|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wives did Henry VIII have throughout his lifetime?
2. What was the main event Elizabeth's council wanted to take place?
(a) They wanted to go to war with Spain.
(b) They wanted to have a coronation ball.
(c) They wanted to lower taxes.
(d) They wanted her to marry and produce an heir.
3. How did Amy Dudley's death affect her husband?
(a) He was forgiven by the people after his guilty verdict.
(b) Too much suspicion was cast upon Robert for him to marry the Queen.
(c) He was gleeful and immediately proposed to Elizabeth.
(d) He was distraught and would not speak for weeks.
4. Who was the younger brother of Elizabeth I?
(a) James I.
(b) Edward VI.
(c) Lord Dudley.
(d) Henry VII.
5. When did Mary Queen of Scots give birth to her son, James?
(a) June 19, 1566.
(b) June 19, 1544.
(c) June 19, 1555.
(d) June 19, 1577.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Elizabeth officially excommunicated from the Catholic Church?
2. What was Mary Queen of Scots' main condition if she were to marry Leicester?
3. What was the nickname of Mary I?
4. What was Elizabeth's first personal brush with death in her reign?
5. Who did Cecil, Norfolk, and Sussex want the Queen to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did members of the court generally feel about Robert Dudley?
2. Why was Elizabeth cautious about her religion during the reign of Mary I?
3. Why did Elizabeth I decide to stress English nationalism?
4. How was Mary's claim to Elizabeth's throne strengthened on June 19, 1566?
5. Why did Elizabeth want Mary Queen of Scots to wed Robert Dudley (newly created the Earl of Leicester)?
6. Why did Elizabeth I feel competitive toward Mary Queen of Scots?
7. During her coronation service, to whom was Elizabeth symbolically married?
8. How could Elizabeth's childhood have played into her adult refusals to marry?
9. According to the author, did the Queen have a physical relationship with Robert Dudley? Why or why not?
10. What is Alison Weir's point of view on the reign of Elizabeth I?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)