|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does Jessica use to describe Patricia?
2. Which word describes the living conditions for the people of Edward's kingdom?
3. What is the name of the second solicitor for Christina's grandfather?
(a) Mr. Boston.
(b) Mr. Borchard.
(c) Mr. Brennan.
(d) Mr. Borton.
4. What does Patricia want Emmet to do?
(a) Make her mad at Lyon.
(b) Steal her fortune.
(c) Encourage her to consent to marriage.
(d) Kidnap Christina and force her into marriage.
5. Christina claimed that she did not tell Lyon she was a virgin for what reason?
(a) He would not have believed her.
(b) He would be cruel to her.
(c) He would avoid her.
(d) He would not want her.
6. When the fight has ended, Christina is afraid of ____________.
7. Why does Rhone commit illegal activities?
(a) His father was in danger.
(b) His father paid him to commit the acts.
(c) His father was angry with him.
(d) His father had been cheated at cards.
8. What does Christina use to attack Rhone?
9. Christina says that Patricia deserves respect for what reason?
(a) Her gender.
(b) Her age.
(c) Her kindness.
(d) Her social status.
10. A woman at the party which Lyon and Christina attend arranges a private moment with Christina in the ________.
(d) Dressing room.
11. Who gets angry when lawyers want to talk to Christina alone?
12. What euphemism does Christina use to say that she will not have sexual intercourse with Lyon until they are married?
(a) Exchange clothing.
(b) Share a blanket.
(d) Share pillows.
13. According to Patricia, why won't Lyon be a good husband for Christina?
(a) He is too shrewd.
(b) He is unattractive.
(c) He likes to gamble and drink.
(d) He is too poor.
14. What does Lyon's mother constantly talk about?
(a) Lyon's lack of a wife.
(b) Christina and Patricia.
(d) Lyon's dangerous job.
15. To what lengths does Christina believe her father will go to get money?
(a) Kidnap her and force her into marriage.
(b) Hide her away.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of the woman who confronts Lyon at the party to him?
2. On what day of the week is the party which Lyon and Christina attend?
3. Christina makes mention of which type of animal that later causes Lyon to wonder where she has ever seen one?
4. In what year does the Marquess of Lyonwood arrive home to find his wife having serious trouble during labor?
5. What happens on the journal entry dated October 12, 1795?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)