|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16 The Axe Must Be the Next Warning and Less Agreeable Things to Think About.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumors persisted about the Queen and Robert Dudley?
(a) It was rumored they were sister and brother.
(b) It was rumored they were going to elope to Germany.
(c) It was rumored they had a physical relationship.
(d) It was rumored they were going to stage a coup.
2. Who publicly accused Dudley of interfering in state business?
(a) Mary of Guise.
(b) Roger Ascham.
(d) The Queen.
3. How did Elizabeth take her meals?
(a) She only ate with the Earl of Leicester.
(b) Privately; she disliked eating in public.
(c) She ate with her ladies in waiting.
(d) In huge banquet halls: she hated eating alone.
4. Who was the younger brother of Elizabeth I?
(a) Edward VI.
(b) Henry VII.
(c) James I.
(d) Lord Dudley.
5. Who did Catherine de' Medici suggest for Elizabeth to marry, though he was only seventeen?
(a) Lord Hunsdon.
(b) Hercules-Francis, Duke of Alencon.
(c) Lord Shrewsbury.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age was Mary Stewart widowed?
2. Why did Elizabeth want her suitors to visit England in person?
3. What item(s) were discovered that incriminated Mary in Darnley's murder?
4. Who did Cecil, Norfolk, and Sussex want the Queen to marry?
5. Why did Elizabeth avoid the homes of her childhood?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)