|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Elizabeth keep up her image as she aged?
2. What happened to those who had been knighted by Essex?
3. How did Elizabeth take her meals?
4. Who was Roberto Ridolfi?
5. Who did Catherine de' Medici suggest for Elizabeth to marry, though he was only seventeen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the results of Essex's Ireland campaign?
2. Why was Mary, finally, beheaded?
3. Who started the youth movement in England and why?
4. What was the Treaty of Blois?
5. Who was involved in the Catholic plot to take Elizabeth's throne?
6. Why did the Queen avoid residences from her childhood?
7. What was the most serious courtship of Elizabeth's reign?
8. What Protestant country wanted Elizabeth to be its Queen as well?
9. What was courtly love?
10. What were all English subjects required to do, or they would incur a fine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast two of Elizabeth's famous speeches, the speech to the troops at Tilbury and the Golden speech. How are they similar? How are they different? Is it immediately apparent that Elizabeth gave the speeches at very different point in her life? Why or why not? How did her gifts in oratory solidify her legend?
Essay Topic 2
Elizabeth I had an extensive wardrobe and toilette. Examine her daily routine: what was a typical day for her from morning to night? What were her hobbies? What were her habits? Be sure to use information from the text to support your schedule.
Essay Topic 3
Who was Lady Amy Dudley? Who was her husband? How did Amy Dudley meet her end? Was her death the result of a political power struggle? How did Amy Dudley's death affect Robert Dudley's standing at court? With the Queen? Explain the author's theory on the sequence of events. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)