|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Christina about James' accident?
(d) Lyon's mother.
2. Where does Christina tell Elbert to put Lyon's shoes?
(a) In a closet.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) On the porch.
(d) In the woods.
3. Soon after Christina and Lyon are married and return to his home, Lyon plans to leave for __________.
(a) New York City.
4. What is the name of the man Christina meets at the wedding reception who recounts a story of Lyon questioning Christina's voyage?
5. What forced Edward to run in the journal entry?
(a) An Indian tribesman saw him.
(b) A horse neighed at him.
(c) Christina's cries.
(d) Jessica's screams.
6. What is the name of the man who is bringing charges against Rhone?
7. Christina realizes that she can only argue with Lyon when he does which of the following?
(a) Leaves her.
(b) Agrees with her.
(c) Touches her.
(d) Ignores her.
8. Where did Jessica and Merry live in the winter?
(a) A "glorious palace."
(b) A 'tiny hut."
(c) A "safe haven."
(d) A "pitiful shack."
9. The letter Christina receives from a missionary says that which of the following has happened?
(a) Her Indian family was imprisoned.
(b) Edward knows where she lives.
(c) Lyon has died.
(d) Her Indian family has died.
10. Who is Christina angry at during her wedding?
(b) Lyon's aunt.
(c) The wedding officiator.
11. When Lyon returns from the tavern, where is Christina sleeping?
(a) On the floor.
(b) In the servant's quarters.
(c) In his room.
(d) In the guest room.
12. What does Jessica discover in the journal entry dated September 7, 1795?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is wanted and will be put on trial.
(c) She will not make it to America.
(d) She has had a miscarriage.
13. How did James die?
(a) He was stabbed.
(b) He fell from a horse.
(c) He was executed for treason.
(d) He was killed by an Indian man.
14. What is the name of Lyon's mother?
15. What did Jessica do with the jewels she stole?
(a) She returned them to the peasants.
(b) She sold them.
(c) She gave them to her father.
(d) She buried them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lyon believes that the key to Christina's past is which of the following?
2. Jessica claimed to pray for __________.
3. After reading the letter from the missionary, what is Christina's immediate reaction?
4. In the letter that Christina's aunt writes to her, what does she complain about?
5. Lyon tells Richards that which of the following is enough reason for distrust of Edward?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)