|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Biblical story does Hannah consider after Sergeant Knuckey has left in Part Three: Chapter 35?
(a) The story of Cain and Abel.
(b) The story of Mary Magdeline.
(c) The story of Job.
(d) The story of Abraham and Isaac.
2. What is Bluey's real first name?
3. What is the name of the cat that patrols the home of the Graymarks?
(a) Tabatha Tabby.
4. At what time does Hannah hear the hinges of the letterbox in Part Two: Chapter 23?
(a) 4:00 a.m.
(b) 2:00 a.m.
(c) 1:00 a.m.
(d) 3:00 a.m.
5. What object is sent to Tom that once belonged to his mother in Part Two: Chapter 20?
(a) A ring.
(b) A painting.
(c) A locket.
(d) A bassinet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bluey's brother who died?
2. What is the name of Tom's mother?
3. Who does Mrs. Darnley tell she believes that Hannah has gone insane in Part Three: Chapter 25?
4. Who has recognized the evidence from the photograph on the reward posters in Part Two: Chapter 23?
5. Where was the encounter between Grace and Isabel that has led to Grace's regression in Part Three: Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bluey question Tom about during his visit in Part Two: Chapter 19? Why?
2. What happens when Lucy and Isabel arrive at the police station in Part Two: Chapter 25?
3. What kind of pet does Lucy ask for in Part Two: Chapter 22? Why?
4. Why is Bluey arguing with his mother in Part Three: Chapter 28?
5. How is the reunion of Hannah and Grace described in Part Two: Chapter 26?
6. What do Isabel and Ralph discuss in Part Three: Chapter 34?
7. What causes the argument between Tom and Isabel in Part Two: Chapter 22?
8. How does Bill Graysmark respond when he arrives at the police station in Part Two: Chapter 25?
9. What betrayal does Isabel commit in Part Two: Chapter 26? Why?
10. How does Hannah respond to the pretend game Grace plays with the clothespins in Part Three: Chapter 31?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)