|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forced Edward to run in the journal entry?
(a) An Indian tribesman saw him.
(b) Jessica's screams.
(c) Christina's cries.
(d) A horse neighed at him.
2. How does Patricia's husband treat Jessica?
(a) He is kind to her.
(b) He treats her like a servant.
(c) He locks her in a room.
(d) He pretends she isn't there.
3. Why does Diana's driver hesitate to go to the tavern?
(a) It's in a bad area.
(b) He knows Rhone is there.
(c) Her husband would not approve.
(d) He does not like Christina.
4. What name does Christina give to her "stepfather"?
5. If Merry was killed, what was Jessica supposed to do?
(a) Hide with the children in a village.
(b) Go back to Edward.
(c) Kill Edward.
(d) Take Merry's son to the tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Soon after Christina and Lyon are married and return to his home, Lyon plans to leave for __________.
2. Which of the following describes Christina's skills at cards after learning at the tavern?
3. What was the name of the child Jessica saved?
4. Who tells Christina about James' accident?
5. Jessica and Merry make a pledge regarding ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Brisbane Incident?
2. What things are most important to Christina?
3. When Harriet urges Christina to tell Lyon about her fears, what fears is she talking about?
4. Describe Christina's rules about marriage.
5. Describe the journal entry dated October 11, 1795.
6. Why did Jessica leave the wagon train, and how does she do it?
7. Why is it significant that Everett does not want to take the girls to the tavern?
8. Describe Jessica's reaction to her pregnancy.
9. How does Lyon respond to Christina's questions about Lettie?
10. How does Lyon respond to Christina playing cards in the tavern?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)