|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the kitten that Hannah gets for Grace in Part Three: Chapter 29?
(c) Gray and white.
(d) Black and white.
2. Where did Hannah go to school?
3. What toys does Grace play with and give names to in Part Three: Chapter 31?
(d) Stuffed animals.
4. Who is with Tom when he returns to the Graysmarks' home in Part Two: Chapter 22?
5. Why is Tom taken from his cell by Sergeant Knuckey in the beginning of Part Three: Chapter 35?
(a) Because he is being hanged.
(b) Because he is being taken to trial.
(c) Because the building is on fire.
(d) Because his cell is flooding.
6. Where does Hannah say Grace has gone with her grandfather in Part Three: Chapter 35?
(a) To church.
(b) To the river.
(c) To the park.
(d) To the museum.
7. Where does Sergeant Knuckey tell Tom he will be taken after his committal hearing in Part Three: Chapter 31?
(a) To Perth.
(b) To Sydney.
(c) To Albany.
(d) To Hopetoun.
8. What object of Lucy's does Tom keep in his pocket in the jail cell in Part Three: Chapter 25?
(a) A satin ribbon.
(b) A seashell.
(c) A wilted flower.
(d) A clothespin.
9. How tall is Bluey's mother described as in Part Three: Chapter 28?
10. What emotion washes over Hannah when she learns of Isabel's confession in Part Three: Chapter 35?
11. When does Hannah say Lucy-Grace's birthday is in Part Three: Chapter 36?
(a) April 27.
(b) October 16.
(c) January 18.
(d) September 28.
12. Who goes home and hugs his wife after witnessing Tom's arrest in Part Three: Chapter 25?
13. When does Sergeant Knuckey say Isabel made her confession when he speaks with Hannah in Part Three: Chapter 35?
(a) Before 2:00 p.m.
(b) After 7:00 p.m.
(c) After 5:00 p.m.
(d) After 6:00 p.m.
14. What is Bluey's last name?
15. What boat is approaching Janus Rock as Tom watches the sea in the beginning of Part Two: Chapter 24?
(a) The Queen of Cairo.
(b) The Windward Spirit.
(c) The Pride of Birmingham.
(d) The Manchester Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Isabel's response when Sergeant Knuckey asks her in Part Three: Chapter 26, "According to Tom, Frank Rosennfeldt was dead when the boat washed up. Is that true?"
2. What is the drawing of that Grace packs in her satchel when she runs away in Part Three: Chapter 33?
3. At what time does Hannah hear the hinges of the letterbox in Part Two: Chapter 23?
4. Whose tale does Hannah recall from her Classics studies in Part Two: Chapter 23?
5. Where was Bob Hitching arrested for murder?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)