|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lyon learns that Rhone is being charged for doing which of the following?
2. What is the name of the man Christina meets at the wedding reception who recounts a story of Lyon questioning Christina's voyage?
3. The journal entry dated October 11, 1795, is Jessica's narration of ______________.
(a) Marrying Edward.
(b) Leaving Boston.
(c) Giving birth to Christina.
(d) Meeting a friendly Indian tribe.
4. What did Edward say about Jessica?
(a) She was not a good mother.
(b) She was beautiful.
(c) She was not weak minded.
(d) She was not brave.
5. How do Lyon's servants feel about Christina when she meets them?
(a) She annoys them.
(b) They find her to be extremely intelligent.
(c) She intrigues them.
(d) She captivates their loyalty.
6. What is the name of the man Lyon believes to be a key to Christina's past?
7. In the journal entry dated October 1, 1795, why was Jessica's father unhappy to see her?
(a) Edward had just shown up and threatened him.
(b) He did not like that she was pregnant.
(c) He did not know she had been married.
(d) Edward had not approved the visit.
8. What is the name of Lyon's head butler?
9. What was the name of the woman Jessica and Christina traveled with on the wagon train?
10. On what day is Jessica's final entry?
(a) August 20.
(b) June 20.
(c) May 20.
(d) July 20.
11. What did Jessica do when she saw a man beating a child, according to her journal entry?
(a) She stabbed the man.
(b) She alerted another man.
(c) She shot the man.
(d) She hid until he was finished.
12. What is the middle name of Christina's son?
13. Where do Christina and Lyon spend most of their first married days together?
(a) In the lake.
(b) Visiting family members.
(d) In the library.
14. If Merry was killed, what was Jessica supposed to do?
(a) Take Merry's son to the tribe.
(b) Go back to Edward.
(c) Hide with the children in a village.
(d) Kill Edward.
15. How were Jessica's companions killed?
(a) They were shot.
(b) They were exexucted for treason.
(c) Their throats were slashed.
(d) They were caught in a stampede.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jessica discover in the journal entry dated September 7, 1795?
2. Jessica and Merry make a pledge regarding ____________.
3. Who says that Lyon's act of posting the announcement of his engagement to Christina is romantic?
4. What did Jessica do with the jewels she stole?
5. In 1795, where did Patricia live?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)