|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Occam's razor?
(a) The murder weapon in the Crystal Hagen case.
(b) The weapon used to cut Carl's throat while he was in prison.
(c) The principle that says all things being equal, the simplest conclusion is usually the correct one.
(d) The idea that people who want to kill someone will always find a way.
2. Which of the following is NOT a condition of Joe's mom's release from custody?
(a) She must wear an alcohol monitoring bracelet.
(b) She will be placed under house arrest.
(c) No possession or consumption of alcohol.
(d) Her promise to appear at all future hearings.
3. How does Joe feel after telling his secret to Carl?
4. What did Joe's mother's apartment smell like when he was a child?
(b) Old wood.
(c) Greek food.
(d) Fresh-baked bread.
5. What movie is Jeremy obsessed with when he meets Lila for the first time?
(a) He does not watch movies.
(b) Spy Kids.
(c) The Lion King.
(d) Pirates of the Caribbean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Virgil's body?
2. What disorder does Joe's mother suffer from?
3. What was on the floor of the boat that caused Grandpa Bill to fall into the water?
4. What prevented the boat from floating alongside Joe's grandfather?
5. What is the name of Carl Iverson's nursing home?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)