|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12 A Dangerous Person and A Vain Crack of Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Elizabeth want her suitors to visit England in person?
(a) She would not marry someone she had not met.
(b) She was unable to travel to them because of illness.
(c) She wanted to kidnap them and hold them for ransom.
(d) She wanted to interrogate them to make sure they were honest.
2. What was one of the theories of why the Queen so enjoyed the company of the person in #25?
(a) He was already married and therefore no threat to her single life.
(b) She immediately wanted to marry him and be his wife.
(c) He was an amazing singer and music was her only enjoyment.
(d) He was a great friend of her father's.
3. With whom may Elizabeth I have been in love?
(a) King Erik of Sweden.
(b) The Archduke Ferdinand.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) Robert Dudley.
4. What was Elizabeth's nickname for William Cecil, her Secretary of State?
5. How did the Queen publicly humiliate Robert Dudley?
(a) She destroyed his Letters Patent.
(b) She called him names and bade him leave.
(c) She sent him to the gallows.
(d) She refused to dance with him at the next party.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age was Mary Stewart widowed?
2. How long did Elizabeth reign?
3. Who did Mary Queen of Scots wed on July 29, 1565?
4. What did Mary Queen of Scots want Elizabeth to do for her?
5. To whom was Elizabeth symbolically married?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)