|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reading the letter from the missionary, what is Christina's immediate reaction?
(a) To verify that Lyon knows of the information included in the letter.
(b) To verify her mother is still alive.
(c) To verify the letter is real.
(d) To verify that her marriage is legal.
2. What is the name of the man Christina meets at the wedding reception who recounts a story of Lyon questioning Christina's voyage?
3. What is the middle name of Christina's son?
4. When Jessica finally got to America, how did she feel?
5. In the journal entry dated October 1, 1795, why was Jessica's father unhappy to see her?
(a) Edward had just shown up and threatened him.
(b) Edward had not approved the visit.
(c) He did not like that she was pregnant.
(d) He did not know she had been married.
6. Who sends word of Jessica's whereabouts to Edward?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father's servant.
7. How were Jessica's companions killed?
(a) They were exexucted for treason.
(b) Their throats were slashed.
(c) They were shot.
(d) They were caught in a stampede.
8. Christina accompanies Lyon to the garden despite which of the following?
(b) The flu.
(c) Morning sickness.
9. Who slaps Christina?
(a) Mr. Borton.
(d) Mr. Henderson.
10. Jessica is certain that Patricia wants to take on Jessica's baby as her own for which reason?
(a) To use for labor.
(b) To sell.
(c) To convince Edward to marry her.
(d) To pass off as her own.
11. Which of the following words best describes Jessica's crossing to America?
12. Whose home does Jessica plan to visit after she leaves her father's home?
(a) Lyon's mother's.
(b) Her ex-lover's.
13. What was the name of the woman Jessica and Christina traveled with on the wagon train?
14. What is the name of the man who teaches Christina to play cards?
15. Soon after Christina and Lyon are married and return to his home, Lyon plans to leave for __________.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described in the journal entry dated October 20, 1795?
2. Where do Christina and Lyon spend most of their first married days together?
3. In 1795, where did Patricia live?
4. Why did Jessica leave the wagon train?
5. On what day is Jessica's final entry?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)