|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Henry, Duke of Anjou?
2. Who was the mother of Elizabeth I mother?
3. What was one of the theories of why the Queen so enjoyed the company of the person in #25?
4. On what day was Elizabeth's coronation ceremony?
5. How did Lord Darnley perish?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Elizabeth show her dominance in public?
2. Who did Catherine de' Medici suggest the Queen marry in 1565?
3. What was the strategy in Elizabeth's keeping so many suitors interested?
4. What is Alison Weir's point of view on the reign of Elizabeth I?
5. How did Lord Darnley die?
6. According to the author, did the Queen have a physical relationship with Robert Dudley? Why or why not?
7. Why was Elizabeth so sensitive about the succession?
8. What happened to Mary Queen of Scots secretary, Rizzio?
9. How did Europe's political environment change upon the death of Francis II?
10. What factors played into the death of Amy Dudley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the defeat of the Spanish Armada. What did this victory mean for England? For Europe? How did this affect the Queen's reputation? Did England earn the victory over the Armada? Who stage managed the famous speech at Tilbury? How did the speech affect the troops? What was symbolically important about Elizabeth's wardrobe?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Elizabeth's childhood. Who were her parents? How did her mother's end affect her throughout her life? What were her relationships with her siblings? How did these relationships continue to affect her adult life? What effect did her past experiences have on her willingness to marry?
Essay Topic 3
Elizabeth's court popularized the idea of courtly love. What is courtly love? How was courtly love practiced? How might such an institution have benefited the Elizabethan court? How might such an institution have flattered Elizabeth herself? Examine aspects of Elizabeth's personality. How did courtly love appeal to her vanity?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)