|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Elizabeth want her suitors to visit England in person?
(a) She wanted to interrogate them to make sure they were honest.
(b) She was unable to travel to them because of illness.
(c) She would not marry someone she had not met.
(d) She wanted to kidnap them and hold them for ransom.
2. Why wouldn't Elizabeth I name a successor?
(a) She had no one appropriate to succeed.
(b) She was too busy.
(c) She could not decide who would be best.
(d) She did not want to give up her power.
3. On what day was Elizabeth's coronation ceremony?
(a) Wednesday, April 17.
(b) Saturday, June 30.
(c) Sunday, January 15.
(d) Friday, September 2.
4. How did Elizabeth stave off the dangers from Catholics abroad?
(a) She moved everyone to Ireland.
(b) She paid Spain large amounts of gold to protect England.
(c) She renewed marriage negotiations for protection.
(d) She declared war on the Catholics.
5. Why did Queen Elizabeth refuse de' Medici's match for her?
(a) She thought Henry II was boorish.
(b) She thought Francis II was too old.
(c) She thought Erik of Sweden was not well educated.
(d) She thought Charles IX was too young.
Short Answer Questions
1. What member of Mary Queen of Scots' entourage did Lord Darnley have killed?
2. How did Elizabeth officially feel about Mary Queen of Scots' marriage?
3. How long were Amy Dudley and Robert Dudley married?
4. Why was it dangerous for Mary to remain in England?
5. With whom did Mary Queen of Scots fall in love?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the Casket Letters?
2. Why did Elizabeth want Mary Queen of Scots to wed Robert Dudley (newly created the Earl of Leicester)?
3. How was Mary's claim to Elizabeth's throne strengthened on June 19, 1566?
4. Why did Elizabeth I decide to stress English nationalism?
5. Why was Mary Queen on Scots a threat to Elizabeth I?
6. What is Alison Weir's point of view on the reign of Elizabeth I?
7. How did Amy Dudley's death affect her husband, Robert?
8. Why did Elizabeth allow Lord Darnley to go to Scotland?
9. What factors played into the death of Amy Dudley?
10. How did Europe's political environment change upon the death of Francis II?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)