|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dickens describe the Pharisees?
2. Why was the Prodigal Son's brother angry when he returned?
3. How did Jesus calm the storm while he was on the ship?
4. What did Jesus say he would convince God to do after his Resurrection?
5. Why did the Pharisees attack Jesus for his invitation to Zaccheus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jesus get out of the trap set for him concerning the current money of the time?
2. How did John die, and why?
3. What was the parable about the beggar and the rich man?
4. What lesson did Dickens learn from the parable of the Good Samaritan?
5. How did Zaccheus get Jesus's attention?
6. What is the parable of the farmer and his vineyard workers?
7. What was the parable about the rich man and his dinner table, and what did it mean?
8. What did Dickens say made men hypocrites?
9. What did Pharisees hire spies to do?
10. Why were the Apostles scared when Jesus was seen walking on the water?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Angels appeared a number of times in this book. What are some of these instances, and what roles did the angels serve in those situations?
Essay Topic 2
How did John the Baptist die, and what was Jesus's response to this?
Essay Topic 3
What was Saul doing when he was converted, and why was this conversion so ironic?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)