|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it when Part One: Chapter 7 begins?
2. Who skippers the store boat for all the light stations along the coast near Point Partageuse?
(a) Septimus Potts
(b) Ralph Addicott.
(c) Harry Garstone
(d) Neville Whittnish.
3. What ship is described in the shipwreck of 1889 in the Prologue?
(a) The White Falcon.
(b) The Queen of the Orient.
(c) The Pride of Birmingham.
(d) The Windward Spirit.
4. What are the names of the couple that took Septimus Potts in at Kojonup?
(a) Walt and Sarah Flindell.
(b) Tom and Emma Docherty.
(c) Sarah and Paul Knuckey.
(d) William and Edna Whittnish.
5. When Tom went to the boardinghouse to look for his mother, he learned that she had died how long ago?
(a) Two weeks ago.
(b) Two days ago.
(c) Two years ago.
(d) Three weeks ago.
6. Where does the Disctrict Officer come from to sign off on Tom's paperwork in Part Two: Chapter 14?
7. What month is it when Tom, Isabel, and Lucy travel to Point Partageuse for shore leave in Part Two: Chapter 14?
8. In what subject did Tom earn his college degree?
(b) English literature.
9. Who is described in Part One: Chapter 2 as the town butcher in Point Partageuse?
(a) Septimus Potts.
(b) Len Bradshaw.
(c) Trimble Docherty.
(d) Frank Roennfeldt.
10. On what day of the week does Tom hoist the ensign at Janus Rock?
(a) On Sundays.
(b) On Saturdays.
(c) On Thursdays.
(d) On Fridays.
11. Who is the doctor that Isabel goes to see in Part Two: Chapter 14?
(a) Dr. Bradshaw.
(b) Dr. Griffiths.
(c) Dr. Sumpton.
(d) Dr. Docherty.
12. When did telegraph service arrive in Point Partageuse, according to the narrator in Part One: Chapter 2?
13. Where did Tom go to a boardinghouse to find his mother in Part One: Chapter 8?
14. In what year did Septimus convince the baronet to invest in a land deal, according to the narrator in Part Two: Chapter 16?
15. Who performs Lucy's christening in Part Two: Chapter 15?
(a) Reverend Docherty.
(b) Reverend Norkells.
(c) Reverend Addicott.
(d) Reverend Bradshaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Manchester Queen said to be headed in Part Two: Chapter 10?
2. What does Tom find wedged under the rib of the bow of the boat in Part Two: Chapter 11?
3. What fairy tale does Tom read to Lucy after reading the lighthouse keeper's rulebook in Part Two: Chapter 13?
4. How long has Lucy been with Tom and Isabel when Ralph and Bluey arrive in Part Two: Chapter 12?
5. What was the ship that Septimus Potts took to Fremantle as a child?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)