|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carl Iverson is dying of which illness?
(a) Pancreatic cancer.
(b) Colon cancer.
(d) Alzheimer's disease.
2. What stage cancer does Carl have?
(a) Stage 2.
(b) Stage 4.
(c) Stage 3.
(d) Stage 1.
3. What movie is Jeremy obsessed with when he meets Lila for the first time?
(a) He does not watch movies.
(b) The Lion King.
(c) Pirates of the Caribbean.
(d) Spy Kids.
4. Who was Carl Iverson found guilty of murdering?
(a) Joe Talbot.
(b) Crystal Hagen.
(c) Douglas Lockwood.
(d) Pierce Street.
5. What is Occam's razor?
(a) The principle that says all things being equal, the simplest conclusion is usually the correct one.
(b) The idea that people who want to kill someone will always find a way.
(c) The murder weapon in the Crystal Hagen case.
(d) The weapon used to cut Carl's throat while he was in prison.
6. Who did Crystal meet with at school on the day of her death?
(a) Her boyfriend and his friends.
(b) The school counselor.
(c) Her cheerleading squad.
(d) The school principal.
7. What disorder does Joe's mother suffer from?
(a) Bipolar disorder.
(b) She does not have a disorder.
(c) Cerebral palsy.
8. Which of the following is NOT a condition of Joe's mom's release from custody?
(a) She will be placed under house arrest.
(b) Her promise to appear at all future hearings.
(c) She must wear an alcohol monitoring bracelet.
(d) No possession or consumption of alcohol.
9. What did Carl do during the trail that was considered unusual?
(a) He asked for the trial transcripts.
(b) He asked to represent himself.
(c) He requested a speedy trial.
(d) He wanted to talk to Crystal's mother.
10. What did Grandpa Bill warn Joe not to leave on the bottom of the boat?
(a) A beer bottle.
(b) His book.
(c) His fishing pole.
11. What item does Joe give to Jeremy before he leaves to go to work?
(a) A gun.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) An alarm clock.
(d) A cell phone.
12. What was on the floor of the boat that caused Grandpa Bill to fall into the water?
(a) Joe's tackle box.
(b) Joe's empty bottle.
(c) Joe's favorite book.
(d) Joe's toys.
13. What disorder does Jeremy live with?
(a) Drug addiction.
(b) Bipolar disorder.
(c) Cerebral Palsy.
14. Who is Lila Nash?
(a) Joe's mother.
(b) Joe's neighbor.
(c) Jeremy's teacher.
(d) Jeremy's babysitter.
15. What issue does Joe not want to tell Carl about?
(a) His report.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His school work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joe credit with keeping his mother under control when he was a boy?
2. What prevented the boat from floating alongside Joe's grandfather?
3. Who was Carl's lead attorney in his murder case?
4. What did Joe's mother's apartment smell like when he was a child?
5. Who is with Joe's mother when she finally arrives back home after the smoke alarm was set off?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)