|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Christina's grandfather's will, who gets all his money?
2. About whom does Lyon refuse to talk?
3. According to Jessica, what does Patricia feed on?
4. Why does Christina get mad when Lyon says she is "quite a philosopher''?
5. Christina says she won't be in England long enough to care about which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reference does Christina make to the "Great Spirit"?
2. Why is Christina reluctant to submit to Lyon in any way?
3. Why doesn't Christina want to stay in England?
4. How does Christina perceive her father?
5. What is Patricia's plan for Christina's money?
6. Describe the promise made between Jessica and Merry.
7. How did Jessica compare Mylala and Patricia?
8. How do Lyon and Christina feel about marriage after Christina and Lyon have sexual intercourse?
9. Why does Christina call Lyon a warrior?
10. Describe Black Wolf's reaction to Christina's appearance at the tribe.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A theme in The Lion's Lady is the way that the past can catch up with a character. For example, Christina's past catches up with her when Lyon wants answers about her upbringing. Explain the role that this theme plays in at least two scenarios in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the impact that language barriers have on the relationships that Christina builds with at least two different characters.
Essay Topic 3
Many characters distrust each other in The Lion's Lady. Describe the reasons many characters distrust each other, as well as how this distrust plays a role in the novel. Is the distrust warranted? Why or why not?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)