|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall did Septimus Potts grow to be?
2. What fairy tale does Tom read to Lucy after reading the lighthouse keeper's rulebook in Part Two: Chapter 13?
(b) Sleeping Beauty.
(c) Snow White.
(d) The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
3. What plant has Isabel just planted by a grave in the Prologue?
(a) A rosebush.
(b) A rosemary bush.
(c) A cactus.
(d) An almond tree.
4. What is Tom's last name?
5. Where did Trimble Docherty commit suicide?
(a) Janus Rock.
(d) Byron Bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long will it be until Tom and Isabel are granted shore leave in Part One: Chapter 7?
2. What year is it when Part One: Chapter 7 begins?
3. What does Tom wrap the dead man's body in before burying it in Part Two: Chapter 11?
4. What does Isabel name the lagoon in Part One: Chapter 7?
5. What is the name of Isabel's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is related of Point Partageuse's history in Part One: Chapter 2?
2. How does Tom travel to Janus Rock in Part One: Chapter 3? Who accompanies him?
3. What is related of Septimus Potts's childhood in Part Two: Chapter 16?
4. Who sends Tom a letter in Part One: Chapter 4? How does he respond?
5. What are Isabel's impressions of Janus Rock when she arrives in Part One: Chapter 7?
6. What information do Tom and Isabel relate about Lucy to family and friends in Part Two: Chapter 12?
7. What does Tom discover on the dinghy before he sends it off to sea in Part Two: Chapter 11? Why is this significant?
8. What would you describe as the major difference between Tom and Isabel in the novel?
9. What is revealed in the letter that Hannah receives in Part Two: Chapter 16?
10. How would you describe Tom's commitment to his job as a lighthouse keeper?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)