|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Betsy Parmenter say she lives in her letter in Part Two: Chapter 14?
2. How old does Isabel claim to be when Tom visits her family's home for the first time in Part One: Chapter 5?
3. Where did Trimble Docherty commit suicide?
(b) Byron Bay.
(c) Janus Rock.
4. What is the name of Betsy Parmenter's son?
5. What is Lucy's real name revealed to be in Part Two: Chapter 15?
(a) Emma Bradshaw.
(b) Gwen Roennfeldt.
(c) Grace Roennfeldt.
(d) Grace Griffiths.
6. What ship is described in the shipwreck of 1889 in the Prologue?
(a) The Windward Spirit.
(b) The White Falcon.
(c) The Queen of the Orient.
(d) The Pride of Birmingham.
7. For how long is Tom initially signed up as a temporary lighthouse keeper at Janus Rock?
(a) Three months.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
8. Who is described in Part One: Chapter 2 as the town butcher in Point Partageuse?
(a) Septimus Potts.
(b) Len Bradshaw.
(c) Frank Roennfeldt.
(d) Trimble Docherty.
9. On what date does Part One of the novel begin?
(a) March 12, 1924.
(b) April 27, 1926.
(c) September 28, 1893.
(d) December 16, 1918.
10. What does Lucy clasp in her hand as Isabel sings her to sleep in Part Two: Chapter 16?
(a) A seashell.
(b) A doll.
(c) A clothespin.
(d) A ribbon.
11. What did Tom give to Isabel as a wedding gift?
(a) A string of pearls.
(b) A stationary set.
(c) A piano.
(d) A silk gown.
12. What is the name of Ralph's wife?
13. What fairy tale does Tom read to Lucy after reading the lighthouse keeper's rulebook in Part Two: Chapter 13?
(b) Sleeping Beauty.
(c) The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
(d) Snow White.
14. How many graves are on the cliff to represent Isabel's lost children in Part Two: Chapter 10?
15. What was the ship that Septimus Potts took to Fremantle as a child?
(a) The Pride of Birmingham.
(b) The Manchester Queen.
(c) The Queen of Cairo.
(d) The Windward Spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the store boat for all the light stations along the coast near Point Partageuse?
2. In what subject did Tom earn his college degree?
3. What is the name of Tom's brother?
4. Why did Trimble Docherty commit suicide?
5. What month is it when Ralph and Bluey arrive at the island in Part Two: Chapter 12?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)