|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Fedden's handyman?
(a) Mr. Feingold.
(d) Mr. Duke.
2. How has Lord Kessler made his fortune?
(a) From being a writer.
(b) From owning grocery stores.
(c) From banking.
(d) From selling antiques.
3. Whose bust is on top of the Fedden's piano?
4. What animal is on the emblem of the Périgueux delicatessen?
(a) A blue goose.
(b) A blue rabbit.
(c) A red goose.
(d) A red horse.
5. What does Catherine do to amuse Nick when they are drinking?
(a) Make funny faces.
(b) Draw caricatures.
(c) Sing songs in broken French.
(d) Impersonate her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as a "mordant analyst"?
2. What is the title of the book about the election that Nick looks through in the bookstore?
3. What is the Fedden's gift for Nick?
4. What color does Catherine say represents being "down in the dumps"?
5. Where do Nick and Leo go to be alone?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)