|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Lyon's aunt?
2. Who is Christina angry at during her wedding?
3. Jessica claimed to pray for __________.
4. How did James die?
5. How were Jessica's companions killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it significant that Rhone is the first to learn of Patricia's plan to have Christina kidnapped?
2. What does Christina want from Edward?
3. What things are most important to Christina?
4. What is Lyon's view of Christina's marriage proposal?
5. Why is it significant that Everett does not want to take the girls to the tavern?
6. Why was the joke about eating dogs significant?
7. How does Lyon respond to discovering that Christina's past involves an Indian family?
8. What is the significance in Lyon's mother being taken to Lyonwood?
9. Describe Christina's rules about marriage.
10. What compromises does Lyon expect Christina to make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Are Christina and Lyon in love? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the clash of London culture and Indian culture as it is presented in The Lion's Lady. What conflicts does culture shock create? How do characters respond to the clashing cultures?
Essay Topic 3
How does Christina cope with culture shock? Analyze the way diction portrays Christina's culture shock and the way she copes with it.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)