|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who slaps Christina?
2. Where did Jessica and Merry live in the winter?
3. What is described in the journal entry dated October 20, 1795?
4. If Jessica died, what was Merry supposed to do?
5. What joke does Christina make about pets?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lyon respond to Christina playing cards in the tavern?
2. Why does Christina decide she does not want to marry Lyon?
3. Describe Jessica's reaction to her pregnancy.
4. Why is it significant that Rhone is the first to learn of Patricia's plan to have Christina kidnapped?
5. Describe Christina's rules about marriage.
6. Describe the pledge that Merry and Jessica make to each other.
7. Describe the journal entry dated October 11, 1795.
8. How does Lyon respond to discovering that Christina's past involves an Indian family?
9. Describe the two letters Christina receives when Lyon is in London.
10. When Harriet urges Christina to tell Lyon about her fears, what fears is she talking about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it significant to note that Christina is often dishonest with Lyon? What does this tell the reader about Christina? Does this make Christina a bad person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the theme of the "impact of one" plays in The Lion's Lady, especially when it comes to Christina and the role she plays in transforming others.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the transformation Millicent takes over the course of the novel. How did Christina help with this transformation?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)