|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mary not notice that Jesus had been left behind at the temple?
(a) She was focused on other things.
(b) They were sleeping.
(c) She thought she had seen him.
(d) There was a large crowd.
2. What city was Jerusalem compared to?
(c) New York.
3. Why did Jesus perform miracles?
(a) So people would believe in him.
(b) To prove his power.
(c) To follow the will of his Father.
(d) To make his friends happy.
4. How did Dickens describe the temple in Jerusalem?
(a) A symbolic building.
(b) A great church.
(c) All of these.
(d) A meeting place.
5. Where did John baptize people?
(a) In the River Jordan.
(b) In the Sea of Galilee.
(c) In the Nazareth dam.
(d) In a holy font.
6. What did John eat?
(a) Grain and fish.
(b) Honey and locusts.
(c) Meat and wine.
(d) Vegetable and water.
7. Where was John raised?
(a) The river bed.
(b) The wilderness.
(c) The tabernacle.
(d) The temple.
8. How was John related to Mary?
(a) They were second cousins.
(b) Mary was his great aunt.
(c) They were first cousins once removed.
(d) Mary was his aunt.
9. Who was Dickens writing this book for?
(a) His children.
(b) His parents.
(c) His wife.
(d) His followers.
10. Why did Herod have children killed?
(a) He was trying to have Jesus killed.
(b) He was sending a message of power.
(c) He did not want to lose his throne.
(d) All of these.
11. Why did Joseph and Mary travel when Mary was pregnant?
(a) To pay taxes.
(b) To meet a business partner.
(c) To avoid persecution.
(d) To visit family.
12. Who did Dickens first want to meet when he went to Heaven?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His father.
13. What kind of place was Jesus born in?
(a) A shed.
(b) A meadow.
(c) A stable.
(d) A cave.
14. What kind of people did Jesus heal?
(a) Leporous men.
(b) Blind men.
(c) Lame men.
(d) All of these.
15. Who told Herod about Jesus?
(a) The wise men.
(b) An angel.
(d) The shepherds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Jesus stay in the wilderness after he was baptized?
2. What did John wear?
3. How long ago did Dickens say Jesus had been born?
4. How did Dickens say one could learn about the goodness of Heaven?
5. Who asked Jesus to perform his first miracle?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)