|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the drawing of that Grace packs in her satchel when she runs away in Part Three: Chapter 33?
(a) Mamma and Dadda and Lucy by the lighthouse.
(b) Mamma and Dadda by a Christmas tree.
(c) Her kitten and her grandparents on the beach.
(d) The lighthouse burning in flames.
2. Who suggests to Hannah that maybe she should take Grace to see Isabel in Part Three: Chapter 29?
3. What does Isabel claim regarding Franz Roennfeldt at the police station in Part Three: Chapter 35?
(a) She claims he was dead when the boat washed up.
(b) She claims that Franz was not on the boat when it arrived with Lucy.
(c) She claims that Tom murdered Franz after he arrived on the island.
(d) She claims that she murdered Franz in self-defense.
4. When is the letter dated that Tom has received from his father in Part Two: Chapter 20?
(a) October 16, 1915.
(b) December 16, 1918.
(c) January 18, 1929.
(d) September 28, 1893.
5. How old is Lucy when Tom is arrested?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reward listed on the poster that has a photograph of evidence on it in Part Two: Chapter 23?
2. What is Sergeant Knuckey's first name?
3. What is the name of the cat that patrols the home of the Graymarks?
4. Who is with Tom when he returns to the Graysmarks' home in Part Two: Chapter 22?
5. What message does Tom ask Bluey to relate to Isabel in Part Three: Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation takes place between Tom and Ralph in Part Two: Chapter 20?
2. What causes the argument between Tom and Isabel in Part Two: Chapter 22?
3. What is revealed in Tom's letter to Isabel in Part Three: Chapter 34?
4. What kind of pet does Lucy ask for in Part Two: Chapter 22? Why?
5. Who attempts to handcuff Tom in Part Three: Chapter 25? Why is he stopped from doing so?
6. From whom does Tom receive a letter in Part Two: Chapter 19? What is revealed in the letter?
7. How does Hannah respond to Grace's game with her dolls in Part Three: Chapter 28? Why?
8. What betrayal does Gwen commit in Part Three: Chapter 31? Why?
9. What does Bluey question Tom about during his visit in Part Two: Chapter 19? Why?
10. Where does Lucy go in Part Three: Chapter 33? Why?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)