|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the scenario in which a man named Brisbane was facing charges for treason?
(a) Brisbane Trial.
(b) Brisbane Murder.
(c) Brisbane Incident.
(d) Brisbane Execution.
2. How do Lyon's servants feel about Christina when she meets them?
(a) She intrigues them.
(b) She captivates their loyalty.
(c) She annoys them.
(d) They find her to be extremely intelligent.
3. Christina questions Lyon's feelings for which of the following people when they ride in the open buggy?
(c) His father.
(d) His dead wife.
4. What did Jessica do with the jewels she stole?
(a) She sold them.
(b) She buried them.
(c) She returned them to the peasants.
(d) She gave them to her father.
5. Who says that Lyon's act of posting the announcement of his engagement to Christina is romantic?
(b) Lyon's mother.
6. When Christina finally reveals the truth about her Indian family, how does Lyon claim to feel?
7. For what does Patricia continually berate Jessica?
(a) Coming to America.
(b) Getting pregnant.
(c) Burying jewels.
(d) Leaving Edward.
8. The journal entry dated October 11, 1795, is Jessica's narration of ______________.
(a) Giving birth to Christina.
(b) Meeting a friendly Indian tribe.
(c) Leaving Boston.
(d) Marrying Edward.
9. How were Jessica's companions killed?
(a) They were shot.
(b) They were exexucted for treason.
(c) They were caught in a stampede.
(d) Their throats were slashed.
10. Christina says that if Lyon's mother is ready to die, what wills he do with her?
(a) Take her to the woods.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Let her rot.
(d) Take her to the hospital.
11. Whom do Christina and Lyon plan to trap?
(b) Jessica's father.
(c) Lyon's father.
12. In 1795, where did Patricia live?
(a) New York City.
13. Which of the following words best describes Jessica's crossing to America?
14. In the letter that Christina's aunt writes to her, what does she complain about?
(a) Not being able to buy new clothes.
(b) Not finding a new man.
(c) Never getting invited to parties.
(d) Not being able to pay for food.
15. What is the name of Diana's driver?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christina feel during her wedding?
2. The letter Christina receives from a missionary says that which of the following has happened?
3. What is the name of the man Christina meets at the wedding reception who recounts a story of Lyon questioning Christina's voyage?
4. Where does Christina prefer to sleep?
5. When Lyon and Christina kiss, who yells at them to open the door?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)