|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Diana's driver?
2. If Merry was killed, what was Jessica supposed to do?
3. What is the name of Christina's son?
4. When the entire family sits down for dinner at Lyonwood, how does Lyon feel?
5. After reading the letter from the missionary, what is Christina's immediate reaction?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Aunt Harriet.
2. Describe the pledge that Merry and Jessica make to each other.
3. Describe the two letters Christina receives when Lyon is in London.
4. Describe Christina's rules about marriage.
5. How does Lyon respond to Christina playing cards in the tavern?
6. Why does Christina fear marriage?
7. Why does Christina decide she does not want to marry Lyon?
8. How does Lyon respond to Christina's questions about Lettie?
9. What things are most important to Christina?
10. How does Lyon respond to discovering that Christina's past involves an Indian family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role that setting plays in The Lion's Lady. Why is Lyonwood significant in taking Lyon and Christina out of their elements? How does Lyonwood serve as a barrier for the two?
Essay Topic 2
What role does juxtaposition play in the novel? Which characters, settings, and objects are juxtaposed? Describe two instances of juxtaposition in The Lion's Lady.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the theme of the "impact of one" plays in The Lion's Lady, especially when it comes to Christina and the role she plays in transforming others.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)