Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is prize for the welly-whanging champion?
2. Where has Wani been while he has been away from London?
3. What doesn't Wani tell Nick he has bought?
4. What does M. Mitterand say is the "supreme political virtue"?
5. What is Elena's first impression of Nick?
Essay Topic 1
Nick's last name "Guest" symbolizes his role as an outsider who is allowed to visit momentarily and precariously in the world of the more socially advanced. Using examples from the text, explain how Nick is considered a "guest" by other characters. How does his room's location in the Fedden household further symbolize his relationship to the family?
Essay Topic 2
Is Nick a hero or an unreliable narrator? Does the reader have sympathy for him as a character? Explain why or why not using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
The context of the novel is Great Britain in the 1980s. How would the plot be different if it took place in another time period? Why is this time period necessary to reveal subtleties of plot --AIDS scare, economics, politics, etc.?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)