|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Darnley tell she believes that Hannah has gone insane in Part Three: Chapter 25?
(a) Mr. Knuckey.
(b) Ralph Addicott.
(c) Mr. Spragg.
(d) Mr. Kelly.
2. What was the name of Tom's father?
3. What toys does Grace play with and give names to in Part Three: Chapter 31?
(d) Stuffed animals.
4. What is Isabel's response when Sergeant Knuckey asks her in Part Three: Chapter 26, "According to Tom, Frank Rosennfeldt was dead when the boat washed up. Is that true?"
(a) "I've got nothing to say."
(b) "It is not true."
(c) "It is true."
(d) "I wasn't present to see."
5. What does Hannah cook for dinner that Grace throws up in Part Three: Chapter 28?
(a) Roast beef.
(b) Chicken soup.
(c) Rabbit soup.
(d) Roast duck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Grace ultimately give to the kitten that Hannah gives her in Part Three: Chapter 29?
2. What message does Tom ask Bluey to relate to Isabel in Part Three: Chapter 28?
3. What object of Lucy's does Tom keep in his pocket in the jail cell in Part Three: Chapter 25?
4. How old was Isabel when she recalls being on a runaway horse in Part Three: Chapter 28?
5. What is Bluey's real first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hannah discover in her letterbox in Part Two: Chapter 23? How does she respond?
2. How does Hannah respond to the pretend game Grace plays with the clothespins in Part Three: Chapter 31?
3. What does Bluey question Tom about during his visit in Part Two: Chapter 19? Why?
4. What is significant about the encounter between Tom and Hannah in Part Two: Chapter 21?
5. What kind of pet does Lucy ask for in Part Two: Chapter 22? Why?
6. How is the reunion of Hannah and Grace described in Part Two: Chapter 26?
7. How does Hannah respond to Grace's game with her dolls in Part Three: Chapter 28? Why?
8. What conversation takes place between Tom and Ralph in Part Two: Chapter 20?
9. How is the encounter between Isabel and Grace/Lucy described in Part Three: Chapter 30?
10. Where does Lucy go when she wanders off in Part Two: Chapter 22? How does Tom find her?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)