|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Henry VIII die?
2. Why, though a political lightweight, was Darnley not allowed to go to Scotland?
(a) It was feared he would elope with Mary Queen of Scots.
(b) He was dreadfully ill and contagious.
(c) Queen Elizabeth was probably in love with him.
(d) He was a simple person and it was feared he would get lost on the way.
3. Elizabeth I was queen of which country?
4. What member of Elizabeth's court did Leicester begin to pay attention to?
(a) The Lady Jane Grey, Elizabeth's cousin.
(b) Mary Tudor, Elizabeth's sister.
(c) Lettice Knollys, Elizabeth's cousin.
(d) Mary Queen of Scots, Elizabeth's cousin.
5. What was Mary Queen of Scots' main condition if she were to marry Leicester?
(a) She wanted him to move to Scotland.
(b) She wanted a large dowry from the Queen of England.
(c) She wanted him to cut his hair.
(d) She wanted to be named successor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Elizabeth's childhood teacher?
2. When was Elizabeth officially excommunicated from the Catholic Church?
3. Why wouldn't Elizabeth I name a successor?
4. When did Mary Queen of Scots give birth to her son, James?
5. At what age was Mary Stewart widowed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one example in Chapter 4 of the Queen using her single status to protect the interests of her kingdom?
2. Why was Mary Queen on Scots a threat to Elizabeth I?
3. Who did Catherine de' Medici suggest the Queen marry in 1565?
4. Who was suspected in his murder?
5. How could Elizabeth's childhood have played into her adult refusals to marry?
6. Why did Elizabeth allow Lord Darnley to go to Scotland?
7. Why did Elizabeth I decide to stress English nationalism?
8. What factors played into the death of Amy Dudley?
9. How did Elizabeth's policies toward her people's religion differ from Mary's?
10. During her coronation service, to whom was Elizabeth symbolically married?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)