|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Lyon's friend who is a guest at Lord Carlson's with Lyon?
2. Christina told her brother that she wants a husband just like ___________.
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her uncle.
3. What age did Jessica turn before leaving England?
4. When Christina asks Lyon to marry her, what condition does she put on the relationship?
(a) They will be together forever.
(b) They cannot live together.
(c) They cannot have children.
(d) They will only marry for awhile.
5. When Lyon visits his mother and startles his sister, how does he feel?
6. Christina leads Lyon to believe that she was raised in ___________.
(b) New York.
7. What is the name of the sailor who says he remembers Patricia?
8. What euphemism does Christina use to say that she will not have sexual intercourse with Lyon until they are married?
(a) Share pillows.
(b) Exchange clothing.
(c) Share a blanket.
9. What is the name of the second solicitor for Christina's grandfather?
(a) Mr. Brennan.
(b) Mr. Boston.
(c) Mr. Borton.
(d) Mr. Borchard.
10. In what year does the Marquess of Lyonwood arrive home to find his wife having serious trouble during labor?
11. How is Patricia related to Christina?
(a) Patricia is her sister.
(b) Patricia is her cousin.
(c) Ptrcia is her mother.
(d) Patricia is her aunt.
12. Christina claimed that she did not tell Lyon she was a virgin for what reason?
(a) He would avoid her.
(b) He would not want her.
(c) He would not have believed her.
(d) He would be cruel to her.
13. Why does Christina get mad when Lyon says she is "quite a philosopher''?
(a) She thought he meant "penniless."
(b) She thought he was using a curse word.
(c) She thought that he was telling her he didn't want to see her anymore.
(d) She thought he meant "philanderer."
14. Who gets angry when lawyers want to talk to Christina alone?
15. In what year did the shaman of the Dakota tribe go off alone to seek a vision from the Great Spirit?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Christina's grandfather's will, who gets all his money?
2. What does Lyon say when Christina asks him if he believes in destiny?
3. In Jessica's account about Edward's kindness, who is he kind to?
4. Christina says that Patricia deserves respect for what reason?
5. What is the name of Lyon's brother?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)