|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 34, what time do Perdu and Max return to the barge?
(a) Around noon.
(b) Early morning.
(c) An hour before dawn.
(d) Two hours after midnight.
2. In Manon's diary at the end of Chapter 21, how many books did she think that world ruler should have to read?
3. What color are the flowers in the garden in Chapter 27 whose fragrance make Perdu dizzy?
(a) Yellow, pink, and lavender.
(b) Yellow, white, and red.
(c) Red, blue, and yellow.
(d) Pink, red, and white.
4. In Chapter 29, what is Cuneo wearing as he tends to the woman rescued from the river?
(a) Shorts and tank top.
(b) Blue tracksuit.
(c) Jeans and t-shirt.
(d) White tracksuit.
5. What does Perdu think that Samy's laugh is like in Chapter 32?
(a) Bray of a donkey.
(b) Honking of a flying crane.
(c) Choking cough.
(d) Honking of a goose.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 35, what color car do Perdu and Max rent?
2. How many people live in the village that Perdu says is crazy about books?
3. What does Cuneo take with him when he joins Max and Perdu on the barge in Chapter 23?
4. In Chapter 27, what does Zelda tell Perdu they call the cancer that Elaia has?
5. What does Cuneo serve to eat at the beginning of Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Perdu describe Cuisery in Chapter 30?
2. In Manon's travel diary at the end of Chapter 21, what did Manon say about Luc and Perdu?
3. Why does Samy give Perdu and Max mobile phones in Chapter 35?
4. How did the deer's death affect the men in Chapter 27?
5. On what conditions does Perdu want Cuneo and Samy to take his barge?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 21, what can be seen from the Literary Apothecary barge?
7. Why does Cuneo join Perdu and Max on their voyage in Chapter 23?
8. What does Perdu tell Cuneo that Max has lost in Chapter 26?
9. In Chapter 32, what does Samy say that her innate flaw is and what trouble did it cause her?
10. Why did Samy write Southern Lights?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)