|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6 Presumptions of Evil and Dishonourable and Naughty Reports.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day was Elizabeth's coronation ceremony?
(a) Saturday, June 30.
(b) Friday, September 2.
(c) Sunday, January 15.
(d) Wednesday, April 17.
2. How did the Queen's court, in general, feel about Robert Dudley?
(a) They were jealous of him and his relationship with the Queen.
(b) They loved him and commended his bravery.
(c) They were in awe of his superior horsemanship.
(d) They hated him and refused to speak with him.
3. Why may Cecil have killed Amy Dudley?
(a) He may have killed her because he was psychotic.
(b) He may have killed her because she was too politically powerful.
(c) He may have killed her because he was jealous of Dudley.
(d) He may have killed her to protect England.
4. Why did the council worry about Elizabeth's relationship with Dudley?
(a) They worried she would execute him.
(b) They worried she would marry him.
(c) They worried he would marry the princess of Spain.
(d) They worried he would go to France.
5. To whom was Elizabeth symbolically married?
(a) She was married to Sir Robert Dudley.
(b) She was married to King Philip of Spain.
(c) She was married to the people.
(d) She was married to the Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose marriage proposal did the Queen turn down because she wished to remain single?
2. Who does Elizabeth I succeed?
3. Which monarch ordered the most religion-related executions during his/her reign?
4. What was Elizabeth's nickname?
5. How long were Amy Dudley and Robert Dudley married?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)