|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Joe and Lila after she helps him clean his cuts?
(a) They figure out how to find Doug.
(b) They have sex.
(c) They decide to drop the case.
(d) They get into a fight.
2. Why does Detective Rupert tell Joe to contact Boady Sanden?
(a) Boady Sanden will make sure Carl does not get exonerated.
(b) Boady Sanden does a lot of forensic work on burn victims.
(c) Boady Sanden knew both Crystal and Carl and might know who DJ is.
(d) Boady Sanden works at the Innocence Project.
3. What does Carl see in the elephant grass that causes him to defy Gibbs' order to shoot?
(a) A girl.
(b) A boy.
(c) An old man.
(d) An old woman.
4. What happens when Joe loses his temper with Doug?
(a) He accuses Doug of raping and killing Crystal.
(b) He accuses Doug of beating his wife and step-daughter.
(c) He immediately apologizes.
(d) He punches Doug, knocking him to the ground.
5. What happened while Carl was in Vietnam during July of 1968?
(a) Carl killed Gibbs.
(b) Carl killed Tater.
(c) Carl deserted the military.
(d) Carl killed a teenage girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies during the exchange of fire while Carl is trying to protect Virgil?
2. What did Crystal's step-father do for a living?
3. Why does Joe feel sick in his chest after watching the play?
4. What does Boady Sanden tell Joe about the Ramsey County Crime Lab?
5. What was Lila's high school nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Doug Lockwood incapacitate Joe?
2. How is Joe able to survive the night lost in the woods and snow?
3. What does Lila believe will be revealed in the coded parts of Crystal's diary?
4. What changes between Lila and Joe in Chapter 21?
5. How did Grandpa Bill die?
6. What does Carl do that causes Gibbs to want revenge?
7. What new information does Andrew tell Joe and Lila about the night of September 21st?
8. Who is Joe trying to please by getting Carl exonerated?
9. What is discovered about Lila while they are at the bar after the play?
10. What do Joe and Lila see when they compare pictures of the fire?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)