|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christina tells Lyon that she needs what kind of words to prove that she remains desirable to Lyon?
(a) Strange words.
(b) Large words.
(c) Soft words.
(d) Sensual words.
2. Who says that Lyon's act of posting the announcement of his engagement to Christina is romantic?
(c) Lyon's mother.
3. Jessica is certain that Patricia wants to take on Jessica's baby as her own for which reason?
(a) To convince Edward to marry her.
(b) To pass off as her own.
(c) To use for labor.
(d) To sell.
4. Where did Jessica and Merry live in the winter?
(a) A 'tiny hut."
(b) A "glorious palace."
(c) A "pitiful shack."
(d) A "safe haven."
5. Christina realizes that she can only argue with Lyon when he does which of the following?
(a) Agrees with her.
(b) Leaves her.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Touches her.
6. Whose home does Jessica plan to visit after she leaves her father's home?
(a) Lyon's mother's.
(b) Her ex-lover's.
7. Christina says that if Lyon's mother is ready to die, what wills he do with her?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Take her to the woods.
(c) Let her rot.
(d) Take her to the hospital.
8. Lyon tells Christina that she loves him because _____________.
(a) He is smart.
(b) He is a warrior.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is romantic.
9. Why does Christina think her wedding gown is a waste?
(a) It is too expensive.
(b) It will only be worn once.
(c) It reminds her of her mother.
(d) It doesn't even fit her.
10. What is the name of the man Christina meets at the wedding reception who recounts a story of Lyon questioning Christina's voyage?
11. Where does Christina tell Elbert to put Lyon's shoes?
(a) In a closet.
(b) In the woods.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) On the porch.
12. The letter Christina receives from a missionary says that which of the following has happened?
(a) Her Indian family was imprisoned.
(b) Her Indian family has died.
(c) Edward knows where she lives.
(d) Lyon has died.
13. When Christina finally reveals the truth about her Indian family, how does Lyon claim to feel?
14. Which of the following people refused to disobey Lyon?
(d) His servants.
15. What is the name of Lyon's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who is bringing charges against Rhone?
2. If Merry was killed, what was Jessica supposed to do?
3. Who tells Christina about James' accident?
4. Lyon learns that Rhone is being charged for doing which of the following?
5. Christina accompanies Lyon to the garden despite which of the following?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)