|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new pet does Diana get?
(a) A hamster.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A horse.
2. What is the name of the man Christina meets at the wedding reception who recounts a story of Lyon questioning Christina's voyage?
3. How did James die?
(a) He was stabbed.
(b) He fell from a horse.
(c) He was killed by an Indian man.
(d) He was executed for treason.
4. For what does Patricia continually berate Jessica?
(a) Burying jewels.
(b) Coming to America.
(c) Getting pregnant.
(d) Leaving Edward.
5. Why did Jessica leave the wagon train?
(a) The other travelers kicked her out.
(b) She was scared others would die at the hands of Edward.
(c) She grew tired of traveling.
(d) She was disappointed in the other travelers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jessica is certain that Patricia wants to take on Jessica's baby as her own for which reason?
2. What did Jessica do when she saw a man beating a child, according to her journal entry?
3. What is the middle name of Christina's son?
4. What is described in the journal entry dated October 20, 1795?
5. How do Edward's admissions make Christina feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What compromises does Lyon expect Christina to make?
2. Why does Christina decide she wants a divorce, and how does she show it?
3. Why does Christina fear marriage?
4. Describe the pledge that Merry and Jessica make to each other.
5. What does Christina want from Edward?
6. What is the significance in Lyon's mother being taken to Lyonwood?
7. How does Lyon respond to Christina's questions about Lettie?
8. What does Edward use to threaten Christina, and how does she respond?
9. What is Lyon's view of Christina's marriage proposal?
10. Why was the joke about eating dogs significant?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)