|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forced Edward to run in the journal entry?
(a) Jessica's screams.
(b) An Indian tribesman saw him.
(c) Christina's cries.
(d) A horse neighed at him.
2. When Lyon and Christina kiss, who yells at them to open the door?
(b) Lyon's aunt.
3. What is the name of Diana's driver?
4. What does Jessica discover in the journal entry dated September 7, 1795?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She will not make it to America.
(c) She is wanted and will be put on trial.
(d) She has had a miscarriage.
5. When Lyon returns from the tavern, where is Christina sleeping?
(a) In the guest room.
(b) On the floor.
(c) In the servant's quarters.
(d) In his room.
6. Who is Christina angry at during her wedding?
(b) Lyon's aunt.
(d) The wedding officiator.
7. What new pet does Diana get?
(a) A cat.
(b) A horse.
(c) A hamster.
(d) A dog.
8. Who arrests Edward?
(a) Sir Richmond.
(b) Sir Edmond.
(c) Sir Edwards.
(d) Sir Richards.
9. How do Lyon's servants feel about Christina when she meets them?
(a) She intrigues them.
(b) They find her to be extremely intelligent.
(c) She annoys them.
(d) She captivates their loyalty.
10. For what does Patricia continually berate Jessica?
(a) Burying jewels.
(b) Leaving Edward.
(c) Getting pregnant.
(d) Coming to America.
11. What is the name of the man who is bringing charges against Rhone?
12. In the letter that Christina's aunt writes to her, what does she complain about?
(a) Not being able to pay for food.
(b) Not finding a new man.
(c) Not being able to buy new clothes.
(d) Never getting invited to parties.
13. Christina tells Edward he can have the items in the box she is holding. What does the box contain?
(a) Real gems.
(b) Fake gems.
14. Christina realizes that she can only argue with Lyon when he does which of the following?
(a) Agrees with her.
(b) Ignores her.
(c) Touches her.
(d) Leaves her.
15. Whom do Christina and Lyon plan to trap?
(a) Lyon's father.
(b) Jessica's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Jessica's crossing to America?
2. If Merry was killed, what was Jessica supposed to do?
3. After reading the letter from the missionary, what is Christina's immediate reaction?
4. On what day is Jessica's final entry?
5. Christina tells Lyon that she needs what kind of words to prove that she remains desirable to Lyon?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)