|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Sir Maurice say he is worth?
2. What is Treat drinking during his lunch with Nick, Brad, and Wani?
3. Who does Nick catch coming out of the same room as Wani during the Feddens' anniversary party?
4. What does Nick take out of Wani's luggage?
5. Who owns the manor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rachel so upset with Nick?
2. What does Jonty Stafford tell Catherine about the Hotel Diocletian?
3. What is on the cover of the premiere issue of Ogee?
4. How does Nick think it is best to deal with Catherine when she is on an "up curve"?
5. Why does Nick suggest that he has helped make the restaurant Gusto a success?
6. What does Penny document in her diary?
7. What is Wobbly Thursday?
8. What do Gerald and Jasper do in the fumoir?
9. What does Wani say he is having a feature on in the premiere issue of Ogee?
10. According to Catherine, what is Gerald's view of his constituents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The novel opens with a quote from Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. Why has the author selected this quote? What parallels can you draw between Nick and Alice? Has Nick outgrown the world of the Feddens? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
One of the concepts of the "line of beauty" is the ogee arch. Explain the symbolism of the ogee and find examples of when this image appears in the text. What does the ogee mean to Nick? What about the Ogee company? How does its curve reflect the highs and lows of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the politics at play in the novel. It is the time of the "Tory Revolution." Explain the effects that politics have on the plot.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)