|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Joe give to Jeremy before he leaves to go to work?
(a) A gun.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) An alarm clock.
(d) A baseball bat.
2. What was Lila's high school nickname?
(a) Lost Lila.
(b) Lucky Lila.
(c) Nasty Nash.
(d) Nobody Nash.
3. Where does Joe awaken after he passes out at Doug's place?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In the street.
(c) In the trunk of Doug's car.
(d) In the trunk of his own car.
4. What does Sergeant Gibbs do to the girl Carl saw running out of the grass?
(a) He helps her escape.
(b) He pretends not to see her.
(c) He takes her prisoner.
(d) He rapes and kills her.
5. What is unusual about some of Crystal's diary entries?
(a) Some of the pages are erased.
(b) They are written by her boyfriend.
(c) They are cut from newspapers.
(d) They are written in code.
Short Answer Questions
1. What issue does Joe not want to tell Carl about?
2. Why does Detective Rupert tell Joe to contact Boady Sanden?
3. Why might Carl have been treated badly by other prisoners while he served his time?
4. What do the scars on Lila's shoulder reveal about her past?
5. Why was Carl not in his wheelchair by the window when Joe came to see him toward the end of the novel?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)