|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day upon catching sight of Maria Elena, what does Alicia create?
(a) A bread sculpture.
(b) A paiting.
(c) A blanket house.
(d) A poem.
2. What does she dream of as it rains?
(a) Empanadas and Enchiladas.
(b) Mate and tortas fritas.
(c) Chorizo and chalupas.
(d) Churros and chocolate.
3. What does eating the bread remind the prisoner of?
(a) It reminds them of their homes.
(b) It reminds them of their fight.
(c) It reminds them of their spouses.
(d) It reminds them of the guards.
4. How were Maria Elena and Benja killed?
(a) They contracted diseases.
(b) They were not killed, they are still alive.
(c) They were starved.
(d) They were shot.
5. How many permanent shift supervisors were there at the Little School?
6. What happens to Alicia after she is caught talking?
(a) The guards take her outside in the rain.
(b) The guards allow her to take a shower.
(c) The guards try Chinese water torture on her.
(d) The guards chain her to the latrine.
7. What is the guard wearing over his face?
(b) A mask.
(c) A bandage.
(d) A hood.
8. What beauty treatment is Alicia told to perform?
(a) She is told to wear perfume.
(b) She is told to shave her legs.
(c) She is told to cut her hair.
(d) She is told to put on makeup.
9. How does the denim jacket make Alicia feel?
10. What do the prisoners do to keep up their spirits?
(a) They give each other bread.
(b) They plot against the guards.
(c) They attempt escape.
(d) They sing with each other.
11. Once when the guard does not answer her, what does Alicia do to give Pato some bread?
(a) She passes it from hand to hand.
(b) She gets up herself and gives it to him.
(c) She throws it at him.
(d) She eats it herself.
12. What does Maria Elena worry about her health?
(a) She worries she has a cold.
(b) She worries her arm is broken.
(c) She worries she has a cavity.
(d) She worries she is pregnant.
13. How does Alicia learn to interpret Vasca's mood?
(a) She listens to how Vasca says "senor."
(b) She listens for Vasca to hum.
(c) She watches Vasca's movements.
(d) She watches the expression on Vasca's face.
14. What happened to Alicia while waiting her turn to brush her teeth?
(a) She was told to shower.
(b) She was tortured.
(c) She fainted.
(d) She was beaten.
15. On the afternoon of April 13, what does Alicia see in the hallway on her way to the bathroom?
(a) Prisoners' feet.
(b) Blood spots.
(c) A puppy.
(d) Discarded paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose face is Alicia desperately trying to recall?
2. What do the prisoners use when they "dry clean" their hands?
3. How do Alicia and her husband communicate when he is brought to her room?
4. What was the first time Alicia used the term "senor"?
5. After spraying and threatening the prisoners with a gun, what does Vaca give them?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)