|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the kitten that Hannah gets for Grace in Part Three: Chapter 29?
(b) Gray and white.
(d) Black and white.
2. At what time does Hannah hear the hinges of the letterbox in Part Two: Chapter 23?
(a) 1:00 a.m.
(b) 4:00 a.m.
(c) 2:00 a.m.
(d) 3:00 a.m.
3. Whose tale does Hannah recall from her Classics studies in Part Two: Chapter 23?
(a) Athena and Dionysus's tale.
(b) Medusa and Aphrodite's tale.
(c) Demeter and Persephone's tale.
(d) Hephaestus and Aegisthus's tale.
4. What object of Lucy's does Tom keep in his pocket in the jail cell in Part Three: Chapter 25?
(a) A clothespin.
(b) A wilted flower.
(c) A seashell.
(d) A satin ribbon.
5. How many boats does Grace tell Hannah she saw at the river in Part Three: Chapter 35?
6. How tall is Bluey's mother described as in Part Three: Chapter 28?
7. Where does Sergeant Knuckey tell Tom he will be taken after his committal hearing in Part Three: Chapter 31?
(a) To Albany.
(b) To Hopetoun.
(c) To Perth.
(d) To Sydney.
8. What does Isabel do with the letter from Tom in Part Three: Chapter 31?
(a) She puts it away in a drawer without opening it.
(b) She sends it back to Tom.
(c) She tears it up without opening it.
(d) She burns it without opening it.
9. What object is sent to Tom that once belonged to his mother in Part Two: Chapter 20?
(a) A ring.
(b) A locket.
(c) A painting.
(d) A bassinet.
10. What is the name of Bluey's widowed mother?
11. Who suggests to Hannah that maybe she should take Grace to see Isabel in Part Three: Chapter 29?
12. Who announces Hannah's arrival at the jail in Part Three: Chapter 32?
(a) Constable Grigg.
(b) Constable Garstone.
(c) Dr. Samuel B. Griffiths.
(d) Sergeant Spragg.
13. What is the name of Bluey's brother who died?
14. Who takes the evidence from Hannah's parcel to have it photographed in Part Two: Chapter 23?
(a) Constable Lynch.
(b) Constable Bradshaw.
(c) Sergeant Knuckey.
(d) Neville Whittnish.
15. What newspaper is Tom reading in the beginning of Part Two: Chapter 22?
(a) The West Australian.
(b) The Perth Journal.
(c) The Albany Gazette.
(d) The Point Partageuse Journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lucy playing with when Tom finds her in Part Two: Chapter 22?
2. In what year did Franz Roennfeldt disappear?
3. What sport does Bluey discuss with Tom in the beginning of Part Two: Chapter 19?
4. What Biblical story does Hannah consider after Sergeant Knuckey has left in Part Three: Chapter 35?
5. When does Sergeant Knuckey say Isabel made her confession when he speaks with Hannah in Part Three: Chapter 35?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)