|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sun Setteth at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did all of Essex's coup supporters have in common?
(a) They were all Catholic.
(b) They were all Spanish.
(c) They were all committed to the Tower.
(d) They were all short of money.
2. What did Elizabeth think was an essential part of a stable state?
(a) Financial dependence.
(b) Uniformity of religion.
(c) War on other neighboring countries.
(d) Uniformity of dress.
3. What was the nickname of Mary I?
(a) Bloody Mary.
(c) The Virgin Queen.
(d) The Queen of Scots.
4. Why did Elizabeth make a trip to the Tower before her coronation?
(a) She had to pick up the crown jewels.
(b) She wanted to revisit the happiest home of her childhood.
(c) She wanted to visit Mary before the coronation.
(d) It was a tradition for the monarch to visit the Tower.
5. What member of Mary Queen of Scots' entourage did Lord Darnley have killed?
(a) Thomas Keyes, her porter.
(b) Rizzio, her secretary.
(c) Cecil, her council.
(d) Randolph, her ambassador.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Queen publicly humiliate Robert Dudley?
2. Whose marriage proposal did the Queen turn down because she wished to remain single?
3. When did Mary Queen of Scots give birth to her son, James?
4. Why did the Queen need heirs?
5. In what year did Henry VIII die?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)