|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Elizabeth take her meals?
(a) Privately; she disliked eating in public.
(b) In huge banquet halls: she hated eating alone.
(c) She only ate with the Earl of Leicester.
(d) She ate with her ladies in waiting.
2. How was Essex perceived by the English public?
(a) He was a virtual unknown.
(b) He was very unpopular.
(c) He was a villain.
(d) He was very popular.
3. What rumor persisted about Essex's secret meeting with Tyrone?
(a) Essex asked Tyrone to let him win.
(b) Essex asked Tyrone to help him overthrow Elizabeth.
(c) Essex asked Tyrone for his sister's hand in marriage.
(d) Essex and Tyrone were involve in an illicit relationship.
4. Why couldn't Elizabeth rely as strongly on marriage proposals during this turbulent time?
(a) The suitors were tired of her games.
(b) She was already engaged.
(c) She was already married.
(d) She was a little too old for marriage.
5. What did Elizabeth do whenever people thought she was ill?
(a) She would make a public display of her health.
(b) She would shut herself in her chamber.
(c) She would demand a written correction of the rumor.
(d) She would throw fits in her council meetings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally accepted the crown of the Netherlands?
2. The Treaty of Bristol allied what two countries?
3. Who became Elizabeth's new Master of Horse and favorite?
4. How did Elizabeth prefer to solve her problems?
5. Did Elizabeth actually accept Anjou's proposal of marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the English Enterprise?
2. Who was involved in the Catholic plot to take Elizabeth's throne?
3. Why, ultimately, did Elizabeth decide against marrying Alencon?
4. Why did Essex's coup fail?
5. Why did the Queen's Ladies wear black and white?
6. Why did Elizabeth decide to execute Essex?
7. What was the biggest factor in England's defeat of the Spanish Armada?
8. How was Elizabeth's health throughout her reign?
9. How did Elizabeth cultivate the people's love?
10. What Protestant country wanted Elizabeth to be its Queen as well?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)