|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the journal entry from August 15, 1795, Jessica learns that Edward insists she remain ________.
2. What is the name of the man who is eager to see his wife and son but reluctant to accept Christina?
3. What does Patricia want Emmet to do?
4. Where does Lyon first meet Christina?
5. Why does Christina hope that Lyon didn't kill any of the men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse does Lyon use to get closer to Christina?
2. Why doesn't Christina want to stay in England?
3. What happens in the journal entry dated August 15, 1795?
4. Does Merry foresee problems with bringing Christina back to the tribe? What does she do to prevent these problems?
5. Describe the promise made between Jessica and Merry.
6. Why are the gems in Jessica's September 1st journal entry significant?
7. How does Christina perceive her father?
8. Describe one example supporting the argument that Christina is a good-hearted person.
9. Describe the relationship between James and Lyon.
10. Describe the journal entry dated August 1, 1795.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At what point does the climax of The Lion's Lady occur? Is it significant that there is little resolution in the novel? Is this typical of the historical genre? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the impact that language barriers have on the relationships that Christina builds with at least two different characters.
Essay Topic 3
What are Christina's goals? Why does she want to hear that Jessica was not a weak-minded woman? Does Christina care about her reputation?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)