|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hannah recall that was believed dead on the Somme but returned to his wife in Part Three: Chapter 28?
(a) Ralph Addicott.
(b) Billy Wishart.
(c) Len Bradshaw.
(d) Trimble Docherty.
2. Who announces Hannah's arrival at the jail in Part Three: Chapter 32?
(a) Constable Garstone.
(b) Sergeant Spragg.
(c) Constable Grigg.
(d) Dr. Samuel B. Griffiths.
3. In what year did Franz Roennfeldt disappear?
4. How long does Tom say he spent in Bunbury jail in Part Three: Chapter 36?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Two years.
5. Where does Hannah say Grace has gone with her grandfather in Part Three: Chapter 35?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the park.
(c) To church.
(d) To the museum.
6. What object does Hannah find in the parcel left in her letterbox in Part Two: Chapter 23?
(a) A women's cardigan.
(b) A baby doll.
(c) A baby bonnet.
(d) A silver rattle.
7. Where does Grace describe meeting Mamma with Gwen in her pretend game in Part Three: Chapter 31?
(a) At the park.
(b) At the museum.
(c) At church.
(d) At the library.
8. On what date did Tom's father die?
(a) January 18, 1929.
(b) December 16, 1918.
(c) April 27, 1926.
(d) September 28, 1893.
9. Whose tale does Hannah recall from her Classics studies in Part Two: Chapter 23?
(a) Hephaestus and Aegisthus's tale.
(b) Demeter and Persephone's tale.
(c) Medusa and Aphrodite's tale.
(d) Athena and Dionysus's tale.
10. Who suggests to Hannah that maybe she should take Grace to see Isabel in Part Three: Chapter 29?
11. What sport does Bluey discuss with Tom in the beginning of Part Two: Chapter 19?
12. Who says of Hannah that she is "Completely off her rocker" in the beginning of Part Two: Chapter 23?
(a) Len Bradshaw.
(b) Dr. Samuel B. Griffiths.
(c) Reverend Norkells.
(d) Constable Garstone.
13. What is Tom's response when Hannah asks him in Part Three: Chapter 32, "Are you sorry for what you did?"
(a) "I'm only sorry I've lost her."
(b) "I'm not sorry for loving Lucy."
(c) "I'm not sorry for saving Lucy."
(d) "I'm sorrier than I can say."
14. Whom does Isabel ask to speak to when she enters the police station in Part Three: Chapter 35?
(b) Sergeant Knuckey.
(c) Sergeant Spragg.
(d) Constable Garstone.
15. What children's story does Hannah recall her mother reading to her in Part Three: Chapter 28?
(a) The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
(c) Snow White.
(d) Sleeping Beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion washes over Hannah when she learns of Isabel's confession in Part Three: Chapter 35?
2. What was Bill Graysmark's profession?
3. What name does Grace ultimately give to the kitten that Hannah gives her in Part Three: Chapter 29?
4. Who has recognized the evidence from the photograph on the reward posters in Part Two: Chapter 23?
5. What is the drawing of that Grace packs in her satchel when she runs away in Part Three: Chapter 33?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)