|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Christina angry at during her wedding?
2. Whose home does Jessica plan to visit after she leaves her father's home?
3. What is the name of the man who teaches Christina to play cards?
4. What is the name of Lyon's aunt?
5. What is the name of the man Lyon believes to be a key to Christina's past?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it significant that Everett does not want to take the girls to the tavern?
2. What was the Brisbane Incident?
3. What does Edward use to threaten Christina, and how does she respond?
4. Describe the two letters Christina receives when Lyon is in London.
5. How does Lyon respond to Christina playing cards in the tavern?
6. How does Lyon respond to discovering that Christina's past involves an Indian family?
7. What plan does Patricia come up with when Jessica has Christina?
8. Describe the pledge that Merry and Jessica make to each other.
9. What is the significance in Lyon's mother being taken to Lyonwood?
10. Why is it significant that Christina fears saddles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Christina's goals? Why does she want to hear that Jessica was not a weak-minded woman? Does Christina care about her reputation?
Essay Topic 2
What role does juxtaposition play in the novel? Which characters, settings, and objects are juxtaposed? Describe two instances of juxtaposition in The Lion's Lady.
Essay Topic 3
How does the relationship between Lyon and Christina change from the first time they meet until the end when they have a child? What conflicts do the two have, and how do they overcome them?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)