Chapters 1 - 10
The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Eskens, Allen. The Life We Bury. Seventh Street Books, 2014.
- Joe Talbot reminisces about the events that led him to moving away from home and going to college in another city.
- His mother is an alcoholic and suffers from bi-polar disorder.
- Joe has been responsible for is autistic brother, Jeremy, since they were children.
- Joe arrives at Hillview Manor, a nursing home, in order to find someone to interview for an English biography assignment.
- Joe is told he may be able to interview Carl Iverson, a convicted murderer who is at Hillview because he is dying of pancreatic cancer.
- Joe's mother has been arrested and Joe must take care of his brother who cannot be left home alone.
- Joe recalls a time when he was left with...
This section contains 4,024 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)