|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only one in the house excited about the Tippers' arrival?
2. What does M. Mitterand say is the "supreme political virtue"?
3. Who does Nick catch coming out of the same room as Wani during the Feddens' anniversary party?
(d) Polly Tompkins.
4. When Nick and Toby spend the afternoon together, what does Toby bring out by the pool?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A camera.
(c) A record player.
(d) A rowing machine.
5. After waiting at Kensington Park Gardens for Gerald, where does Catherine make Nick drive her to?
(a) Russell's apartment.
(b) St. Paul's Cathedral.
(c) Badger's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick take out of Wani's luggage?
2. What does Wani offer to give Nick in his will?
3. What does Treat want to try for lunch?
4. Why is the mayor insulted by Gerald?
5. What party's candidate does Nick vote for in the election?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Catherine, what is Gerald's view of his constituents?
2. Who is Javier?
3. What does Penny document in her diary?
4. What does Nick fear most after reading the Edelman book?
5. What is on Abbots' Field?
6. What does Jonty Stafford tell Catherine about the Hotel Diocletian?
7. What does the Gauguin painting "Le Matin aux Champs" represent, according to Catherine?
8. Describe the game of welly-whanging.
9. Why is Rachel so upset with Nick?
10. How does Barry Groom react to his meeting with the Prime Minister?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)