|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen if Jeremy is left home alone again?
(a) Jeremy will have to live with Joe.
(b) Joe's mother and brother will be evicted.
(c) Joe will have to move back home.
(d) Terry will call child protective services.
2. Why does Joe have to see his mother up at the Mower County Courthouse?
(a) She is helping him get Carl's trial records.
(b) She is a lawyer.
(c) She works there and needs a ride home.
(d) She has a bail hearing.
3. What disorder does Jeremy live with?
(a) Drug addiction.
(b) Cerebral Palsy.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
4. Who does Joe's brother, Jeremy, live with?
(a) Joe Talbot.
(b) Their mother.
(c) Carl Iverson.
(d) Their father.
5. Who was Carl Iverson found guilty of murdering?
(a) Joe Talbot.
(b) Douglas Lockwood.
(c) Pierce Street.
(d) Crystal Hagen.
6. What issue does Joe not want to tell Carl about?
(a) His brother.
(b) His school work.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His report.
7. In which month does the story begin?
8. How old was Joe the first time he stepped foot in a bar?
(a) 19 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 20 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
9. What does Lila's apartment smell like?
(a) Mold and cats.
(b) Alcohol and cigarettes.
(c) Baby powerder and vanilla.
(d) Fresh-baked bread.
10. What movie is Jeremy obsessed with when he meets Lila for the first time?
(a) Pirates of the Caribbean.
(b) The Lion King.
(c) Spy Kids.
(d) He does not watch movies.
11. Who is Lila Nash?
(a) Joe's mother.
(b) Jeremy's babysitter.
(c) Jeremy's teacher.
(d) Joe's neighbor.
12. How does Joe feel after telling his secret to Carl?
13. How does Lila treat Joe in the beginning of the story?
(a) She thinks he is brilliant because he is in college.
(b) With contempt.
(c) She ignores him and they never speak.
(d) With love.
14. What does Joe see on Jeremy's back?
(a) An old scar.
(b) A fresh cut.
(c) A new tattoo.
(d) A faint bruise.
15. Who is with Joe's mother when she finally arrives back home after the smoke alarm was set off?
(b) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Virgil's body?
2. What did Carl do during the trail that was considered unusual?
3. What is Occam's razor?
4. When does Janet think Carl will die?
5. What does Carl say to Joe when he is finished telling the story of his grandfather's death?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)