|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the letter that Christina's aunt writes to her, what does she complain about?
2. What was the name of the woman Jessica and Christina traveled with on the wagon train?
3. Where does Christina prefer to sleep?
4. Lyon's aunt urges Christina to talk to Lyon about which of the following?
5. Who is Christina angry at during her wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Harriet urges Christina to tell Lyon about her fears, what fears is she talking about?
2. Why does Christina decide she does not want to marry Lyon?
3. Why did Jessica leave the wagon train, and how does she do it?
4. What is the significance in Lyon's mother being taken to Lyonwood?
5. What plan does Patricia come up with when Jessica has Christina?
6. Describe the journal entry dated October 11, 1795.
7. Why was the joke about eating dogs significant?
8. How does Christina interact with Edward?
9. What does Christina want from Edward?
10. What things are most important to Christina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role that setting plays in The Lion's Lady. Why is Lyonwood significant in taking Lyon and Christina out of their elements? How does Lyonwood serve as a barrier for the two?
Essay Topic 2
Are Christina and Lyon in love? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What role does back story play in The Lion's Lady? How do the journal entries contribute to the back story? Describe how the plot of the story would change if the journal entries were not a part of the novel.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)