|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city was Jerusalem compared to?
(d) New York.
2. What caused Herod to have children killed?
(a) All of these.
(b) He heard rumors of revolt.
(c) His father asked him to do it.
(d) The wise men did not report back to him.
3. Why was John not raised in a normal house?
(a) He had to hide when the children were killed.
(b) He wanted to be a Nazarene.
(c) He was promised to the Lord's service.
(d) His father was eccentric.
4. What was Jesus teaching when he was found in the temple?
(a) Jewish lineage.
(b) New doctrine.
(c) The order of prayer.
(d) God's goodness.
5. How did Dickens say one could learn about the goodness of Heaven?
(a) Pray to learn.
(b) Learn about Jesus.
(c) Read about it.
(d) All of these.
6. Why were Mary and Joseph going to the temple when Jesus was an adolescent?
(a) To attend a feast.
(b) To worship.
(c) To pay taxes.
(d) To practice in ceremonies.
7. What kind of event did Jesus perform his first miracle at?
(a) A celebration.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A feast.
(d) A wedding.
8. How did John react when Jesus asked to be baptized?
(a) He was eager to.
(b) He resisted.
(c) He asked for money.
(d) He wept.
9. How did Herod feel when he heard about Jesus's birth?
10. How did Dickens feel about writing this book?
11. How old was Jesus when he left Nazareth?
12. What did Jesus spend his time doing while in the wilderness after his baptism?
13. What kind of place was Jesus born in?
(a) A stable.
(b) A meadow.
(c) A cave.
(d) A shed.
14. What did Mary do when Joseph said they had to move?
(a) Tried to take Elisabeth with her.
(b) Wrote to her mother.
(c) Prayed about it herself.
(d) Listened to Joseph.
15. What did John wear?
(a) White linen.
(b) Sack cloth and ashes.
(c) Fine silk.
(d) Animal skins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Joseph and Mary not stay at inns while they traveled when Mary was pregnant?
2. How did the shepherds know where to find baby Jesus?
3. What kind of people did Jesus heal?
4. Why did Mary not notice that Jesus had been left behind at the temple?
5. What did Jesus go without while in the wilderness after his baptism?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)