|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17, Forms of Address, Poetry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alicia learn to interpret Vasca's mood?
(a) She listens to how Vasca says "senor."
(b) She watches the expression on Vasca's face.
(c) She watches Vasca's movements.
(d) She listens for Vasca to hum.
2. In what ceremony did Alicia participate, reading the Bible?
(a) In Ruth's baptism.
(b) In Maria Elena's inauguration.
(c) In Graciela's confirmation.
(d) In Nestor and Mary's wedding.
3. Why is Alicia surprised at Chiche's threat?
(a) She expected him to whip her.
(b) She knows her daughter is alive.
(c) She expected him to forgive her.
(d) She knows her husband is dead.
4. What kind of dress does Graciela wear?
(a) A striped dress.
(b) A flowered dress.
(c) A blue dress.
(d) A red dress.
5. How does Alicia detect the guard is still in the room, though he tries to fool her into thinking he has left?
(a) She can see his feet through her blindfold.
(b) She can smell his cigarette smoke.
(c) He did not say goodbye.
(d) She has not heard the door shut.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the visitor promises her a treat, what room is Alicia staying in?
2. How are the prisoners required to address the guards?
3. What does Alicia pass to Benja?
4. Whose face is Alicia desperately trying to recall?
5. What does Alicia feel is the only reliable thing in their days at the Little School?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)