|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sun Setteth at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mary Queen of Scots want Elizabeth to do for her?
(a) She wanted Elizabeth to give her land in northern England.
(b) She wanted Elizabeth to give her permission to marry Dudley.
(c) She wanted Elizabeth to declare her the successor to the throne.
(d) She wanted Elizabeth to make her a new gown.
2. What did Elizabeth think was an essential part of a stable state?
(a) Uniformity of dress.
(b) Financial dependence.
(c) Uniformity of religion.
(d) War on other neighboring countries.
3. To what did Mary Queen of Scots think she was entitled?
(a) She believed she was entitled to the estates of Spain.
(b) She believed she owned Ireland.
(c) She believed she was the rightful heir of Sweden.
(d) She believed she was the rightful Queen of England.
4. Why, though a political lightweight, was Darnley not allowed to go to Scotland?
(a) He was a simple person and it was feared he would get lost on the way.
(b) He was dreadfully ill and contagious.
(c) Queen Elizabeth was probably in love with him.
(d) It was feared he would elope with Mary Queen of Scots.
5. What were Elizabeth's final ailments?
(a) The flu and the plague.
(b) Bronchitis and pneumonia.
(c) Cancer and arthritis.
Short Answer Questions
1. By November 1566, how did Mary Queen of Scots feel about Lord Darnley?
2. How did Amy Dudley's death affect her husband?
3. How many wives did Henry VIII have throughout his lifetime?
4. Who was appointed a Privy Councillor at the young age of 27?
5. Who did Sir Walter Raleigh secretly marry?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)