|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6 Presumptions of Evil and Dishonourable and Naughty Reports.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, the author theorizes, may have been part of Robin's allure for the Queen?
(a) She needed someone to teach her to ride a horse.
(b) He was the most handsome man who ever lived.
(c) He was extremely wealthy and she needed money.
(d) She had all the control in their relationship.
2. Which two members of Elizabeth's court fell into a power struggle?
(a) Throckmorton and Norfolk.
(b) William Cecil and Robert Dudley.
(c) Shakespeare and Marley.
(d) De Quadra and Ben Jonson.
3. On what day was Elizabeth's coronation ceremony?
(a) Saturday, June 30.
(b) Sunday, January 15.
(c) Friday, September 2.
(d) Wednesday, April 17.
4. Since Amy was not welcomed at court, how did she spend her time?
(a) She went on long visits to family and friends.
(b) She wrote poetry in the attics of the castle.
(c) She lived in solitude on their estate.
(d) She went on long trips to the Continent.
5. How many wives did Henry VIII have throughout his lifetime?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why wouldn't Elizabeth I name a successor?
2. Who took over the French throne when King Henry II was killed?
3. How did Elizabeth's marriage games ultimately help England?
4. How did the Queen's court, in general, feel about Robert Dudley?
5. Whose marriage proposal did the Queen turn down because she wished to remain single?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)