|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the nickname of Mary I?
(a) The Virgin Queen.
(b) Bloody Mary.
(c) The Queen of Scots.
2. What member of Mary Queen of Scots' entourage did Lord Darnley have killed?
(a) Thomas Keyes, her porter.
(b) Cecil, her council.
(c) Rizzio, her secretary.
(d) Randolph, her ambassador.
3. How were Elizabeth and Mary Queen of Scots related?
(a) They were sisters.
(b) They were in-laws.
(c) They were third cousins twice removed.
(d) They were cousins.
4. Why was it dangerous for Mary to remain in England?
(a) She could be put in the hands of English Catholics who wanted her to claim the throne.
(b) She was not well constituted to live in England and was constantly ill.
(c) She was extremely depressed and wanted to travel.
(d) She did not speak English well and had trouble communicating.
5. What item(s) were discovered that incriminated Mary in Darnley's murder?
(a) A record of her conversation with the murderer.
(b) The Casket Letters.
(c) The Estate Receipts.
(d) A fingerprint on his neck.
6. What reason did the Queen give in her refusal of Erik of Sweden?
(a) She was disinclined to marry, especially someone who would be absent from the country.
(b) She was offended that he did not speak English.
(c) She had only weeks to live because of illness.
(d) She promised herself to Robert Dudley.
7. How did the Queen publicly humiliate Robert Dudley?
(a) She refused to dance with him at the next party.
(b) She destroyed his Letters Patent.
(c) She sent him to the gallows.
(d) She called him names and bade him leave.
8. Who publicly accused Dudley of interfering in state business?
(a) Mary of Guise.
(c) Roger Ascham.
(d) The Queen.
9. Why did Elizabeth feel competitive toward Mary Queen of Scots?
(a) Mary spoke more languages than Elizabeth.
(b) Mary was a better musician than Elizabeth.
(c) Mary was younger than Elizabeth and rumored to be beautiful.
(d) Mary's wardrobe was rumored to be more substantial than Elizabeth's.
10. By November 1566, how did Mary Queen of Scots feel about Lord Darnley?
(a) She was angry and refused to speak to him.
(b) She was deeply irrevocably in love with him.
(c) She was trying to get out of their marriage.
(d) She was impressed with his political skill.
11. How did Elizabeth officially feel about Mary Queen of Scots' marriage?
(a) Officially, she was furious.
(b) Officially, she was indifferent.
(c) Officially, she was distraught.
(d) Officially, she was happy.
12. What was one of the theories of why the Queen so enjoyed the company of the person in #25?
(a) He was an amazing singer and music was her only enjoyment.
(b) She immediately wanted to marry him and be his wife.
(c) He was already married and therefore no threat to her single life.
(d) He was a great friend of her father's.
13. What was the main event Elizabeth's council wanted to take place?
(a) They wanted to lower taxes.
(b) They wanted to have a coronation ball.
(c) They wanted to go to war with Spain.
(d) They wanted her to marry and produce an heir.
14. Who took over the Scottish monarch?
(a) The infant King James IV.
(b) Catherine de' Medici.
(c) Elizabeth I.
(d) Mary, Queen of Scots.
15. In what year did Henry VIII die?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Amy Dudley's life end?
2. On what day was Elizabeth's coronation ceremony?
3. Why did Elizabeth press Mary Queen of Scots to wed Leicester?
4. When was Elizabeth officially excommunicated from the Catholic Church?
5. How did the Queen's court, in general, feel about Robert Dudley?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)