|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12 A Dangerous Person and A Vain Crack of Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Elizabeth's nickname for William Cecil, her Secretary of State?
2. Who did Mary Queen of Scots wed on July 29, 1565?
(b) Lord Darnley.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
3. Why did Queen Elizabeth refuse de' Medici's match for her?
(a) She thought Erik of Sweden was not well educated.
(b) She thought Francis II was too old.
(c) She thought Henry II was boorish.
(d) She thought Charles IX was too young.
4. Why did Elizabeth press Mary Queen of Scots to wed Leicester?
(a) She wanted to discourage Mary's other Catholic suitors.
(b) She wanted Mary Queen of Scots to come and live in England with her.
(c) She wanted to get Leicester out of the court.
(d) She wanted Erik of Sweden to be jealous.
5. Why wouldn't Elizabeth I name a successor?
(a) She could not decide who would be best.
(b) She had no one appropriate to succeed.
(c) She did not want to give up her power.
(d) She was too busy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the theories of why the Queen so enjoyed the company of the person in #25?
2. Who really controlled the French throne after the King's death?
3. Why did the council worry about Elizabeth's relationship with Dudley?
4. In Chapter 4, who was the Queen's favorite person at court?
5. What member of Mary Queen of Scots' entourage did Lord Darnley have killed?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)