|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Lyon's brother?
2. What does Patricia want Emmet to do?
(a) Steal her fortune.
(b) Kidnap Christina and force her into marriage.
(c) Encourage her to consent to marriage.
(d) Make her mad at Lyon.
3. Why does Christina get mad when Lyon says she is "quite a philosopher''?
(a) She thought he meant "philanderer."
(b) She thought he meant "penniless."
(c) She thought he was using a curse word.
(d) She thought that he was telling her he didn't want to see her anymore.
4. Which of the following is the title of Christina's father?
5. How old is White Eagle when he is kidnapped?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyon say when Christina asks him if he believes in destiny?
2. Why does Lyon decide to visit Christina without requesting an audience?
3. The first journal entry Jessica wrote was about her first impression of _________.
4. What animal is Christina compared to by the woman who brings her to the tribe's camp?
5. What does Christina mean to say when she confuses Lyon with the phrase "all the laws"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the promise made between Jessica and Merry.
2. Why does Lyon dislike visiting his mother?
3. How does Christina perceive her father?
4. Does Merry foresee problems with bringing Christina back to the tribe? What does she do to prevent these problems?
5. How did Jessica compare Mylala and Patricia?
6. Why is reputation a significant theme in The Lion's Lady?
7. Describe Black Wolf's reaction to Christina's appearance at the tribe.
8. Why does Christina call Lyon a warrior?
9. What three problems does Patricia have?
10. Describe one example supporting the argument that Christina is a good-hearted person.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)