|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lila pick Joe up after his ordeal with Doug?
(a) Detective Rupert's office.
(b) City Hall.
(c) His apartment.
(d) Center City Jail.
2. What happens between Joe and Lila after she helps him clean his cuts?
(a) They decide to drop the case.
(b) They get into a fight.
(c) They figure out how to find Doug.
(d) They have sex.
3. What personal item did Crystal lose on the night of September 21st?
(a) Her glasses.
(b) Her diary.
(c) Her jacket.
(d) Her necklace.
4. What does Jeremy remind Lila about that helps her to break the code in Crystal's diary?
(a) A mnemonic device used to memorize the colors of the rainbow.
(b) A sentence used in keyboarding class.
(c) A nursury rhyme she loved as a child.
(d) An activity she has to do for one of her classes.
5. What does the girl in Vietnam have in common with Crystal?
(a) They were both shot.
(b) They were both from Vietnam.
(c) They were both reported missing.
(d) They were both burned.
6. What does Doug do when he realizes Joe has escaped?
(a) He flees the scene.
(b) He runs into the woods after him.
(c) He tries to run Joe down with his car.
(d) He begins to shoot at him.
7. What does Joe expect to find when he emerges from the shack in the woods?
(b) The police.
(c) His mother.
8. What slows Joe down as he is trying to get free of the chains on his legs?
(a) He is too disoriented to know where he is.
(b) He is not strong enough to break the chains.
(c) His fingers are numb from cold.
(d) He is weak from blood loss.
9. What did Doug plan to do to Joe?
(a) Leave him in a cabin.
(b) Drown him in the river.
(c) Bury him in the woods.
(d) Turn him over to police.
10. What play does Lila invite Joe to see with her?
(a) The Scarlett Letter.
(b) The Lion King.
(c) A Raisin in the Sun.
(d) The Glass Menagerie.
11. Who does Joe tell that he is going to see Doug Lockwood?
(a) His brother.
(b) Professor Sanden.
(c) No one.
(d) Danny Lockwood.
12. What does Professor Sanden believe ensured Crystal's death?
(a) That she had a boyfriend.
(b) That she had gone to her mother for help.
(c) That she was pregnant by her abuser.
(d) That she learned she could turn the tables on her abuser.
13. What did Lila do in the year between high school and college?
(a) She went to rehab.
(b) She went abroad.
(c) She went to therapy.
(d) She looked for her rapist.
14. Why does Joe feel sick in his chest after watching the play?
(a) He knows Lila will never love him.
(b) He thinks the acting is terrible.
(c) The play reminds him of his life.
(d) He thinks about Crystal's murder photos.
15. What was Lila's high school nickname?
(a) Nobody Nash.
(b) Lost Lila.
(c) Nasty Nash.
(d) Lucky Lila.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion did Carl belong to when he was in Vietnam?
2. What was the conclusion of the DNA test?
3. Who dies during the exchange of fire while Carl is trying to protect Virgil?
4. Where does Doug Lockwood live?
5. Where does Joe awaken after he passes out at Doug's place?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)