|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Patricia's husband treat Jessica?
2. Whose home does Jessica plan to visit after she leaves her father's home?
3. For what does Patricia continually berate Jessica?
4. How old was Christina when Jessica left Patricia's home?
5. What was the name of the child Jessica saved?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the pledge that Merry and Jessica make to each other.
2. When Harriet urges Christina to tell Lyon about her fears, what fears is she talking about?
3. Why does Christina fear marriage?
4. How does Lyon respond to Christina playing cards in the tavern?
5. How does Christina interact with Edward?
6. What things are most important to Christina?
7. Describe Christina's rules about marriage.
8. Why is it significant that Everett does not want to take the girls to the tavern?
9. Why does Christina decide she does not want to marry Lyon?
10. What does Christina want from Edward?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Are Christina and Lyon in love? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the clash of London culture and Indian culture as it is presented in The Lion's Lady. What conflicts does culture shock create? How do characters respond to the clashing cultures?
Essay Topic 3
A theme in The Lion's Lady is the way that the past can catch up with a character. For example, Christina's past catches up with her when Lyon wants answers about her upbringing. Explain the role that this theme plays in at least two scenarios in the novel.
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)