|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who skippers the store boat for all the light stations along the coast near Point Partageuse?
(a) Ralph Addicott.
(b) Harry Garstone
(c) Neville Whittnish.
(d) Septimus Potts
2. What is the name of Lucy's biological mother?
(a) Hannah Roennfeldt.
(b) Hanna Bradshaw.
(c) Violet Whittnish.
(d) Gwen Docherty.
3. Where did Trimble Docherty commit suicide?
(a) Janus Rock.
(b) Byron Bay.
4. What does Tom wrap the dead man's body in before burying it in Part Two: Chapter 11?
(a) Leaves from a birch tree.
(b) A wool blanket.
(c) A cotton sheet.
(d) A sheet of canvas.
5. Why did Trimble Docherty commit suicide?
(a) Grief after his mother.
(b) He was crazy.
(c) Grief after his wife died.
(d) Guilt from a long-ago murder.
6. What is Isabel's last name?
7. Where did Tom and Isabel go for their honeymoon?
(b) Byron Bay.
8. What is the name of the home where Hannah grew up?
(a) Byron Bay.
(d) Janus Rock.
9. What did Tom give to Isabel as a wedding gift?
(a) A stationary set.
(b) A string of pearls.
(c) A silk gown.
(d) A piano.
10. How long has it been since Isabel suffered a miscarriage in the beginning of Part One: Chapter 9?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Five days.
11. What is the name of Ralph's wife?
12. What year is it when Part One: Chapter 7 begins?
13. How old does Tom say he will be turning this year in Part One: Chapter 5?
14. How much does Isabel claim Lucy weighed at childbirth in Part Two: Chapter 11?
(a) 8 pounds, 2 ounces.
(b) 6 pounds, 12 ounces.
(c) 5 pounds, 9 ounces.
(d) 7 pounds, 1 ounce.
15. In what year did Septimus convince the baronet to invest in a land deal, according to the narrator in Part Two: Chapter 16?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Manchester Queen said to be headed in Part Two: Chapter 10?
2. In what subject did Tom earn his college degree?
3. Who does Isabel's mother claim Lucy looks like in Part Two: Chapter 14?
4. What does Isabel name the lagoon in Part One: Chapter 7?
5. What does Lucy clasp in her hand as Isabel sings her to sleep in Part Two: Chapter 16?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)