|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19, 20, and 21 Between Scylla and Charbdis, Practices at Home and Abroad, and The Tragical Execution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Elizabeth keep up her image as she aged?
(a) She hired young look-alikes to go into public.
(b) She wore elaborate costumes and makeup.
(c) She retired from public life and commissioned portraits.
(d) She took up a weekly skin care regiment.
2. Who did Leicester choose to lavish his affections on after Douglas Howard?
(a) Katherine Parr.
(b) Lettice Knollys.
(c) Katherine Howard.
(d) Anne Boleyn.
3. At what age was James VI declared old enough to rule Scotland?
4. How did Lord Darnley perish?
(a) He was thrown from a horse.
(b) He contracted smallpox and died within hours.
(c) He was strangled, then posed in a house that exploded.
(d) He went insane from syphilis.
5. To what did Mary Queen of Scots think she was entitled?
(a) She believed she owned Ireland.
(b) She believed she was the rightful Queen of England.
(c) She believed she was entitled to the estates of Spain.
(d) She believed she was the rightful heir of Sweden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the council worry about Elizabeth's relationship with Dudley?
2. Who was the Earl of Bothwell?
3. Did Elizabeth actually accept Anjou's proposal of marriage?
4. How did the Queen's court, in general, feel about Robert Dudley?
5. What was the nickname of Mary I?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)