|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom may Elizabeth I have been in love?
(a) King Erik of Sweden.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) The Archduke Ferdinand.
(d) Robert Dudley.
2. What was Elizabeth's nickname for William Cecil, her Secretary of State?
3. What did the Queen promise to do for anyone who would make trouble for France?
(a) She said she would marry him.
(b) She said she would throw him a party.
(c) She said she would pay him in gold.
(d) She said she would never forgive him.
4. What item(s) were discovered that incriminated Mary in Darnley's murder?
(a) A record of her conversation with the murderer.
(b) The Casket Letters.
(c) The Estate Receipts.
(d) A fingerprint on his neck.
5. Elizabeth I was queen of which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lord Darnley perish?
2. Why was Norfolk committed to the Tower?
3. Why was it dangerous for Mary to remain in England?
4. To what did Mary Queen of Scots think she was entitled?
5. What was Mary Queen of Scots' main condition if she were to marry Leicester?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Elizabeth show her dominance in public?
2. What were some of the reasons that the Queen reveled in her relationship with Robert Dudley?
3. Why did Elizabeth allow Lord Darnley to go to Scotland?
4. How did members of the court generally feel about Robert Dudley?
5. How did Amy Dudley's death affect her husband, Robert?
6. Why did Elizabeth want Mary Queen of Scots to wed Robert Dudley (newly created the Earl of Leicester)?
7. What factors played into the death of Amy Dudley?
8. Who was suspected in his murder?
9. How was Mary's claim to Elizabeth's throne strengthened on June 19, 1566?
10. During her coronation service, to whom was Elizabeth symbolically married?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)