|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Bonny Sweet Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom was Elizabeth symbolically married?
(a) She was married to King Philip of Spain.
(b) She was married to Sir Robert Dudley.
(c) She was married to the Pope.
(d) She was married to the people.
2. What was the nickname of Mary I?
(a) Bloody Mary.
(b) The Queen of Scots.
(d) The Virgin Queen.
3. What was Elizabeth's nickname for Robert Dudley when he was Master of Horse?
4. With whom may Elizabeth I have been in love?
(a) King Erik of Sweden.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) Robert Dudley.
(d) The Archduke Ferdinand.
5. What rumors persisted about the Queen and Robert Dudley?
(a) It was rumored they were sister and brother.
(b) It was rumored they had a physical relationship.
(c) It was rumored they were going to stage a coup.
(d) It was rumored they were going to elope to Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose marriage proposal did the Queen turn down because she wished to remain single?
2. Of what new religious movement was Elizabeth I tolerant?
3. Which monarch ordered the most religion-related executions during his/her reign?
4. How did Elizabeth's marriage games ultimately help England?
5. How many wives did Henry VIII have throughout his lifetime?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)