|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does Jessica use to describe Patricia?
2. Why did Lyon believe that Christina had many lovers?
(a) She kissed passionately.
(b) She told him so.
(c) Her clothing style was different compared to most women.
(d) He saw her talking to many men.
3. When Lyon visits his mother and startles his sister, how does he feel?
4. Which of the following did Jessica vow to do when she escaped?
(a) Steal jewels from her husband.
(b) Report her husband to the police.
(c) Have a baby with another man.
(d) Give the peasants food.
5. Patricia tells Christina she must remain in England until ___________is taken care of.
(b) Her home.
(c) Her fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Christina's grandfather's will, who gets all his money?
2. Why does Christina get mad when Lyon says she is "quite a philosopher''?
3. According to Lyon, how did James die?
4. According to Christina, which of the following is the mark of a warrior?
5. At what time does Emmet plan to kidnap Christina?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Christina's relationship with Patricia?
2. What reference does Christina make to the "Great Spirit"?
3. How does Lyon's tone toward Christina change dramatically at Rhone's house?
4. Describe the journal entry dated August 1, 1795.
5. Describe an example from the novel of a misunderstanding between Lyon and Christina.
6. Why is Christina reluctant to submit to Lyon in any way?
7. Describe the promise made between Jessica and Merry.
8. Why is reputation a significant theme in The Lion's Lady?
9. Why doesn't Christina want to stay in England?
10. Why are the gems in Jessica's September 1st journal entry significant?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)