|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does Jessica use to describe Patricia?
2. When Lyon visits his mother and startles his sister, how does he feel?
3. What is the name of Lyon's brother?
4. What age did Jessica turn before leaving England?
5. In what year does the Marquess of Lyonwood arrive home to find his wife having serious trouble during labor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Christina reluctant to submit to Lyon in any way?
2. Why is Christina's virginity significant to the story?
3. Describe the promise made between Jessica and Merry.
4. Why doesn't Christina want to stay in England?
5. Describe Emmet Splickler.
6. What happens in the journal entry dated August 15, 1795?
7. What is Patricia's plan for Christina's money?
8. How does Christina's mother discover her husband's bad behavior?
9. Describe the journal entry dated August 1, 1795.
10. Describe one example supporting the argument that Christina is a good-hearted person.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does back story play in The Lion's Lady? How do the journal entries contribute to the back story? Describe how the plot of the story would change if the journal entries were not a part of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
What are Christina's goals? Why does she want to hear that Jessica was not a weak-minded woman? Does Christina care about her reputation?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the point of view used by the narrator in The Lion's Lady. Why is it significant that the reader gets insight from several characters, not just Christina, the protagonist?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)