|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Janus the god of?
2. What year is it when Tom, Isabel, and Lucy travel to Point Partageuse for shore leave in Part Two: Chapter 14?
3. Where is the Manchester Queen said to be headed in Part Two: Chapter 10?
(a) Cape Town.
4. What did Tom give to Isabel as a wedding gift?
(a) A stationary set.
(b) A string of pearls.
(c) A piano.
(d) A silk gown.
5. When Tom went to the boardinghouse to look for his mother, he learned that she had died how long ago?
(a) Two weeks ago.
(b) Three weeks ago.
(c) Two days ago.
(d) Two years ago.
6. How long does Tom say it will be before he returns to the mainland in his letter to Isabel in Part One: Chapter 4?
(a) Two months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three months.
(d) One month.
7. Where had Septimus Potts traveled from when he arrived in Fremantle as a child?
8. On what day of the week does Tom hoist the ensign at Janus Rock?
(a) On Saturdays.
(b) On Thursdays.
(c) On Fridays.
(d) On Sundays.
9. Who is the Point Partageuse policeman that is summoned regarding the letter in Part Two: Chapter 16?
(a) Sergeant Garstone.
(b) Sergeant Potts.
(c) Sergeant Knuckey.
(d) Sergeant Spragg.
10. What does Tom find wedged under the rib of the bow of the boat in Part Two: Chapter 11?
(a) A lace glove.
(b) A baby doll.
(c) A silver rattle.
(d) A woman's bonnet.
11. What year was it when Septimus Potts arrived in Fremantle as a child?
12. How much money is in Tom's bank account, according to the notice he receives in Part One: Chapter 4?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 1,500 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
13. What was the ship that Septimus Potts took to Fremantle as a child?
(a) The Pride of Birmingham.
(b) The Queen of Cairo.
(c) The Windward Spirit.
(d) The Manchester Queen.
14. What month is it when Tom, Isabel, and Lucy travel to Point Partageuse for shore leave in Part Two: Chapter 14?
15. How many stairs in the lighthouse lead up to the lantern room at Janus Rock?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Isabel claim to be when Tom visits her family's home for the first time in Part One: Chapter 5?
2. What are the names of the couple that took Septimus Potts in at Kojonup?
3. What month is it when Ralph and Bluey arrive at the island in Part Two: Chapter 12?
4. How old does Tom say he will be turning this year in Part One: Chapter 5?
5. What is the name of Isabel's mother?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)