|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Carl do during the trail that was considered unusual?
(a) He asked to represent himself.
(b) He wanted to talk to Crystal's mother.
(c) He asked for the trial transcripts.
(d) He requested a speedy trial.
2. What happened when Joe brought home his first girlfriend, Phyllis, in high school?
(a) His brother embarrassed him by not behaving kindly toward Phyllis.
(b) His mother embraced Phyllis and liked her more than Joe did.
(c) His mother embarrassed him by being drunk and fighting with a man she owed money.
(d) His mother was drunk and passed out on the couch in their apartment when he got home.
3. Which of the following is NOT a condition of Joe's mom's release from custody?
(a) She must wear an alcohol monitoring bracelet.
(b) No possession or consumption of alcohol.
(c) She will be placed under house arrest.
(d) Her promise to appear at all future hearings.
4. In which month does the story begin?
5. What is wrong with Virgil's body?
(a) He is missing an arm.
(b) He is in a wheelchair.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is missing a leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe describe his looks?
2. How old was Joe the first time he stepped foot in a bar?
3. Who does Joe credit with keeping his mother under control when he was a boy?
4. Why does Joe have to see his mother up at the Mower County Courthouse?
5. Who is with Joe's mother when she finally arrives back home after the smoke alarm was set off?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)