|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Elizabeth claim she was married?
(a) She was married to Anjou.
(b) She was married to her people.
(c) She was married to James VI.
(d) She was married to Leicester.
2. Why did Elizabeth make a trip to the Tower before her coronation?
(a) It was a tradition for the monarch to visit the Tower.
(b) She wanted to visit Mary before the coronation.
(c) She wanted to revisit the happiest home of her childhood.
(d) She had to pick up the crown jewels.
3. What did Elizabeth do whenever people thought she was ill?
(a) She would demand a written correction of the rumor.
(b) She would throw fits in her council meetings.
(c) She would shut herself in her chamber.
(d) She would make a public display of her health.
4. Who stage managed Elizabeth's famous speech to the troops?
5. How did the Duke of Norfolk die?
(a) He was hanged, drawn, and quartered.
(b) He was beheaded.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He was drowned.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her speech, Elizabeth stated that though she was a woman she had the ____ and ____ of a King.
2. In what house was the Queen's most famous progress throughout the kingdom?
3. Who was assisting Mary Queen of Scots in a bid for the English throne?
4. Who was appointed a Privy Councillor at the young age of 27?
5. What did Elizabeth think was an essential part of a stable state?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Elizabeth accept a marriage proposal from Anjou? Explain.
2. Why did the Queen avoid residences from her childhood?
3. What were the results of Essex's Ireland campaign?
4. What was the most serious courtship of Elizabeth's reign?
5. Why may Leicester have married Lettice Knollys?
6. What Protestant country wanted Elizabeth to be its Queen as well?
7. How was Elizabeth's health throughout her reign?
8. What did Burghley's death symbolize?
9. What was the English Enterprise?
10. Why were the English people prejudiced against female monarchs?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)