Introduction, Chapter 1, The One-Flower Slippers
• 30,000 Argentines disappeared between 1976 and 1979.
• Alicia Partnoy was part of the Peronist Youth Movement in college.
• In 1975, Peron's third wife Isabella gave control of the government to the military.
• Alicia and her friends pass out pamphlets in protest.
• Alicia and her husband are arrested and taken to the Little School.
• They are tortured and kept in inhumane conditions.
• They are finally released three and a half years later.
• Alicia is surprised the police come for her in the middle of the day.
• She tries to escape but is captured and thrown into a truck.
• She is taken to the Little School and blindfolded.
• She is given the one-flower slippers to wear.
Chapter 2-3, Latrine, Birthday
• The prisoners suffer from constipation.
• Occasionally the prisoners may use the guards' bathroom.
• In the latrine, Alicia is given sandpaper instead of toilet paper.
• Bruja lines everyone up like...
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)