|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Leicester secretly marry?
(a) Elizabeth I.
(b) Douglas, the Lady Sheffield.
(c) Lettice Knollys.
(d) Mary Queen of Scots.
2. Why did Elizabeth make a trip to the Tower before her coronation?
(a) It was a tradition for the monarch to visit the Tower.
(b) She wanted to visit Mary before the coronation.
(c) She had to pick up the crown jewels.
(d) She wanted to revisit the happiest home of her childhood.
3. What was Elizabeth's favorite art form?
4. What natural occurrence aided the English ships in the defeat of the Armada?
(a) An iceberg.
(b) A change in the wind.
(c) A cyclone.
(d) An underground volcano.
5. Who became Elizabeth's new Master of Horse and favorite?
(c) Essex, Leicester's stepson.
(d) Sir Walter Raleigh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the dual reasons for Elizabeth to live in such a large image?
2. Where did Elizabeth deliver her famous speech to the troops?
3. The Treaty of Bristol allied what two countries?
4. Of what religious persuasion was Henry III?
5. Who was sent as Essex's replacement in Ireland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What aspects of Elizabeth's character are evident in her speech to the troops at Tilbury?
2. What major changes were taking place in Elizabeth's court?
3. Why was Mary, finally, beheaded?
4. Did Elizabeth accept a marriage proposal from Anjou? Explain.
5. Why were the English people prejudiced against female monarchs?
6. Why, ultimately, did Elizabeth decide against marrying Alencon?
7. What Protestant country wanted Elizabeth to be its Queen as well?
8. Who is Gloriana?
9. What were the results of Essex's Ireland campaign?
10. Why did Essex's coup fail?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)