Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is prize for the welly-whanging champion?
2. Where has Wani been while he has been away from London?
3. What doesn't Wani tell Nick he has bought?
4. What does M. Mitterand say is the "supreme political virtue"?
5. What is Elena's first impression of Nick?
Deconstruct the concept of the "line of beauty". Find examples of when this term is used and explain all of the different meanings the "line of beauty" has throughout the text.
One of the concepts of the "line of beauty" is the ogee arch. Explain the symbolism of the ogee and find examples of when this image appears in the text. What does the ogee mean to Nick? What about the Ogee company? How does its curve reflect the highs and lows of the plot?
Nick is surrounded by many people who love "things more than people". Using examples in the text, explain how the snobbishness of the wealthy puts a heavy value on possessions over relationships. How do the characters relate to their possessions? How does this compare to how they relate to each other?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)