|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Maria Elena in love?
(a) Juan Pablo.
2. What does one guard do when Alicia asks him for water?
(a) He puts a knife to her neck and forces her to kiss him.
(b) He takes her to the torture room.
(c) He hits her with a rubber stick.
(d) He dumps water all over her bed.
3. Before the rainstorm, how long had it been since she washed her hands?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 20 days.
4. On one very hot afternoon, what does Bruja force the prisoners to do?
(a) Sit in the latrine for hours.
(b) Run blindfolded in the hot sun.
(c) Lie facedown on their beds with their heads under blankets.
(d) Lie unmoving on the floor.
5. What evening was Zulma "Vasca" Izurieta taken to be killed?
(a) May 12, 1977.
(b) February 12, 1977.
(c) January 12, 1977.
(d) April 12, 1977.
6. When the new prisoners arrive, what does Alicia do?
(a) She recites a poem.
(b) She shares the leak over her bed.
(c) She distracts the guards to keep them safe.
(d) She tells them to keep their blindfolds tight.
7. One day upon catching sight of Maria Elena, what does Alicia create?
(a) A poem.
(b) A blanket house.
(c) A paiting.
(d) A bread sculpture.
8. After the visitor leaves, where must the prisoners brush their teeth?
(a) In the torture room.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) In the guards' bathroom.
(d) In their room.
9. What does Rosa say when the guard asks if she will shoot him?
(a) She says she will buy him coffee.
(b) She says she will give him flowers.
(c) She says she will walk away from him.
(d) She says she will shoot him.
10. Because of the leaks, whose bed is Alicia moved close to?
(a) Vasca's bed.
(b) Hugo's bed.
(c) Benja's bed.
(d) Maria Elena's bed.
11. How long has it been since to two women have been able to talk?
(a) Two days.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Five days.
12. What does Alicia's husband answer when Chiche asks why they became subversives?
(a) They thought it would be fun.
(b) They were forced to become subversives.
(c) They went to the university.
(d) They hate the government.
13. What do the prisoners have to do after they brush their teeth?
(a) They have to change beds.
(b) They spit into a can.
(c) They wash their faces in the guards' bathroom.
(d) They receive dental appointments.
14. For what are the prisoners constantly looking for in their beds?
(b) Bread crumbs.
(c) Bed bugs.
15. What does Alicia think she looks like?
(a) A model.
(b) A witch.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A famous singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which guard allows them to disregard Bruja's order?
2. How do Alicia and her husband communicate when he is brought to her room?
3. How were Maria Elena and Benja killed?
4. What does Alicia's mother brag that her children do?
5. How many permanent shift supervisors were there at the Little School?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)