|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Chapters 34 - 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date does Part One: Chapter 1 begin?
(a) September 28, 1893.
(b) March 12, 1920.
(c) December 16, 1918.
(d) April 27, 1926.
2. What month is it when Tom, Isabel, and Lucy travel to Point Partageuse for shore leave in Part Two: Chapter 14?
3. Who is the preacher that suggests Hannah "look for Christ in the life around her" in Part Two: Chapter 23?
(a) Reverend Bradshaw.
(b) Reverend Smith.
(c) Reverend Norkells.
(d) Reverend Knuckey.
4. What was the ship that Septimus Potts took to Fremantle as a child?
(a) The Manchester Queen.
(b) The Queen of Cairo.
(c) The Pride of Birmingham.
(d) The Windward Spirit.
5. Why did Trimble Docherty commit suicide?
(a) He was crazy.
(b) Grief after his mother.
(c) Grief after his wife died.
(d) Guilt from a long-ago murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tom's brother?
2. For how long is Tom initially signed up as a temporary lighthouse keeper at Janus Rock?
3. What food does Grace take with her when she runs away in Part Three: Chapter 33?
4. How much money is in Tom's bank account, according to the notice he receives in Part One: Chapter 4?
5. On what date did Tom's father die?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)