|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe slow the car down so he can jump out of the trunk?
(a) He puts a wrench wrapped in a rag into the tailpipe.
(b) He throws the cinderblock and chain out as an anchor to stop the car quickly.
(c) He rolls up his jacket and puts it under one of the tires.
(d) He does not wait for the car to slow, he just jumps.
2. What happened while Carl was in Vietnam during July of 1968?
(a) Carl killed a teenage girl.
(b) Carl killed Gibbs.
(c) Carl deserted the military.
(d) Carl killed Tater.
3. What does Joe tell Mr. Rupert his goal is?
(a) To bring DJ to justice for his crimes.
(b) To find Carl's accomplice.
(c) To clear Carl's name before he dies.
(d) To prove that Crystal Hagen committed suicide.
4. What does Carl demand from Joe if he wants him to tell his story?
(a) Access to the police report.
(b) The right to tell the story any way he wants.
(c) To be exonerated.
(d) Fairness in how the story is told.
5. What word does Jeremy often use to begin his sentences?
(d) You know.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe have to see his mother up at the Mower County Courthouse?
2. What emotion does Joe see in Carl's face when looking at the picture of Carl's arrest?
3. What was on the floor of the boat that caused Grandpa Bill to fall into the water?
4. How does Lila treat Joe in the beginning of the story?
5. Who found Crystal's glasses?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)