|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Gerald in the the most recent photo hanging on the Feddens' wall?
(b) The Prime Minister.
(d) Nick's mother.
2. What is Elena's first impression of Nick?
(a) That he was no good.
(b) That he was good luck.
(c) That he was very trustworthy.
(d) That he was sneaky.
3. What party's candidate does Nick vote for in the election?
(a) The Labour candidate.
(b) The Conservative candidate.
(c) The Alliance candidate.
(d) The Green candidate.
4. Why is the mayor insulted by Gerald?
(a) He makes a pass at her.
(b) He offers her a bottle of wine.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) He curses in front of her.
5. What is prize for the welly-whanging champion?
(a) One hundred pounds.
(b) A blue ribbon.
(c) A cow.
(d) A pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. What anniversary are the Feddens celebrating?
2. What does Treat want to try for lunch?
3. What does Gerald win at the tombola table?
4. What is Lionel's excuse for not having the anniversary party at Hawkeswood?
5. Who is with Nick in the photo that hangs in his bathroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the game of welly-whanging.
2. How does Barry Groom react to his meeting with the Prime Minister?
3. What is on Abbots' Field?
4. How is Lionel able to get in the house without alerting the press?
5. What does the Gauguin painting "Le Matin aux Champs" represent, according to Catherine?
6. According to Catherine, what is Gerald's view of his constituents?
7. What is mistakenly believed about Market Hall in Barwick?
8. What do Gerald and Jasper do in the fumoir?
9. How does the news of the affair between Gerald and Penny break in the media?
10. Why is Rachel so upset with Nick?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)