|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the encounter between Grace and Isabel that has led to Grace's regression in Part Three: Chapter 31?
2. Who suggests to Hannah that maybe she should take Grace to see Isabel in Part Three: Chapter 29?
3. What toys does Grace play with and give names to in Part Three: Chapter 31?
4. What does Hannah throw at Sergeant Knuckey in Part Three: Chapter 35?
5. When does Sergeant Knuckey say Isabel made her confession when he speaks with Hannah in Part Three: Chapter 35?
Short Essay Questions
1. What betrayal does Gwen commit in Part Three: Chapter 31? Why?
2. What betrayal does Isabel commit in Part Two: Chapter 26? Why?
3. How does Hannah respond to Grace's game with her dolls in Part Three: Chapter 28? Why?
4. How does Bill Graysmark respond when he arrives at the police station in Part Two: Chapter 25?
5. How is the reunion of Hannah and Grace described in Part Two: Chapter 26?
6. What exchange takes place between Bluey and Tom in Part Three: Chapter 28?
7. What exchange takes place between Tom and Ralph at the jail in Part Three: Chapter 29?
8. What kind of pet does Lucy ask for in Part Two: Chapter 22? Why?
9. Where does Lucy go when she wanders off in Part Two: Chapter 22? How does Tom find her?
10. What causes the argument between Tom and Isabel in Part Two: Chapter 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of family in The Light Between Oceans. How would you describe Tom's family? How would you describe Hannah's family? How do these families compare with Isabel's family?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the characters of Sergeant Knuckey and Sergeant Spragg in the novel. How do each of these officers perceive Tom and Isabel? How do they treat Tom and Isabel? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the characters of Hannah and Franz Roennfeldt in The Light Between Oceans. What led to Franz's disappearance with Grace? How has this disappearance affected Hannah? How does Hannah respond when her daughter is located?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)