|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Lyon's mother?
2. Who slaps Christina?
(b) Mr. Borton.
(c) Mr. Henderson.
3. The letter Christina receives from a missionary says that which of the following has happened?
(a) Her Indian family was imprisoned.
(b) Edward knows where she lives.
(c) Lyon has died.
(d) Her Indian family has died.
4. If Merry was killed, what was Jessica supposed to do?
(a) Hide with the children in a village.
(b) Take Merry's son to the tribe.
(c) Kill Edward.
(d) Go back to Edward.
5. Lyon believes that the key to Christina's past is which of the following?
(a) A priest.
(b) A friend of her father's.
(c) An Indian man who recently showed up.
(d) A missionary.
6. Where do Christina and Lyon spend most of their first married days together?
(a) Visiting family members.
(b) In the lake.
(d) In the library.
7. Where did Jessica and Merry live in the winter?
(a) A "safe haven."
(b) A "pitiful shack."
(c) A "glorious palace."
(d) A 'tiny hut."
8. Where does Christina tell Elbert to put Lyon's shoes?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In a closet.
(c) On the porch.
(d) Under the bed.
9. Which of the following people refused to disobey Lyon?
(b) His servants.
10. What is the name of the man Christina meets at the wedding reception who recounts a story of Lyon questioning Christina's voyage?
11. In the letter that Christina's aunt writes to her, what does she complain about?
(a) Not being able to pay for food.
(b) Not being able to buy new clothes.
(c) Not finding a new man.
(d) Never getting invited to parties.
12. Who tells Christina about James' accident?
(d) Lyon's mother.
13. How did James die?
(a) He was executed for treason.
(b) He was stabbed.
(c) He was killed by an Indian man.
(d) He fell from a horse.
14. How do Edward's admissions make Christina feel?
15. What is the name of Diana's driver?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day is Jessica's final entry?
2. How were Jessica's companions killed?
3. For what does Patricia continually berate Jessica?
4. After the reception when Lyon attempts to question Christina about her life, how does she respond?
5. Which of the following describes Christina's skills at cards after learning at the tavern?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)