|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the book about the election that Nick looks through in the bookstore?
(b) Times of Change.
(d) Mordant Analysis.
2. What does Toby's girlfriend Sophie do for a living?
(a) She is an architect.
(b) She is an actress.
(c) She plays the piano.
(d) She is a teacher.
3. What business is Lord Toft in?
(a) Road construction.
(c) Art dealing.
(d) Investments and bonds.
4. What does the English Department at UCL used to be?
(a) A cigar factory.
(b) A mattress factory.
(c) A brewery.
(d) An arsenal.
5. How are Lord Kessler and Rachel related?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her father.
(c) He is her brother.
(d) He is her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sam Zeman work?
2. Where does the line that Nick quotes about baldness come from?
3. What does cocaine symbolize as portrayed in the film that Nick and Leo go to see?
4. Who paints the original of the reproduction painting in the Charles home?
5. What is Wani's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Toby say has been Sophie's father's most famous remark?
2. What does Nick think of Norman Kent's weeping during the piano performance?
3. Why does Nick name the company Ogee?
4. Why is Leo growing a beard?
5. What does Mrs. Charles pray for?
6. What acting experience has Sophie had?
7. Why does Nick want to go to Highgate Village?
8. What is so scadalous about Toby's job?
9. Who is Norman Kent?
10. What does Leo's mother think about his relationship with Pete?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)