|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the dual reasons for Elizabeth to live in such a large image?
(a) She was stroking her ego and keeping up appearances for her people.
(b) She was desperately trying to secure a marriage.
(c) She was afraid of being forgotten.
(d) She was competing with Mary Queen of Scots.
2. Who did Leicester choose to lavish his affections on after Douglas Howard?
(a) Katherine Howard.
(b) Anne Boleyn.
(c) Katherine Parr.
(d) Lettice Knollys.
3. What was the English Enterprise?
(a) It was an apology from the Pope for excommunicating Elizabeth I.
(b) It was an old document written by Henry VIII.
(c) It was a plan between Mary and Phillip II to take control of England.
(d) It was an economic plan launched by Elizabeth I.
4. Who did Sir Walter Raleigh secretly marry?
(a) Mary Queen of Scots.
(b) Bess Throckmorton.
(c) Lettice Knollys.
(d) Molly Brown.
5. What happened to those who had been knighted by Essex?
(a) The Queen beheaded them.
(b) The Queen held a great banquet in their honor.
(c) The Queen stripped them of their titles.
(d) They were obliged to leave England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What right did the Queen have in regard to her ladies in waiting?
2. Why was Sir Walter Raleigh unpopular at court?
3. How did Elizabeth prefer to solve her problems?
4. What was the result of Essex's campaign in Ireland?
5. What did Elizabeth think was an essential part of a stable state?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Essex's coup fail?
2. What was the English Enterprise?
3. Why did the Queen's Ladies wear black and white?
4. What did Burghley's death symbolize?
5. Why, ultimately, did Elizabeth decide against marrying Alencon?
6. Why may Leicester have married Lettice Knollys?
7. Why did the Queen avoid residences from her childhood?
8. What were the results of Essex's Ireland campaign?
9. What Protestant country wanted Elizabeth to be its Queen as well?
10. What was the most serious courtship of Elizabeth's reign?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)