|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose shirt is Leo wearing when he meets Nick for the first time?
(a) His father's.
(b) His mother's.
(c) His sister's.
(d) His ex-boyfriend's.
2. What famous person once stayed at Hawkeswood?
(a) Mme de Pompadour.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(d) Henry James.
3. What does John Timms want to see revived?
(a) Giving alms to the poor.
(b) Public executions.
(c) Dancing around a May-pole.
(d) Trafalgar Day celebrations.
4. What is Rosemary's job?
(a) A real estate agent.
(b) A chef.
(c) A doctor's receptionist.
(d) A secretary for a barrister.
5. What artist paints the landscape that Lionel gives to Rachel and Gerald?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the mayor insulted by Gerald?
2. What disturbs Catherine about Leo's letter?
3. What is the title of the book about the election that Nick looks through in the bookstore?
4. Who does Mrs. Charles encourage Nick to meet?
5. How are Lord Kessler and Rachel related?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)