|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doug Lockwood quote when he speaks?
(a) He talks about the past.
(b) The Bible.
(c) His wife.
(d) Crystal's diary.
2. Where did Joe spend the night after watching "The Glass Menagerie"?
(a) At his apartment.
(b) At Lila's apartment.
(c) At the bar where he had the fight.
(d) At his mother's house.
3. What is Carl thinking about when Virgil finds him watching the horizon one morning?
(a) Crystal Hagen.
(b) His wife and children.
(c) His grandfather's cabin at Lake Ada.
(d) The Viet Cong waiting in the jungle.
4. What is the last thing Joe thinks before he passes out at Doug's place?
(a) That he is going to die.
(b) That he let an old man beat him.
(c) That he made a mistake about Doug.
(d) That he deserves to be killed.
5. What religion did Carl belong to when he was in Vietnam?
(a) He was Baptist.
(b) He was Muslim.
(c) He was Catholic.
(d) He was Jewish.
6. Who found Crystal's glasses?
7. Why does Detective Rupert tell Joe to contact Boady Sanden?
(a) Boady Sanden works at the Innocence Project.
(b) Boady Sanden will make sure Carl does not get exonerated.
(c) Boady Sanden knew both Crystal and Carl and might know who DJ is.
(d) Boady Sanden does a lot of forensic work on burn victims.
8. Why did Carl buy a gun the day Crystal was murdered?
(a) He planned to kill Crystal.
(b) He planned to kill himself.
(c) He planned to kill DJ.
(d) He planned to kill Andy.
9. What does Doug do when he realizes Joe has escaped?
(a) He tries to run Joe down with his car.
(b) He begins to shoot at him.
(c) He flees the scene.
(d) He runs into the woods after him.
10. What does Sergeant Gibbs do to the girl Carl saw running out of the grass?
(a) He helps her escape.
(b) He rapes and kills her.
(c) He pretends not to see her.
(d) He takes her prisoner.
11. What does Joe discover when comparing the pictures of the fire at Crystal's house with pictures of after the fire?
(a) Someone is inside Crystal's house.
(b) Crystal is still alive in the shed.
(c) Crystal's car is not there.
(d) Someone is inside Carl's house.
12. How does Joe convince the sheriff to let him go, after he is picked up from the woods?
(a) He tells the sheriff to look at his driver's license.
(b) He tells the sheriff that is brother is home alone.
(c) He tells the sheriff to call Max Rupert.
(d) He convinces the sheriff to look for Doug Lockwood.
13. What personal item did Crystal lose on the night of September 21st?
(a) Her necklace.
(b) Her diary.
(c) Her glasses.
(d) Her jacket.
14. What did Lila do in the year between high school and college?
(a) She went to therapy.
(b) She looked for her rapist.
(c) She went to rehab.
(d) She went abroad.
15. Where does Joe awaken after he passes out at Doug's place?
(a) In the trunk of Doug's car.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the street.
(d) In the trunk of his own car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Professor Sanden believe ensured Crystal's death?
2. What happens when Joe loses his temper with Doug?
3. What weather event does Carl love?
4. Who does Joe originally think DJ is?
5. Who gave Joe and Lila the evidence from Carl's case?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)