|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16 The Axe Must Be the Next Warning and Less Agreeable Things to Think About.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Elizabeth stave off the dangers from Catholics abroad?
(a) She paid Spain large amounts of gold to protect England.
(b) She declared war on the Catholics.
(c) She renewed marriage negotiations for protection.
(d) She moved everyone to Ireland.
2. Why did Elizabeth want her suitors to visit England in person?
(a) She wanted to kidnap them and hold them for ransom.
(b) She was unable to travel to them because of illness.
(c) She would not marry someone she had not met.
(d) She wanted to interrogate them to make sure they were honest.
3. Why did Queen Elizabeth refuse de' Medici's match for her?
(a) She thought Francis II was too old.
(b) She thought Charles IX was too young.
(c) She thought Erik of Sweden was not well educated.
(d) She thought Henry II was boorish.
4. How were Elizabeth and Mary Queen of Scots related?
(a) They were in-laws.
(b) They were sisters.
(c) They were third cousins twice removed.
(d) They were cousins.
5. Who does Elizabeth I succeed?
(a) Katharine of Aragon, her stepmother.
(b) Mary Queen of Scots, her aunt.
(c) Lady Jane Grey, her cousin.
(d) Mary I, her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why weren't there many women at Elizabeth's court?
2. How was the feel of Elizabeth's court described?
3. Why was it dangerous for Mary to remain in England?
4. What was Mary Queen of Scots' main condition if she were to marry Leicester?
5. What was Elizabeth's nickname for Robert Dudley when he was Master of Horse?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)