|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Janet think Carl will die?
(a) By the spring.
(b) By Thanksgiving.
(c) By New Year's Day.
(d) By Christmas.
2. What prevented the boat from floating alongside Joe's grandfather?
(a) There was too fast of a current.
(b) Joe was holding onto the anchor rope.
(c) The boat was stuck on tree branches.
(d) Joe was holding onto the motor pull.
3. Why does Joe get a phone call from Terry Bremeer, his mother's landlord?
(a) He is calling to evict Joe's mother and brother.
(b) Terry is interested in the Crystal Hagen case.
(c) Joe's mother has not paid the rent.
(d) Jeremy set off the smoke detectors while home alone.
4. What does Joe's mother use to blackmail Joe into paying her bail?
(a) A gun.
(b) Carl's file.
5. What movie is Jeremy obsessed with when he meets Lila for the first time?
(a) Pirates of the Caribbean.
(b) He does not watch movies.
(c) The Lion King.
(d) Spy Kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Joe brought home his first girlfriend, Phyllis, in high school?
2. Who did Crystal meet with at school on the day of her death?
3. In which month does the story begin?
4. How was Berthel Collins involved in Carl's case?
5. What does Lila's apartment smell like?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)