|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memory has been haunting Joe's sleep since Lila broke the code in the diary?
(a) His first kiss with Lila.
(b) His grandfather's death.
(c) His mother's abuse.
(d) His brother's birth.
2. Who started the rumor that Andy killed Crystal?
(a) Carl's attorney.
(b) Crystal's family.
(c) The state's attorney.
(d) The newspapers.
3. What item does Joe give to Jeremy before he leaves to go to work?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A gun.
(c) An alarm clock.
(d) A cell phone.
4. Where did Carl get the scar on his neck?
(a) In prison.
(b) In Vietnam.
(c) In the nursing home.
(d) In the hospital.
5. What does Joe discover when comparing the pictures of the fire at Crystal's house with pictures of after the fire?
(a) Crystal is still alive in the shed.
(b) Someone is inside Crystal's house.
(c) Someone is inside Carl's house.
(d) Crystal's car is not there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe reassure Lila that he does not think less of her?
2. What does Doug Lockwood quote when he speaks?
3. Why was Carl not in his wheelchair by the window when Joe came to see him toward the end of the novel?
4. What is unusual about some of Crystal's diary entries?
5. Which item is not in the shack Joe finds in the woods?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)