|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on the journal entry dated October 12, 1795?
2. What is the relationship of the woman who confronts Lyon at the party to him?
3. What is Emmet's last name?
4. Which word describes the living conditions for the people of Edward's kingdom?
5. Patricia told Christina that she is going to the country_____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the journal entry dated August 1, 1795.
2. How did Jessica compare Mylala and Patricia?
3. What is the significance of the shaman's vision in 1797?
4. What is Christina's relationship with Patricia?
5. How does Christina perceive her father?
6. What is revealed about the characters when Christina asks Lyon if he believes in destiny?
7. Why is reputation a significant theme in The Lion's Lady?
8. What excuse does Lyon use to get closer to Christina?
9. Describe the sexual encounter Jessica witnessed.
10. Describe Black Wolf's reaction to Christina's appearance at the tribe.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Garwood uses humor in some places to relieve tension in The Lion's Lady. Humor often occurs in dialogue and misunderstandings that result from Lyon and Christina's relationship and the culture shock she experiences. What role does humor play in the novel, and what effect does it have on the reader? Why would Garwood choose to use humor to convey a message and relieve tension?
Essay Topic 2
Why is it significant to note that Christina is often dishonest with Lyon? What does this tell the reader about Christina? Does this make Christina a bad person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the theme of the "impact of one" plays in The Lion's Lady, especially when it comes to Christina and the role she plays in transforming others.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)