|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disorder does Jeremy live with?
(a) Drug addiction.
(b) Bipolar disorder.
(d) Cerebral Palsy.
2. Who is with Joe's mother when she finally arrives back home after the smoke alarm was set off?
(b) The police.
3. How does Joe feel after telling his secret to Carl?
4. How did Joe get the money for his mother's bail?
(a) By taking it from Jeremy's account.
(b) He borrowed it from Lila.
(c) He asked his mother's boss for an advance on her pay.
(d) By working more hours at Molly's.
5. Which of Crystal Hagen's personal posessions is discussed in the trial files?
(a) Her diary.
(b) Her report card.
(c) Her hair bows.
(d) Her glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe describe his looks?
2. What is the name of Crystal's boyfriend?
3. What is wrong with Virgil's body?
4. What is the name of Carl Iverson's nursing home?
5. What word does Jeremy often use to begin his sentences?
Short Essay Questions
1. What crime was Carl Iverson convicted of committing?
2. Why does Jeremy look to the corners of the room when Joe is talking to him?
3. Virgil accuses Joe of using Carl. Is this true?
4. Why does Terry Bremer call Joe when his mother does not come home?
5. How does Joe end up interviewing Carl Iverson?
6. How does the short document about Carl's war service conflict with his crime?
7. How does the author describe Crystal Hagen?
8. Why is Carl's request for a speedy trial something that his defense considered unusual?
9. What do we learn about Joe's temperment when he confronts Larry and his mother?
10. Carl and Joe make some big assumptions about each other during their first meeting. What does Carl assume about Joe?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)