|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 - 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What personal item did Crystal lose on the night of September 21st?
(a) Her jacket.
(b) Her glasses.
(c) Her diary.
(d) Her necklace.
2. What was on the floor of the boat that caused Grandpa Bill to fall into the water?
(a) Joe's toys.
(b) Joe's empty bottle.
(c) Joe's tackle box.
(d) Joe's favorite book.
3. Why does Joe get a phone call from Terry Bremeer, his mother's landlord?
(a) He is calling to evict Joe's mother and brother.
(b) Terry is interested in the Crystal Hagen case.
(c) Jeremy set off the smoke detectors while home alone.
(d) Joe's mother has not paid the rent.
4. What prevented the boat from floating alongside Joe's grandfather?
(a) Joe was holding onto the anchor rope.
(b) The boat was stuck on tree branches.
(c) There was too fast of a current.
(d) Joe was holding onto the motor pull.
5. Who did Carl's lawyer write to for help breaking the diary code?
(a) The Department of Defense.
(c) Mrs. Tate.
(d) Crystial's best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Berthel Collins involved in Carl's case?
2. What does Carl see in the elephant grass that causes him to defy Gibbs' order to shoot?
3. What happened when Joe brought home his first girlfriend, Phyllis, in high school?
4. What was Lila's high school nickname?
5. What does Lila's apartment smell like?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)