|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12 A Dangerous Person and A Vain Crack of Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the younger brother of Elizabeth I?
(a) Lord Dudley.
(b) James I.
(c) Edward VI.
(d) Henry VII.
2. What failed movement did Northumberland and Westmoreland lead?
(a) The Southern Conflict.
(b) The War of the Roses.
(c) The Northern Uprising.
(d) The Irish Incident.
3. Why did Elizabeth allow Darnley to escape to Scotland?
(a) She knew Cecil was against the match and wanted to defy him.
(b) She loved him and only wanted him to be happy.
(c) She knew he was unfit to rule and would put Mary more firmly into her hands.
(d) She was angry at Norfolk and wanted to talk Mary out of his hands.
4. How did the Queen publicly humiliate Robert Dudley?
(a) She destroyed his Letters Patent.
(b) She sent him to the gallows.
(c) She called him names and bade him leave.
(d) She refused to dance with him at the next party.
5. What was Elizabeth's nickname?
(a) The Virgin Queen.
(b) Queen of Scots.
(c) Old Faithful.
(d) Bloody Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the theories of why the Queen so enjoyed the company of the person in #25?
2. Elizabeth I was queen of which country?
3. Who publicly accused Dudley of interfering in state business?
4. How long were Amy Dudley and Robert Dudley married?
5. In Chapter 4, who was the Queen's favorite person at court?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)