|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Sumpton tells Hannah in Part Three: Chapter 31 that the only cure for her daughter is what?
(a) Lying to her.
(b) Returning her to Isabel.
(c) Telling her the truth.
2. Who is the first adult that makes a compromise to call Grace "Lucy-Grace" in Part Three: Chapter 35?
3. What children's story does Hannah recall her mother reading to her in Part Three: Chapter 28?
(a) The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
(c) Sleeping Beauty.
(d) Snow White.
4. Where was Bob Hitching arrested for murder?
(b) Janus Rock.
5. What is the reward listed on the poster that has a photograph of evidence on it in Part Two: Chapter 23?
(a) 3,000 guineas.
(b) 1,000 guineas.
(c) 2,000 guineas.
(d) 1,500 guineas.
6. Where does Grace intend to go to find Mamma when she runs away in Part Three: Chapter 33?
(a) To the library.
(b) To the park.
(c) To Mamma's house.
(d) To the church.
7. Who was left as the executive beneficiary after Tom's father's death?
8. Where was the encounter between Grace and Isabel that has led to Grace's regression in Part Three: Chapter 31?
9. What message does Tom ask Bluey to relate to Isabel in Part Three: Chapter 28?
(a) "I love you."
(b) "I understand."
(c) "Please help me."
(d) "I miss you."
10. Why is Tom taken from his cell by Sergeant Knuckey in the beginning of Part Three: Chapter 35?
(a) Because he is being taken to trial.
(b) Because the building is on fire.
(c) Because he is being hanged.
(d) Because his cell is flooding.
11. On what date did Tom's father die?
(a) September 28, 1893.
(b) January 18, 1929.
(c) April 27, 1926.
(d) December 16, 1918.
12. Who announces Hannah's arrival at the jail in Part Three: Chapter 32?
(a) Constable Garstone.
(b) Sergeant Spragg.
(c) Constable Grigg.
(d) Dr. Samuel B. Griffiths.
13. How many boats does Grace tell Hannah she saw at the river in Part Three: Chapter 35?
14. What is the name of Tom's mother?
15. Who goes home and hugs his wife after witnessing Tom's arrest in Part Three: Chapter 25?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman that Bluey has been courting in Part Two: Chapter 19?
2. What color is the kitten that Hannah gets for Grace in Part Three: Chapter 29?
3. Who says of Hannah that she is "Completely off her rocker" in the beginning of Part Two: Chapter 23?
4. When does Sergeant Knuckey say Isabel made her confession when he speaks with Hannah in Part Three: Chapter 35?
5. What object of Lucy's does Tom keep in his pocket in the jail cell in Part Three: Chapter 25?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)