• In Chapter 1, Jean Perdu has been persuaded by the owner and by the concierge of his apartment building at 27 Rue Montagnard to give a table to a new resident.
• The new resident, Madame Catherine Le P has just been left by her husband, and she has very little.
• Perdu reluctantly agrees, although he would prefer to give a book.
• At his place, Perdu has to remove books from a bookcase to access the room where the table is.
• He has not entered the room for 21 years, because the last time he was there was with a woman who left him.
• At the age of 50, Perdu does not even like to think of the woman’s name.
• In the room, Perdu tries to ignore the pleasant smells.
• He grabs the table and takes it to the new tenant's home.
• He can hear her crying in a way...
This section contains 4,896 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)