|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elizabeth do whenever people thought she was ill?
(a) She would shut herself in her chamber.
(b) She would make a public display of her health.
(c) She would throw fits in her council meetings.
(d) She would demand a written correction of the rumor.
2. What did all of Essex's coup supporters have in common?
(a) They were all Catholic.
(b) They were all Spanish.
(c) They were all committed to the Tower.
(d) They were all short of money.
3. What Papal Bull did Gregory XIII reissue?
(a) The Papal Bull excommunicating Montezuma.
(b) The Papal Bull excommunicating Elizabeth.
(c) The Papal Bull excommunicating Phillip II.
(d) The Papal Bull excommunicating Ireland.
4. What was the name of Leicester's illegitimate son?
5. Why did Elizabeth avoid the homes of her childhood?
(a) She enjoyed the Tower more than all the residences.
(b) She did not have good memories from those places.
(c) They were occupied by her other relatives.
(d) They were fallen into disrepair and too expensive to fix.
6. In her speech, Elizabeth stated that though she was a woman she had the ____ and ____ of a King.
(a) Liver and kidney.
(b) Brain and eyes.
(c) Hands and feet.
(d) Heart and stomach.
7. How many progresses did Elizabeth go on during her reign?
(c) One hundred.
8. Upon his return to England, how did Essex greatly offend the Queen?
(a) He completely ignored her.
(b) He married her lady in waiting.
(c) He burst into her dressing chamber.
(d) He challenged her in public.
9. What secret arrangement did Essex make with Tyrone?
(a) He arranged a prisoner exchange.
(b) He arranged a cease-fire.
(c) He arranged a banquet.
(d) He arranged a masked ball.
10. How did Elizabeth take her meals?
(a) She only ate with the Earl of Leicester.
(b) In huge banquet halls: she hated eating alone.
(c) She ate with her ladies in waiting.
(d) Privately; she disliked eating in public.
11. Who finally accepted the crown of the Netherlands?
(a) The Archduke Ferdinand.
(b) Elizabeth I.
(c) Philip of Spain.
(d) The Duke of Anjou.
12. What country asked Elizabeth to become its Queen?
(a) The Netherlands.
13. What was Elizabeth's nickname for the person in #129?
14. In her portraits, Elizabeth wanted the myth of the Virgin Queen to take precedence over what?
15. What church did Elizabeth lead?
(a) The Puritan Church.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Anglican Church.
(d) The Marxist Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor persisted about Essex's secret meeting with Tyrone?
2. What right did the Queen have in regard to her ladies in waiting?
3. Who was Roberto Ridolfi?
4. Who led the expedition to aid Henry IV against the Catholic French and Spanish?
5. When Anjou left her court for the last time, what did it symbolize?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)