|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe reassure Lila that he does not think less of her?
(a) He offers to go to therapy with her.
(b) He tells her he is not afraid of issues.
(c) He tells her he will beat up the people that hurt her.
(d) He says nothing to her.
2. What happened to Lila in high school?
(a) She was drugged and raped.
(b) She was named Homecoming Queen.
(c) She was given the nickname Lucky Lila.
(d) She was sent to a private school.
3. What does Boady Sanden tell Joe about the Ramsey County Crime Lab?
(a) They are closed and will not be able to open any time soon.
(b) They have the time to do the DNA testing for Carl's case.
(c) The lab is backed up and will not be able to do any charitable work.
(d) They found no DNA evidence on Lila's fingernail.
4. What is needed in order to exonerate Carl?
(a) Another fingernail.
(b) A hair sample from the killer.
(c) Crystal's DNA.
(d) Doug's DNA.
5. What items are missing from Joe's car when it is found after he was almost killed?
(a) His wallet and recorder.
(b) His camera and keys.
(c) Crystal's diary and glasses.
(d) His school books and computer.
6. What does Carl see in the elephant grass that causes him to defy Gibbs' order to shoot?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A boy.
(c) A girl.
(d) An old man.
7. What does Sergeant Gibbs do to the girl Carl saw running out of the grass?
(a) He takes her prisoner.
(b) He rapes and kills her.
(c) He helps her escape.
(d) He pretends not to see her.
8. Where does Professor Sanden teach law?
(a) Hamline University.
(b) University of Minnesota.
(c) At the Innocence Project.
(d) He is retired.
9. How does Joe convince the sheriff to let him go, after he is picked up from the woods?
(a) He tells the sheriff that is brother is home alone.
(b) He convinces the sheriff to look for Doug Lockwood.
(c) He tells the sheriff to call Max Rupert.
(d) He tells the sheriff to look at his driver's license.
10. What slows Joe down as he is trying to get free of the chains on his legs?
(a) He is weak from blood loss.
(b) His fingers are numb from cold.
(c) He is too disoriented to know where he is.
(d) He is not strong enough to break the chains.
11. What was Doug Lockwood doing behind his wife's back?
(a) Cheating on her with other women.
(b) Going to strip clubs.
(c) Visiting other women.
(d) Stealing money from the church.
12. What happens when Joe loses his temper with Doug?
(a) He accuses Doug of raping and killing Crystal.
(b) He punches Doug, knocking him to the ground.
(c) He accuses Doug of beating his wife and step-daughter.
(d) He immediately apologizes.
13. Who gave Joe and Lila the evidence from Carl's case?
(b) The county prosecutor's office.
(c) Carl's attorney.
14. Who found Crystal's glasses?
15. What does Joe discover when comparing the pictures of the fire at Crystal's house with pictures of after the fire?
(a) Crystal is still alive in the shed.
(b) Someone is inside Crystal's house.
(c) Someone is inside Carl's house.
(d) Crystal's car is not there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Professor Sanden believe ensured Crystal's death?
2. What religion did Carl belong to when he was in Vietnam?
3. Where did Joe spend the night after watching "The Glass Menagerie"?
4. Who started the rumor that Andy killed Crystal?
5. What realization did Carl have while he was in prison?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)