|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christina says that Patricia deserves respect for what reason?
(a) Her social status.
(b) Her gender.
(c) Her age.
(d) Her kindness.
2. What is the name of the wife of the Marquess of Lyonwood?
3. Patricia notes which of the following about Emmet's father?
(a) He was greedy.
(b) He was a good man.
(c) He was a pastor.
(d) He was once her lover.
4. What euphemism does Christina use to say that she will not have sexual intercourse with Lyon until they are married?
(a) Share a blanket.
(c) Exchange clothing.
(d) Share pillows.
5. Which of the following does Christina call Lyon soon after they meet?
6. Who gets angry when lawyers want to talk to Christina alone?
7. Christina leads Lyon to believe that she was raised in ___________.
(c) New York.
8. What is the name of the second solicitor for Christina's grandfather?
(a) Mr. Brennan.
(b) Mr. Borchard.
(c) Mr. Borton.
(d) Mr. Boston.
9. What does Lyon's mother constantly talk about?
(a) Christina and Patricia.
(b) Lyon's dangerous job.
(d) Lyon's lack of a wife.
10. Christina says she won't be in England long enough to care about which of the following?
(a) Her life.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her home.
(d) Her reputation.
11. Why did Lyon believe that Christina had many lovers?
(a) He saw her talking to many men.
(b) She told him so.
(c) She kissed passionately.
(d) Her clothing style was different compared to most women.
12. The first journal entry Jessica wrote was about her first impression of _________.
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her new husband.
(d) Her father.
13. In the journal entry dated September 1, 1795, Jessica found her husband with a large number of _______.
(d) Dollar bills.
14. How old is White Eagle when he is kidnapped?
15. Why does Christina get mad when Lyon says she is "quite a philosopher''?
(a) She thought he meant "philanderer."
(b) She thought he meant "penniless."
(c) She thought that he was telling her he didn't want to see her anymore.
(d) She thought he was using a curse word.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christina know that her father is dangerous?
2. What part of Christina does Patricia feel she needs to eliminate?
3. According to Christina, which of the following is the mark of a warrior?
4. In Jessica's account about Edward's kindness, who is he kind to?
5. Which of the following did Jessica vow to do when she escaped?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)