|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the shepherds feel when they were told about Jesus's birth?
2. Why did Joseph and Mary travel when Mary was pregnant?
(a) To meet a business partner.
(b) To pay taxes.
(c) To avoid persecution.
(d) To visit family.
3. How did Dickens feel about writing this book?
4. Why did Herod have children killed?
(a) He was trying to have Jesus killed.
(b) He was sending a message of power.
(c) All of these.
(d) He did not want to lose his throne.
5. What did Jesus create with his first miracle?
(a) A salve.
(c) Light in darkness.
6. Why did Joseph and Mary not stay at inns while they traveled when Mary was pregnant?
(a) There were no inns there.
(b) They did not want to be around people.
(c) They were all filled.
(d) They did not have enough money.
7. What was Jesus's first crib?
(a) A pile of straw.
(b) A manger.
(c) A saddle pack.
(d) A drawer.
8. Who was Jesus teaching in the temple?
(b) Bible scholars.
(d) The Sanhedrin leaders.
9. How did Dickens describe Jesus in the introduction?
(a) All of these.
(b) The best.
10. Where did Dickens say Jesus was while he was writing this book?
(a) In his heart.
(b) In the church.
(c) In Heaven.
(d) With him.
11. What was Herod's title?
12. Who was Dickens writing this book for?
(a) His followers.
(b) His children.
(c) His wife.
(d) His parents.
13. How did Dickens say one could learn about the goodness of Heaven?
(a) All of these.
(b) Read about it.
(c) Learn about Jesus.
(d) Pray to learn.
14. Who did Jesus say gave him the power to heal others?
(a) John the Baptist.
(d) The Holy Ghost.
15. How did the shepherds know where to find baby Jesus?
(a) Joseph showed them the way.
(b) They heard him crying.
(c) The angel gave them directions.
(d) The message had a map.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was John related to Mary?
2. What kind of people did Jesus heal?
3. Who told Herod about Jesus?
4. Where were Jesus' parents living before Jesus was born?
5. What kind of event did Jesus perform his first miracle at?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)