|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Jessica's crossing to America?
2. What is the name of Christina's son?
3. Lyon believes that the key to Christina's past is which of the following?
(a) A friend of her father's.
(b) A priest.
(c) A missionary.
(d) An Indian man who recently showed up.
4. What did Jessica do with the jewels she stole?
(a) She buried them.
(b) She returned them to the peasants.
(c) She gave them to her father.
(d) She sold them.
5. What did Jessica do when she saw a man beating a child, according to her journal entry?
(a) She shot the man.
(b) She stabbed the man.
(c) She alerted another man.
(d) She hid until he was finished.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Christina want Lyon to do?
2. What forced Edward to run in the journal entry?
3. What is the name of the man Christina meets at the wedding reception who recounts a story of Lyon questioning Christina's voyage?
4. What is the name of Lyon's head butler?
5. What name does Christina give to her "stepfather"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance in Lyon's mother being taken to Lyonwood?
2. Describe Jessica's reaction to her pregnancy.
3. Describe the pledge that Merry and Jessica make to each other.
4. Why is it significant that Everett does not want to take the girls to the tavern?
5. What things are most important to Christina?
6. Describe the two letters Christina receives when Lyon is in London.
7. How does Lyon respond to discovering that Christina's past involves an Indian family?
8. What is Lyon's view of Christina's marriage proposal?
9. What was the Brisbane Incident?
10. Why does Christina fear marriage?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)