|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Christina's grandfather's will, who gets all his money?
2. In what year does the Marquess of Lyonwood arrive home to find his wife having serious trouble during labor?
3. What is the name of the second solicitor for Christina's grandfather?
4. Christina asks Lyon if he wants to _______________.
5. Christina leads Lyon to believe that she was raised in ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Christina behave unladylike?
2. Describe the journal entry dated August 1, 1795.
3. Describe Emmet Splickler.
4. Describe the promise made between Jessica and Merry.
5. Describe Christina's life with the Indians.
6. Why doesn't Christina want to stay in England?
7. What happens in the journal entry dated August 15, 1795?
8. How do Lyon and Christina feel about marriage after Christina and Lyon have sexual intercourse?
9. How did Jessica compare Mylala and Patricia?
10. Describe the relationship between James and Lyon.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Patricia is a manipulative character, as is Edward. Describe the role manipulation plays in The Lion's Lady and how characters overcome manipulation in at least two different cases.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of dialogue in The Lion's Lady. What conflict and resolution comes from the use of dialogue?
Essay Topic 3
What role does juxtaposition play in the novel? Which characters, settings, and objects are juxtaposed? Describe two instances of juxtaposition in The Lion's Lady.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)