|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Herod to have children killed?
(a) The wise men did not report back to him.
(b) All of these.
(c) He heard rumors of revolt.
(d) His father asked him to do it.
2. What city was Jerusalem compared to?
(a) New York.
3. What was Jesus's first crib?
(a) A manger.
(b) A saddle pack.
(c) A pile of straw.
(d) A drawer.
4. What was Herod's title?
5. How did Dickens describe the temple in Jerusalem?
(a) A great church.
(b) A meeting place.
(c) A symbolic building.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jesus teaching when he was found in the temple?
2. Who was Dickens writing this book for?
3. Where did John baptize people?
4. Where did Joseph and Mary go to be safe?
5. Where was Jesus born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did John react when Jesus asked him to baptize him?
2. How did God show his approval of Jesus's baptism?
3. How did Jesus heal a servant of a Centurion?
4. What caused Jesus to do his first miracle?
5. What did Dickens compare Jerusalem to, and why?
6. Why did Jesus choose some poor men to be his Apostles?
7. What was Jesus doing when Mary found him after he had been left behind at the temple?
8. How does Dickens say he knew about the goodness of Heaven?
9. How did the wise men know about the birth of Jesus?
10. What was Simon's occupation before he became an Apostle?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)