|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does Jessica use to describe Patricia?
2. In what year did the shaman of the Dakota tribe go off alone to seek a vision from the Great Spirit?
3. According to Jessica, what does Patricia feed on?
4. What is the name of the first solicitor for Christina's grandfather?
(a) Mr. Henderson.
(b) Mr. Hartford.
(c) Mr. Harris.
(d) Mr. Hendricks.
5. Patricia told Christina that she is going to the country_____________.
(a) To see her grandmother.
(b) To visit a sick friend.
(c) To go to a wedding.
(d) To find a husband for Christina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lyon compares Christina to which of the following animals?
2. According to Lyon, how did James die?
3. Patricia notes which of the following about Emmet's father?
4. Christina gets the impression that most believe her mother was ___________.
5. What word is used to introduce Christina?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reference does Christina make to the "Great Spirit"?
2. What excuse does Lyon use to get closer to Christina?
3. Describe one example supporting the argument that Christina is a good-hearted person.
4. What happens in the journal entry dated August 15, 1795?
5. What is Patricia's plan for Christina's money?
6. Why doesn't Christina want to stay in England?
7. What three problems does Patricia have?
8. Why is Christina reluctant to submit to Lyon in any way?
9. Why is Christina's virginity significant to the story?
10. Describe the promise made between Jessica and Merry.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)