|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Christina want Lyon to do?
(a) Read Jessica's journal.
(b) Have his own bedroom.
(c) Sleep on the floor.
(d) Get angry at Patricia.
2. On what day is Jessica's final entry?
(a) May 20.
(b) July 20.
(c) August 20.
(d) June 20.
3. Christina tells Lyon that she needs what kind of words to prove that she remains desirable to Lyon?
(a) Sensual words.
(b) Large words.
(c) Strange words.
(d) Soft words.
4. What joke does Christina make about pets?
(a) She once ate a dog.
(b) She one ate a cat.
(c) She once owned a lion.
(d) She once owned a turtle.
5. When Lyon returns from the tavern, where is Christina sleeping?
(a) On the floor.
(b) In the servant's quarters.
(c) In his room.
(d) In the guest room.
6. Christina questions Lyon's feelings for which of the following people when they ride in the open buggy?
(a) His dead wife.
(b) His father.
7. Who arrests Edward?
(a) Sir Richmond.
(b) Sir Richards.
(c) Sir Edwards.
(d) Sir Edmond.
8. For what does Patricia continually berate Jessica?
(a) Getting pregnant.
(b) Burying jewels.
(c) Leaving Edward.
(d) Coming to America.
9. How old was Christina when Jessica left Patricia's home?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
10. What new pet does Diana get?
(a) A horse.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A hamster.
11. What card game does Christina learn to play at the tavern?
(b) Gin rummy.
(d) Crazy Eights.
12. How did James die?
(a) He was stabbed.
(b) He was executed for treason.
(c) He was killed by an Indian man.
(d) He fell from a horse.
13. In the journal entry dated October 1, 1795, why was Jessica's father unhappy to see her?
(a) He did not like that she was pregnant.
(b) Edward had just shown up and threatened him.
(c) He did not know she had been married.
(d) Edward had not approved the visit.
14. Jessica and Merry make a pledge regarding ____________.
(a) Jacob and Emily.
(b) Their children.
15. Jessica is certain that Patricia wants to take on Jessica's baby as her own for which reason?
(a) To use for labor.
(b) To pass off as her own.
(c) To sell.
(d) To convince Edward to marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The journal entry dated October 11, 1795, is Jessica's narration of ______________.
2. Why does Christina think her wedding gown is a waste?
3. How does Christina feel during her wedding?
4. Who tells Christina about James' accident?
5. Lyon believes that the key to Christina's past is which of the following?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)