|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19, 20, and 21 Between Scylla and Charbdis, Practices at Home and Abroad, and The Tragical Execution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main event Elizabeth's council wanted to take place?
(a) They wanted to lower taxes.
(b) They wanted her to marry and produce an heir.
(c) They wanted to have a coronation ball.
(d) They wanted to go to war with Spain.
2. In what year did Henry VIII die?
3. Why, despite Elizabeth's competency, was England still suspicious of a female monarch?
(a) They remembered the disaster that was Mary Tudor's reign.
(b) They were afraid of Elizabeth's power.
(c) They knew Catherine de' Medici and did not like her.
(d) They did not like Mary Queen of Scots.
4. Why did Elizabeth press Mary Queen of Scots to wed Leicester?
(a) She wanted to get Leicester out of the court.
(b) She wanted to discourage Mary's other Catholic suitors.
(c) She wanted Mary Queen of Scots to come and live in England with her.
(d) She wanted Erik of Sweden to be jealous.
5. What was perhaps the most serious marriage consideration of Elizabeth's life?
(a) Phillip II.
(b) Henry III.
(c) The Duke of Anjou.
(d) The Archduke Ferdinand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion did Elizabeth I practice?
2. How were Elizabeth and Mary Queen of Scots related?
3. Who, in a play for political power, may have been behind Amy Dudley's death?
4. How did Elizabeth prefer to solve her problems?
5. Why did Elizabeth want Mary restored to the throne of Scotland?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)