|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who is bringing charges against Rhone?
2. How does Christina feel during her wedding?
3. Soon after Christina and Lyon are married and return to his home, Lyon plans to leave for __________.
(a) New York City.
4. Christina accompanies Lyon to the garden despite which of the following?
(a) Morning sickness.
(d) The flu.
5. What name does Christina give to her "stepfather"?
6. When the entire family sits down for dinner at Lyonwood, how does Lyon feel?
7. Christina realizes that she can only argue with Lyon when he does which of the following?
(a) Agrees with her.
(b) Leaves her.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Touches her.
8. What joke does Christina make about pets?
(a) She one ate a cat.
(b) She once ate a dog.
(c) She once owned a lion.
(d) She once owned a turtle.
9. Where does Christina prefer to sleep?
(a) On the floor.
(b) On a hard bed.
(c) On a soft bed.
(d) In a chair.
10. After reading the letter from the missionary, what is Christina's immediate reaction?
(a) To verify that her marriage is legal.
(b) To verify that Lyon knows of the information included in the letter.
(c) To verify her mother is still alive.
(d) To verify the letter is real.
11. What is the name of Patricia's husband when Jessica visits her?
12. What is described in the journal entry dated October 20, 1795?
(a) Edward tried to kill Christina.
(b) Edward killed the others on the wagon train.
(c) Edward stole the gems.
(d) Jessica met Merry.
13. Christina tells Lyon that she needs what kind of words to prove that she remains desirable to Lyon?
(a) Strange words.
(b) Sensual words.
(c) Large words.
(d) Soft words.
14. Lyon's aunt urges Christina to talk to Lyon about which of the following?
15. What does Jessica discover in the journal entry dated September 7, 1795?
(a) She is wanted and will be put on trial.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She has had a miscarriage.
(d) She will not make it to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes Christina's skills at cards after learning at the tavern?
2. What is the name of the man Christina meets at the wedding reception who recounts a story of Lyon questioning Christina's voyage?
3. If Merry was killed, what was Jessica supposed to do?
4. What was the name of the man Jessica and Christina traveled with on the wagon train?
5. The letter Christina receives from a missionary says that which of the following has happened?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)