|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Maria Elena in love?
(b) Juan Pablo.
2. What does Alicia's mother brag that her children do?
(a) Daniel writes poems and Alicia illustrates them.
(b) Alicia writes poems and Daniel illustrates them.
(c) Jaime writes poems and Daniel illustrates them.
(d) Daniel writes poems and Jaime illustrates them.
3. How many permanent shift supervisors were there at the Little School?
4. What is the guard wearing over his face?
(a) A mask.
(b) A hood.
(d) A bandage.
5. What person are Graciela and the guards waiting for?
(b) The General.
(c) A doctor.
6. Which of these guards was a shift supervisor?
7. Though Chiche went to the university, what has he become?
(a) A garbage man.
(b) A Fascist.
(c) A Communist.
(d) A politician.
8. How does Alicia learn to interpret Vasca's mood?
(a) She watches the expression on Vasca's face.
(b) She listens to how Vasca says "senor."
(c) She watches Vasca's movements.
(d) She listens for Vasca to hum.
9. What does Alicia's husband answer when Chiche asks why they became subversives?
(a) They hate the government.
(b) They thought it would be fun.
(c) They went to the university.
(d) They were forced to become subversives.
10. What does Rosa say when the guard asks if she will shoot him?
(a) She says she will give him flowers.
(b) She says she will walk away from him.
(c) She says she will shoot him.
(d) She says she will buy him coffee.
11. How did the guards attempt to clean after giving the toothbrushes?
(a) They rinsed the floor with pine-scented cleaning fluid.
(b) They changed all the mattresses.
(c) They de-loused the entire room.
(d) They mended the blankets.
12. How does the denim jacket make Alicia feel?
13. What does she suggest to Maria Elena to help her sleep?
14. When she saw the dog on the roof, what did Ruth do?
(a) She climbed the roof.
(b) She said "meow."
(c) She began to cry.
(d) She said "woof."
15. What do the prisoners do to keep up their spirits?
(a) They attempt escape.
(b) They give each other bread.
(c) They sing with each other.
(d) They plot against the guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. On one very hot afternoon, what does Bruja force the prisoners to do?
2. One day while calling for "Senor," what unexpected sound does Alicia hear next to her bed?
3. How do Alicia and her husband communicate when he is brought to her room?
4. Before the rainstorm, how long had it been since she washed her hands?
5. One day when she is not hungry, what does Alicia do instead with her bread?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)