|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at Joe's door when he and Lila are making breakfast together?
2. Which item is not in the shack Joe finds in the woods?
(a) A knife.
(c) A warm coat.
3. What does Boady Sanden tell Joe about the Ramsey County Crime Lab?
(a) They have the time to do the DNA testing for Carl's case.
(b) They are closed and will not be able to open any time soon.
(c) The lab is backed up and will not be able to do any charitable work.
(d) They found no DNA evidence on Lila's fingernail.
4. Who started the rumor that Andy killed Crystal?
(a) The state's attorney.
(b) Crystal's family.
(c) The newspapers.
(d) Carl's attorney.
5. What does the girl in Vietnam have in common with Crystal?
(a) They were both burned.
(b) They were both reported missing.
(c) They were both from Vietnam.
(d) They were both shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doug do to Joe?
2. What religion did Carl belong to when he was in Vietnam?
3. Who is the antagonist in the story of Carl's time in Vietnam?
4. What play does Lila invite Joe to see with her?
5. What does Professor Sanden believe ensured Crystal's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is discovered about Lila while they are at the bar after the play?
2. What does Carl say is the real reason he ended up saving Virgil that day in Vietnam?
3. What does Carl tell Joe about looking into Crystal's murder by himself?
4. What does Carl wish to see before he dies?
5. How does Doug Lockwood incapacitate Joe?
6. What two mistakes does Doug make when he kidnaps Joe?
7. What changes between Lila and Joe in Chapter 21?
8. Why is it so important that Crystal wore glasses?
9. How does Joe and Lila's relationship change in Chapter 39?
10. Who is Joe trying to please by getting Carl exonerated?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)