|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl see in the elephant grass that causes him to defy Gibbs' order to shoot?
(a) An old man.
(b) A girl.
(c) A boy.
(d) An old woman.
2. How do Joe and Lila find Andy Fisher?
3. What does Jeremy remind Lila about that helps her to break the code in Crystal's diary?
(a) A nursury rhyme she loved as a child.
(b) A sentence used in keyboarding class.
(c) An activity she has to do for one of her classes.
(d) A mnemonic device used to memorize the colors of the rainbow.
4. What happened to Lila in high school?
(a) She was sent to a private school.
(b) She was drugged and raped.
(c) She was given the nickname Lucky Lila.
(d) She was named Homecoming Queen.
5. Where does Joe awaken after he passes out at Doug's place?
(a) In the trunk of Doug's car.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the trunk of his own car.
(d) In the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What memory has been haunting Joe's sleep since Lila broke the code in the diary?
2. What does Doug do to Joe?
3. Why was Carl not in his wheelchair by the window when Joe came to see him toward the end of the novel?
4. Which person is not a suspect on Joe and Lila's list of possible killers?
5. What items are missing from Joe's car when it is found after he was almost killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joe's honesty about his grandfather's death cause a shift in his relationship with Carl?
2. What do Joe and Lila see when they compare pictures of the fire?
3. What is the rest of Carl's story from Vietnam, specifically, how his and Gibbs' relationship ended?
4. Why does the author include a chapter about the play, "The Glass Menagerie"?
5. How is Joe able to survive the night lost in the woods and snow?
6. What new information does Andrew tell Joe and Lila about the night of September 21st?
7. How is Doug Lockwood's house symbolic of the man himself?
8. What is discovered about Lila while they are at the bar after the play?
9. Why is it so important that Crystal wore glasses?
10. What is Lila's story?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)