|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivers Tom's letter to Isabel in Part Three: Chapter 31?
2. Why is Tom taken from his cell by Sergeant Knuckey in the beginning of Part Three: Chapter 35?
(a) Because he is being taken to trial.
(b) Because the building is on fire.
(c) Because his cell is flooding.
(d) Because he is being hanged.
3. In what year did Franz Roennfeldt disappear?
4. When is the letter dated that Tom has received from his father in Part Two: Chapter 20?
(a) December 16, 1918.
(b) January 18, 1929.
(c) September 28, 1893.
(d) October 16, 1915.
5. What was Bill Graysmark's profession?
(a) He was a timber dealer.
(b) He was a butcher.
(c) He was a banker.
(d) He was a headmaster.
6. Where was the encounter between Grace and Isabel that has led to Grace's regression in Part Three: Chapter 31?
7. What is the name of the woman that Bluey has been courting in Part Two: Chapter 19?
8. What object of Lucy's does Tom keep in his pocket in the jail cell in Part Three: Chapter 25?
(a) A satin ribbon.
(b) A clothespin.
(c) A wilted flower.
(d) A seashell.
9. What name does Grace ultimately give to the kitten that Hannah gives her in Part Three: Chapter 29?
(a) Tabatha Tabby.
(c) Sleeping Beauty.
(d) Miss Muffin.
10. What boat is approaching Janus Rock as Tom watches the sea in the beginning of Part Two: Chapter 24?
(a) The Queen of Cairo.
(b) The Pride of Birmingham.
(c) The Manchester Queen.
(d) The Windward Spirit.
11. What is Isabel's response when Sergeant Knuckey asks her in Part Three: Chapter 26, "According to Tom, Frank Rosennfeldt was dead when the boat washed up. Is that true?"
(a) "I've got nothing to say."
(b) "It is not true."
(c) "It is true."
(d) "I wasn't present to see."
12. What was the name of Tom's father?
13. What object does Hannah find in the parcel left in her letterbox in Part Two: Chapter 23?
(a) A women's cardigan.
(b) A baby doll.
(c) A baby bonnet.
(d) A silver rattle.
14. What is the reward listed on the poster that has a photograph of evidence on it in Part Two: Chapter 23?
(a) 2,000 guineas.
(b) 1,500 guineas.
(c) 1,000 guineas.
(d) 3,000 guineas.
15. What is Lucy playing with when Tom finds her in Part Two: Chapter 22?
(a) A puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Lucy a prayer book at her christening?
2. Who was left as the executive beneficiary after Tom's father's death?
3. Who is the photographer that takes a photo of the evidence from Hannah's package in Part Two: Chapter 23?
4. What is the drawing of that Grace packs in her satchel when she runs away in Part Three: Chapter 33?
5. How old was Isabel when she recalls being on a runaway horse in Part Three: Chapter 28?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)