|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what did Mary Queen of Scots think she was entitled?
(a) She believed she was the rightful heir of Sweden.
(b) She believed she owned Ireland.
(c) She believed she was entitled to the estates of Spain.
(d) She believed she was the rightful Queen of England.
2. What was the nickname of Mary I?
(a) The Virgin Queen.
(c) Bloody Mary.
(d) The Queen of Scots.
3. Why may Cecil have killed Amy Dudley?
(a) He may have killed her to protect England.
(b) He may have killed her because he was psychotic.
(c) He may have killed her because he was jealous of Dudley.
(d) He may have killed her because she was too politically powerful.
4. What member of Mary Queen of Scots' entourage did Lord Darnley have killed?
(a) Cecil, her council.
(b) Thomas Keyes, her porter.
(c) Rizzio, her secretary.
(d) Randolph, her ambassador.
5. On what day was Elizabeth's coronation ceremony?
(a) Saturday, June 30.
(b) Wednesday, April 17.
(c) Sunday, January 15.
(d) Friday, September 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose marriage proposal did the Queen turn down because she wished to remain single?
2. Elizabeth I was queen of which country?
3. What, the author theorizes, may have been part of Robin's allure for the Queen?
4. Which two members of Elizabeth's court fell into a power struggle?
5. Why did Queen Elizabeth refuse de' Medici's match for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did members of the court generally feel about Robert Dudley?
2. During her coronation service, to whom was Elizabeth symbolically married?
3. How did Lord Darnley die?
4. Why was Elizabeth so sensitive about the succession?
5. Why did Elizabeth allow Lord Darnley to go to Scotland?
6. Why did Elizabeth I feel competitive toward Mary Queen of Scots?
7. According to the author, did the Queen have a physical relationship with Robert Dudley? Why or why not?
8. What was the strategy in Elizabeth's keeping so many suitors interested?
9. How did Amy Dudley's death affect her husband, Robert?
10. What factors played into the death of Amy Dudley?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)