|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the journal entry dated September 1, 1795, Jessica found her husband with a large number of _______.
2. Christina tells Lyon that getting involved with her could result in __________.
3. What is the name of Lyon's wife's doctor?
4. What animal is Christina compared to by the woman who brings her to the tribe's camp?
5. Which of the following is the title of Christina's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the promise made between Jessica and Merry.
2. Why is Christina reluctant to submit to Lyon in any way?
3. How does Christina behave unladylike?
4. Describe Black Wolf's reaction to Christina's appearance at the tribe.
5. Describe one example supporting the argument that Christina is a good-hearted person.
6. Why is reputation a significant theme in The Lion's Lady?
7. How did Jessica compare Mylala and Patricia?
8. How does Lyon's tone toward Christina change dramatically at Rhone's house?
9. What is Christina's relationship with Patricia?
10. What three problems does Patricia have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the relationship between Lyon and Christina change from the first time they meet until the end when they have a child? What conflicts do the two have, and how do they overcome them?
Essay Topic 2
How does Christina cope with culture shock? Analyze the way diction portrays Christina's culture shock and the way she copes with it.
Essay Topic 3
Are Christina and Lyon in love? Why or why not?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)