|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17, Forms of Address, Poetry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alicia do when given extra bread and an apple?
(a) She gives them away.
(b) She eats them immediately.
(c) She refuses the extra food.
(d) She keeps them under her pillow.
2. What do the prisoners use when they "dry clean" their hands?
(a) They use their blankets.
(b) They use the curtains.
(c) They use their own saliva.
(d) They use their own tears.
3. How old is Alicia when she is captured?
4. Why is the prisoner being assigned exercise around the table?
(a) Her legs are atrophying.
(b) She is politically important.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) It is a specially designed torture.
5. How does she describe her heart after the raindrop hits her?
(a) Like day-old bread in water.
(b) Like expansion foam in the sun.
(c) Like a sponge.
(d) Like rubber in July.
Short Answer Questions
1. While doing political work, what did Alicia and her compatriots use?
2. On one very hot afternoon, what does Bruja force the prisoners to do?
3. What is the guards' nickname for Alicia?
4. While taking an early morning bus with Ruth, what announcement does Alicia hear on the radio?
5. What does Maria Elena worry about her health?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)