eats it herself.
12. What does eating the bread remind the prisoner of?
(a) It reminds them of their spouses.
(b) It reminds them of their fight.
(c) It reminds them of the guards.
(d) It reminds them of their homes.
13. What does Alicia feel is the only reliable thing in their days at the Little School?
14. What do the prisoners do to keep up their spirits?
(a) They plot against the guards.
(b) They attempt escape.
(c) They give each other bread.
(d) They sing with each other.
15. Because of the leaks, whose bed is Alicia moved close to?
(a) Maria Elena's bed.
(b) Hugo's bed.
(c) Vasca's bed.
(d) Benja's bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is present at the baby's birth?
2. What does Alicia's husband answer when Chiche asks why they became subversives?
3. What meal did Alicia cook on the day she and her husband were arrested?
4. What beauty treatment is Alicia told to perform?
5. Which guard's name means "cow"?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)